Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also noticed the picture of Batman with Joker and Bruce, either Bruce and Joker are too short or they made Batman a giant cuz he almost looks an inch taller, not sure how scale's going to play out just among the Medi TDK line by itself, let alone with other makers.

Medicom head on HT's everything else, and it'd be a perfect Joker.

As it stands, no company has gotten it down perfect. Sad.

20080621_8a9012ab3caf91fdfa9dnqy2HoCTkjDC.jpg

Paint job from Medicom seems much more accurate

A paintjob like that would totally improve the HT figure.

It's just way too light on the HT.

I personally think Medicom went to heavy on the paints. It looks more like the cartoonish style Mattel joker figure that recently came out.

It'll still be nice, but as I suspected, it looks like they've run the paint smeared down along the neck. They probably figured folks wouldn't be looking for too much articulation out of the neck of the Joker, so they gave it a decent ammount and chose a style that would look better for the figure. HT sculpted neck figures still have a great range of motion.

Ah, well there we go then! I already preordered a while back, but it just always bugged me that I couldn't see the articulation there. Thanks for the pics!

That Hot Toys sculpt is really detailed, but I'm sorry, of the three we've seen it's the furthest away from being anywhere close to Ledger as the Joker. It's definitely not just the paint. I give it props for the detail, but that's about it. The outfit on the other hand is easily tops.

I hope HT does a Bank Robber Joker with the double neck joint with a masked head and a new joker sculpt.

Anyone know if the sculpt has teeth? Funny question, but with the mouth open like that, I hope there is teeth in there! :)

What options are there now for ordering this figure? BBTS and Toys2 are sold out. It's available from some ebay sellers, but that's not my first choice.

I ordered mine one within a couple of hours them being listed on ABC Express store on eBay! So glad. I'll be honest I did think about getting two of them... But I thought there is something wrong with profiteering off someones death...

That Hot Toys sculpt is really detailed, but I'm sorry, of the three we've seen it's the furthest away from being anywhere close to Ledger as the Joker. It's definitely not just the paint. I give it props for the detail, but that's about it. The outfit on the other hand is easily tops.

Looks like Ledger to me. :huh Though it is tricky to tell under the paint and lighting conditions.

The hair is definitely the best of the three.

Hopefully there will be a side by side comparison of the 3 once they all ship.

To tell you the truth, judging from the trailers I've seen, I'm not sure that the on-screen Joker looks that much like Ledger to me. In any case, I don't see any more of Ledger in any of the other sculpts, so I figured I would go with the Hot Toys version for the superior accessories, and to have the "complete set" of HT stuff when I get Batman and the Batmobile.

By the way, I remembered that Microsoft is doing their Live.com 20% discount for ebay buy-it-now auctions, so I got the figure from an ebay seller. With the discount, it came to $147.65 shipped, and that's with EMS shipping. Not too bad, I guess.

Any update on the Joker guns Pjam?

Robert from Toys n Swords left me a VM Friday. 21 Cent is out of stock but should be making more sets. Robert said he'd keep us posted via email. :D

So, not good news but not bad news either.

Robert from Toys n Swords left me a VM Friday. 21 Cent is out of stock but should be making more sets. Robert said he'd keep us posted via email. :D

So, not good news but not bad news either.

As long as we get a set with the gun we need, I could care less about the other guns in it, but that does sound promissing! Did he have any idea when we might start seeing these new sets? And by new sets does he mean this will just be rereleased?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back