Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure you're wrong on most of that.
Hands and stand, sure. Maybe the boots.

Literally the last things on the list to raise eyebrows.
if you don't think that the new suit finish looks more like mold degradation and want to believe that HT added the texture live in that world my man.
if you also don't think HT reused the belt then idk what to tell you lmao

I doubt they reused the same mold because this figure is substantially taller and wider. The belt clips are new at the very least because they’re bigger than those found on the DX09. Hands, most accessories, and boots are all likely repaints.

I doubt they reused the same mold because this figure is substantially taller and wider. The belt clips are new at the very least because they’re bigger than those found on the DX09. Hands, most accessories, and boots are all likely repaints.
Now that I can get behind. As for the suit, I'm still not convinced. The new one doesn't look that much larger, but is definitely bigger. People that have done body swaps on DX09 look similar to the new one in size. If HT did in fact do a brand new suit and it came out looking like that, then that's an even bigger wtf moment. Best parts on this new one are the eyes and the emblem.

It appears to be a new mold, the bottom left ab has a “hook” edge on it, the DX09 suit doesn’t appear to have that.

IMG_3346.jpeg

IMG_3347.jpeg

It appears to be a new mold, the bottom left ab has a “hook” edge on it, the DX09 suit doesn’t appear to have that.

View attachment 718959
View attachment 718960
Perfect opportunity for us to bring back the circles and arrows lol. Like I said if it is new then that's sad. I've said on previous pages, if you don't have an 89 bats already then the new one is a good pickup regardless.

Sorry, the figures left bottom ab, towards the top of it on the inside closest to the bottom right ab.

If someone has both in hand, it would be nice to post a comparison shot of both suits without capes.

It’s really the texture on the suit that bothers me the most. Had it been the proper smoother finish, I can very easily look past everything else. In all the photos so far, my eyes immediately get drawn to the suit, which is a shame.
Agree^.
Weather it's an old mold or a new one, apparently someone along the line used it as an oatmeal bowl, and forgot to rinse it out.

Last edited:
Yeah this isn’t the equivalent of passing on another rendition of Bale, this is the first of its kind in almost thirteen years. Those waiting on InArt to make it will be waiting a long time, they’re one character into TDK, 89 isn’t a priority to them if TDK isn’t.

Yeah this isn’t the equivalent of passing on another rendition of Bale, this is the first of its kind in almost thirteen years. Those waiting on InArt to make it will be waiting a long time, they’re one character into TDK, 89 isn’t a priority to them if TDK isn’t.
Really hope if another company takes a crack at 89 bats that they don’t give us another full rubber suit

While I agree, I feel like, if they wow us with Reeve’s updates and the numbers are there, pre-order wise, the OG stuff may get a bump on the priority list. They just need to hurry tf up and strike while the iron’s hot before Howard gets the chance to cut into it with his own.

Really hope if another company takes a crack at 89 bats that they don’t give us another full rubber suit
Boggles my mind that they did it again. Like, they have to know that there was a fabric undersuit, right? If some nerd on the internet like me (who is nowhere near as anal about this stuff as some people) can see those promo shots and be like “hey, why don’t they just do that?” I feel like, in their search for reference, they had to have seen those same pictures. Which means they just didn’t want to do it and cheaped out.

While I agree, I feel like, if they wow us with Reeve’s updates and the numbers are there, pre-order wise, the OG stuff may get a bump on the priority list. They just need to hurry tf up and strike while the iron’s hot before Howard gets the chance to cut into it with his own.
I hope that Reeve update is soon. Frustrating how little they show off new stuff. Dying to see their Batfleck to.

Boggles my mind that they did it again. Like, they have to know that there was a fabric undersuit, right? If some nerd on the internet like me (who is nowhere near as anal about this stuff as some people) can see those promo shots and be like “hey, why don’t they just do that?” I feel like, in their search for reference, they had to have seen those same pictures. Which means they just didn’t want to do it and cheaped out.
Wasn't the "undertsuit" (what little there was of one) a thin latex/rubber too, and all connected/glued?

Last edited:
Would love it, I’ll still keep my deluxe PO until perfection arrives. JND would probably make a nice one with the silicone lower face and glass magnetic eyes, they would also be likely to accurately make the suit in pieces, their attention to detail on the Ledger coat and HP Dr. Martens shows this.

The deluxe base is just too nice to not own even if it won’t be displayed full time. With added airbrush detailing it can really shine like stone instead of plastic, and Nicholson looks fantastic with it. I’m keeping a close eye on what custom work gets done to this, as well as 1:6 black wetsuits.

Would love it, I’ll still keep my deluxe PO until perfection arrives. JND would probably make a nice one with the silicone lower face and glass magnetic eyes, they would also be likely to accurately make the suit in pieces, their attention to detail on the Ledger coat and HP Dr. Martens shows this.
I’m keeping a close eye on what custom work gets done to this, as well as 1:6 black wetsuits.
JND I have faith to produce the best cape for 89.

This release has me starting to piece together ideas to assemble a custom 89 bats

Back