Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There were multiple suits. Go to the Propstore website, search for Batman 1989 and you'll see them.
Also the fight scene with the sword-holding guy used a stuntman for sure (face looks different).

It’s confirmed the armor pieces are foam latex, while I believe the underlying bodysuit was a spandex bodysuit covered in liquid latex.

Here’s the stuntman’s IG.

https://www.instagram.com/balletbat1989?igsh=dWJrODlzcm15NGN3
On the propstore site they have a suit where the armor is mounted to a latex bodysuit based on the description. Doesn't state whether the bodysuit is the original one, however the fragility of the foam latex pieces makes me think it may be. Would seem to risky to glue the pieces to a new bodysuit.

Nick...? Is that you?
Needs more Ledger Joker.

117945.gif

When the smoke clears, this will be coveted as much as the DX09. 89 Bat's is my nostalgia weakness. I know better than to let product slide by me with this version of Bats.
You can never be so sure in these times.

Hot Toys lose their value fast.

They might have the 3.0 with the smooth finish body announced by next week.

You might see somebody else tackle this figure and do it better. Inart, JND, Mars.. but most likely of the bunch is Jazzinc.

I do wonder just how much of the film was actually using Keaton. He had a body double for stunts. I'd assume it was used for even fight scenes. Keaton basically just stood there, looking badass.

I think he actually was used in a stunt with Vickie tho.
If you look at the video on the page, you can see all the scenes doubled by Carl Newman.
https://www.balletbat1989.com/

You can never be so sure in these times.

Hot Toys lose their value fast.

They might have the 3.0 with the smoith finish body announced by next week.

You might see somebody else tackle this figure and do it better. Inart, JND, Mars.. but most likely of the bunch is Jazzinc.
None of the names on that list inspire much confidence. Let alone having interest on waiting for their version to materialize.

And I'm certainly not concerned with aftermarket value. Not what I collect these things for.

JazzInc won’t make 89 Batman, just the sitting version. Also, with his limited budget that won’t allow for rolling eyes, I don’t see him making the suit as accurate as possible, as that requires a good bit of R&D. To make individual tiny molds for each detail of the suit will prove costly, no wonder HT just made a solid mold.

When these figures are on the shelf under a light you can barely even see the eyes. You are posting macro closeups of his irises, thats not a reflection of reality, you can never see that kind of detail. What you can see is the correct shape of the cowl and mouth plate. Which unreal is beating the hot toys at in my opinion
I agree that Unreal's is the best around overall. It's the one I would choose even at a compromise from the rest.

@Nick D Unreal is very responsive to feedback. Hit him up with your notes on Instagram.

And if he can make the Hot Toys eyes compatible with his sculpt, that's all the better.

You can always send it to a different painter too.

Though a bit ill fitting, seeing this DX09 face plate on 2.0 makes it clear that the new mouth plates are indeed hurting the likeness to Keaton. Hopefully someone out there will mod the originals to fit 2.0, and offer to sell them, painted. Maybe whoever made those Doc Brown heads for Kit?

1723145111188.png

None of the names on that list inspire much confidence. Let alone having interest on waiting for their version to materialize.

And I'm certainly not concerned with aftermarket value. Not what I collect these things for.
I didn't mean aftermarket value, but more in response to them being "coveted". I don't really see a lot of Hot Toys being coveted anymore. There's not much collectibility to these things anymore.

Though a bit ill fitting, seeing this DX09 face plate on 2.0 makes it clear that the new mouth plates are indeed hurting the likeness to Keaton. Hopefully someone out there will mod the originals to fit 2.0, and offer to sell them, painted. Maybe whoever made those Doc Brown heads for Kit?
This is why we only really need spot on faceplates, the eyes here are fantastic and a custom artist won’t match that. Plus HT made it super easy to make some compatible with their sculpt, it’s no longer magnetic but simply a round peg, easy.

Yep. Said this a couple days ago and was laughed at but, the Mezco figure (in my eyes) is the only Keaton Bats that ever came remotely close to capturing Keaton's likeness.

DX09 had a likeness, but it was clownishly off, as well. 2.0 barely has Keaton in it.

And that is what amazes me (negatively) that a company that has done mostly figures of real live action characters cannot get this right.
And that bunching of the rubber on the hips is disgusting.

I'm not certain about this, but I think in Batman Begins, they would regloss the emblem inbetween takes.
One of the few details that get lost in figure form unfortunately:cry:

Maybe if there’s enough of a tiff about this figure then they can do a Returns 2.0 properly. We can just ask Howard to borrow some of that artisan budget lol.

I guess it was probably too late into production for HT to make the switch since they only fairly recently started using silicone, but that would've been a better choice for the body for both longevity and posing. Might've even naturally came out smoother with a more matte finish in the process as well.

Back