Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the headsculpt here is the only thing that looks off to me. But I can't judge it fully until I have my hands on it and can attempt a repaint. Same with the DCD, I have to get my grubby hands on it to see which looks better to me.

For those too lazy.

a99eacf2ee22b25d0cd585bbd05aec3420c5c812.jpg

The hair coloring is much better, but there still needs to be more black around the eyes (looks grey).

GAH! Another fresh shot of Joker and the Head/Neck area is still not quite clear if it is one piece. Sorry, I'm just a little anal about this feature. I'm sure Hot Toys will make it great either way. It just bugs me that every picture just needs to be slightly angled and we can tell. But I think it is once piece now. Oh well.

Judging by their last few releases I'm assuming it'll be two pieces: the head as one and the neck as the other.

GAH! Another fresh shot of Joker and the Head/Neck area is still not quite clear if it is one piece. Sorry, I'm just a little anal about this feature. I'm sure Hot Toys will make it great either way. It just bugs me that every picture just needs to be slightly angled and we can tell. But I think it is once piece now. Oh well.

Thats what I thought at first, but then for a while now HT has been releasing the figures with two parts to the head. Like the PMC's, Jack Sparrow (first release), James Dean..

I actually think the opposite. It looks like one piece to me. :confused:

I actually think the opposite. It looks like one piece to me. :confused:

Yea, me too. If you look at the neck in that shot, it actually kinda has a slight inward curve to it. Doesn't look like the typical neck joint. And, usually the jaw line right below the ear will stick out slightly to indicate it is separate. That is also something missing from the picture. And I actually think the face sculpt looks a little better than the promo shots. I actually see a little bit more Ledger than the promos too.

Its confusing. I can look at the image and see that it is one piece, then I can look at it again and see that it is two pieces.....whatever, we'll know when its in hand a month or two from now :D.

Medicom's attempt:

20080621_8a9012ab3caf91fdfa9dnqy2HoCTkjDC.jpg

The headsculpt and paint look surprisingly great, but the outfit sucks horribly. If I could get ahold of just the head, I'd be happy.

The Medicom is balls. Look at the trench coat. Vest buttons are wrong, too (minor nit).

DCD is better. HT is best.

The Medicom is balls. Look at the trench coat.

DCD is better. HT is best.

For me the Ultimate Joker is the Hot Toys figure with the following interchangable heads:

Hot Toys Head
DA's Custom Head
DCD's Head (maybe customed a bit on the hair)
Medicom Head (assuming it isn't too small)

That would give many nice display options.

I guarantee the Medicom will be underscaled, too. Huge turn off, for me.

I guarantee the Medicom will be underscaled, too. Huge turn off, for me.

Thats a given, but are the heads also underscaled as well? I've never found a Medicom worthy of purchase.

DCD has the opposite probelm, too large, but at least their heads seem true 1:6 scale.

Either way, I'll at least have Josh's and the Hot Toys one to swap.

It's hard to judge, munch. Once I get HT in hand, it will be easier to see if the DCD head can be swapped. My Joker is the same height as Cannibal Jack (but we know the HT Jacks are a bit oversized, too).

There's not much difference in the sculpts. Looks like the same expression. Medicom has the better paint, though. The caked on look, the full black eyes. The scar looks better.

The coat looks bad.

Plus all of medicoms headculpts always have an Asian influence in the style....you can always see that. Which isn't good, cause then the figures look fake or anime-ish

Thats a given, but are the heads also underscaled as well? I've never found a Medicom worthy of purchase.

DCD has the opposite probelm, too large, but at least their heads seem true 1:6 scale.

Either way, I'll at least have Josh's and the Hot Toys one to swap.

I find Medicom suffers from Tiny Head syndrome, they all seem not only smaller compared to other makers, but even their own bodies on some of the figures.

I find Medicom suffers from Tiny Head syndrome, they all seem not only smaller compared to other makers, but even their own bodies on some of the figures.

Yep. It's ok on a size appropriate figure like Wolverine or Spidey, not so much on normal sized characters. Really noticeable in a lineup if you have them sectioned off by license like I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back