Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is an ok figure if you want a representation of the character, an acceptable update to the DX9.
The problem is it improved in some things, but messed up others.
A 2.0 is supposed to address that problems of the previous figure, not create new ones.
And to me, the likeness and texturing of the suit are just to noticeable.
The laughing faceplate is the best one

Will someone attempt a DX09 suit swap? That’s about the only option until someone finally segments the suit.
I wish I could remember where I saw it, but a few years back someone did cut up the DX09 suit and attach the pieces to a body suit. Possibly in the DX09 thread here?

Last edited:
I wish I could remember where I saw it, but a few years back someone did cut up the DX09 suit and attach the pieces to a body suit. Possibly in the DX09 thread here?
Yes, Robbie the painter I believe it was. Photos are somewhere in the DX09 thread I believe. He used a wetsuit though, this needs a thin spandex, normal spandex wouldn’t be to scale.

8zsnun.jpg

Anyone who owns the deluxe with the gargoyle base, could you please tell me the dimensions of the box? Want to know if it’d fit in a large suitcase. It looks about as long as it is wide. Thanks for any help.

I feel like the cowl should be thicker around the mouth and eyes, it's quite bulky in '89 and the irises are too big like the DX09. Looking good though.

The mouth looks good but there is something off about the upper part of the chin surface... where it curves back towards the lower lip, it almost looks like the sculptor has used one of zbrush's polish or pinch tools on it..giving it a slightly too planar look.

Nothing about the eye cutouts have stood out to me. Contrary to that sentiment, I'd argue the eyes are the best part of the figure aside from ratcheted joints.

The cutouts don't trigger me one way or the other, strangely enough. And I think they would, as I'm drawn to the eyes when I look at this figure.

DX09 had the ridiculous eye cutouts and I'll absolutely die on that hill. Ok maybe not ridiculous, but certainly not screen accurate.

Nothing about the eye cutouts have stood out to me. Contrary to that sentiment, I'd argue the eyes are the best part of the figure aside from ratcheted joints.

The cutouts don't trigger me one way or the other, strangely enough. And I think they would, as I'm drawn to the eyes when I look at this figure.

DX09 had the ridiculous eye cutouts and I'll absolutely die on that hill. Ok maybe not ridiculous, but certainly not screen accurate.
I agree, the eyes on this figure are a massive improvement over the DX09 in my opinion.

This is my issue, I’m starting to focus on all of the inaccuracies across all three releases and the custom cowl. In order to have a decent representation you’d have to -

Use :

DX09 suit with MMS693 body.

MMS693 cowl, eyes and emblem.

Custom faceplates and battle damaged stock faceplate.

Jaxon Xu custom drape cape.

DX09 belt (if you can reposition the clips to the front, if not, MMS693 belt)

MMS693 boots, gloved hands, gauntlets and accessories.

MMS693 base.

And that’s not even for a grail worthy Keaton.

Back