Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where was all this criticism months ago when this figure went up for preorder? If everyone here talking had spammed Hot Toys’ facebook comments there’s a chance we could’ve seen a change. They ain’t looking at this forum. They listen if they get humiliated enough.

I wonder if they’ll save the “improved” version for a deluxe set with a Bruce Wayne + that Batcomputer they showed off.

There’s an old Kristofferson lyric: “if you waste your time talking to the people who don’t listen, who do you think’s gonna listen? Who do you think’s gonna care?” The sad reality is that people are gonna buy it anyway cause it’s Keaton. Hell, even me, with all of my bitching and bemoaning; I’m watching the Sideshow unboxing and thinking “he doesn’t look that bad from afar” and “am I just blowing it out of proportion” and “dammit. Am I going to be able to say ‘no’ if my waitlist converts?”

I don’t get it, but to some of these people, Howard Chan may as well be Jesus Christ. It doesn’t matter if it’s accurate. It’s right because Hot Toys made it…and they will argue it. I’ve posted this **** in OSR on Facebook. Commented in the Sideshow groups. Even on Reddit. On the Reddit post, I literally got “I prefer the one piece rubber design to the real suit and I hope they don’t change it” and that’s insane to me. You would think people just have money growing on trees with how they’re willing to throw $400 at something without wanting every aspect of it to be the best it can possibly be for the price.

Last edited:
I see Keaton in the DX09 but it looks almost cartoonish and too exaggerated. Maybe that's just me.

That there's even a debate here shows how good the DX09 was for the time and how little progress HT have made in thirteen years since.

Improved eyes, paint apps and diorama bases aside they have really stood still. InArt get criticism but at least they are trying to move things forward. Already pushed HT into doing proper rooted hair.

Can someone get us a picture with the eyes upturned in the cowl, nothing exaggerated but something more aggressive than the placid look out of the box.

The best I’ve found…

IMG_5398.jpeg

IMG_5399.jpeg

Just had a chance to unbox.
This is better than it looks in pics. A very welcome update to my dx 09.
exceeds my expectations, the fact you can now move the limbs and they stay in that position-groundbreaking 😂
But no, if your into 89 batman you will regret letting this slide by. It’s a great figure

Attachments

• IMG_5344.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Just had a chance to unbox.
This is better than it looks in pics. A very welcome update to my dx 09.
exceeds my expectations, the fact you can now move the limbs and they stay in that position-groundbreaking 😂
But no, if your into 89 batman you will regret letting this slide by. It’s a great figure
It gets a lot of Returns vibes on this shot.
IMG_5400.jpeg

Whoa, it's actually a bit taller
Just slightly, think it’s the shoulders that sit a little higher on the body. They are very similar if not identical in height.
Stock cape is far better than I thought it would be. I have a Jaxon cape ready for it but I’m gonna take the time to futz the stock as I think it could look good with some patience.

Attachments

• IMG_5360.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5356.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5355.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
View attachment IMG_5363.jpeg
Yeah I’m really happy with this guys it’s better than the dx 09.
The dimpled suit simply isn’t noticeable and would probably look better than a flat black, better proportions, paint apps, poseability are all far superior to the original & as for the headsculpt.
I think people here are just too used to seeing the dx09, it’s good but some people have that burned into their head what Keaton batman looks like.
I got Deadpool on Wednesday I thought that would blow me away, but Iv spent much longer with this. Poseability options are mahoosive compared to the dx 09.

Dunno how better proportions can be claimed. The body is practically identical. Actually the 09 has a bit better shape to his shoulders, which you can't see anyways in the end so whatever. The overtexturing is noticeable. Yes I think the new one is better overall as a figure but some people on copium with outright false claims.

batkeat.jpg

Honestly, if my waitlist converts, I might be more inclined to see if I can send the suit and cowl to someone to battle damage/scorch that Batsymbol a bit. The bloody face is the best of the bunch and the BD/post-Batwing crash look fits better with the diorama, anyway. Makes me want to see an Artisan Jack with that wispy hair and glasses. That’d be perfect.

Dunno how better proportions can be claimed. The body is practically identical. Actually the 09 has a bit better shape to his shoulders, which you can't see anyways in the end so whatever. The overtexturing is noticeable. Yes I think the new one is better overall as a figure but some people on copium with outright false claims.

View attachment 719249
Copium 😂
😂
The dx 09 is boxy proportionally. It’s the cape that saves it.
It’s an altogether awkward body shape.
I think that’s one of the biggest improvement's to the dx 09.
I agree it’s over textured but its no where near as bad as close up pics make it look-it’s pretty much identical to my dx09 side by side.
The dx looks like a “toy” alongside this.
I’m still keeping my dx09 to go alongside my Batmobile but the new one kicks its ass 😁

Back