Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope :D

But if the Joker doesn't include his purple coat or inner jacket, technically, he SHOULD cost less because we could technically be getting less!

they will probably put in different accessories to make up for it and charge the same price. :cool:

How's this Paul, also muted his hair some.

joker.jpg

I really think Heath's in the sculpt and under flattering light, this sculpt will shine, but the nose especially is so undefined in the lighting of the HT shots, I'm really anxious to see him in fair lighting.

The Image King comes through again! That is some beautiful stuff Sean, shows what a few tweaks will do for this sculpt.

Of course Les and Josh's Joker heads/paints are simply eye-gawkingly phenomenal but I wanted to see how this sculpt might look painted correctly. I agree there aren't really a great number of HT prod photos which might show this sculpt better. Love to see more angles of this guy, but I betcha there's a great sculpt under here too.

No problem, this image is the one that sold me that there will be a nice sculpt once we get it.

14DK_TheJoker_12inches.jpg

The way I see it, Les and DCD's heads come off the best so far because the expression is pretty universal, it's a static face where the eyes bring out the emotion, but Hot Toys went for a dramatically "posed" face, and I think that throws likeness perception off, coupled with lighting. However, since Joker is shaping up to be like Nicholson Joker + Hannibal Lecter + Tony Soprano, I think we're going to see a wide range of expressions on him and in the end the HT look may very well represent him, time will tell. As a collectible photographer, I prefer the sinister face of the HT figure over a more neutral one.

since the majority of the face is paint layered over skin I think this will be my first high end head repaint. If I mess it up I still have Les's Joker sculpt on the way ! :rock

No problem, this image is the one that sold me that there will be a nice sculpt once we get it.

14DK_TheJoker_12inches.jpg

The way I see it, Les and DCD's heads come off the best so far because the expression is pretty universal, it's a static face where the eyes bring out the emotion, but Hot Toys went for a dramatically "posed" face, and I think that throws likeness perception off, coupled with lighting. However, since Joker is shaping up to be like Nicholson Joker + Hannibal Lecter + Tony Soprano, I think we're going to see a wide range of expressions on him and in the end the HT look may very well represent him, time will tell. As a collectible photographer, I prefer the sinister face of the HT figure over a more neutral one.

I love this shot. To me it says "Diabolical".

And it will pose spectacularly with the HT Bats.

That photoshop looks great MaulFan.

I love the head sculpt. I prefer this one a bit more than the DCD one and the Medicom. More sinister and threatening.

For those of you who havnt ordered one yet are you placing an order on Toys 2 even though it says out of stock? Do you think I'll be able to get one or should I look somewhere else? Any suggestions?

For those of you who havnt ordered one yet are you placing an order on Toys 2 even though it says out of stock? Do you think I'll be able to get one or should I look somewhere else? Any suggestions?

Nope, Toys2 is 100% sold out...even their waitlist is sold out. BBTS is sold out, you can still pre-order it at actionHQ or eBay.

Basically you go to www.live.com, type something like "hot toys joker" in the search bar and then click on the ebay link in the "sponsored links" to the top or right of the search results. You will probably then have to refine your ebay results, since it'll probably just be "joker" instead of "hot toys joker" or whatever. But anyway, Microsoft is giving people 20% or more back on what they spent on BIN auctions using paypal. I got 20% off on my Joker and actually got 25% off on my Batman (not sure why I got more for that one). You have to set up a live.com account (although Microsoft passports seem to work) and then wait 60 days and you will get cash back. (There is some fine print, such as being limited to doing this three times in different "online sessions -- you should read the rules before trying it.)

Assuming everything works out OK, I got both the original suit Batman and Joker for $273 shipped.

EDIT: Just tried it again now and it's only showing 10% off. It seems kind of random. I heard of people getting as much as 35%.

Last edited:
Nope, Toys2 is 100% sold out...even their waitlist is sold out. BBTS is sold out, you can still pre-order it at actionHQ or eBay.

Okay I made an account on actionHQ. If I preorder now will I be charged right away or only when its shipped?

Okay I made an account on actionHQ. If I preorder now will I be charged right away or only when its shipped?

When it ships :). (as long as you don't do paypal)....act fast though only 5 Jokers left.

I'm hoping in 30 days time I have this figure in hand. I'm going to be taking lots of pics of this one.

I'll probably wierd my family out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back