Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 719242
Yeah I’m really happy with this guys it’s better than the dx 09.
The dimpled suit simply isn’t noticeable and would probably look better than a flat black, better proportions, paint apps, poseability are all far superior to the original & as for the headsculpt.
I think people here are just too used to seeing the dx09, it’s good but some people have that burned into their head what Keaton batman looks like.
I got Deadpool on Wednesday I thought that would blow me away, but Iv spent much longer with this. Poseability options are mahoosive compared to the dx 09.

Yep that looks awesome.

Dunno how better proportions can be claimed. The body is practically identical. Actually the 09 has a bit better shape to his shoulders, which you can't see anyways in the end so whatever. The overtexturing is noticeable. Yes I think the new one is better overall as a figure but some people on copium with outright false claims.

View attachment 719249

The more I look at the 2.0 the worse it gets. Not just the texture, cape, majority of the mouthplates, and lack of an accurate suit are bad, but the belt sucks too. The side pods are gigantic and they didn’t even bother with some of the gold paint.

Almost every single change they made is a downgrade from the DX09. I’m with Batfan about sending this guy in to be fully battle damaged - it feels like the best way to salvage him, unless you want to:

- Buy Jaxon’s cape ($70+)
- Buy Unreal’s head ($300+)
- Buy a DX09 body ($120+)
- Buy a new belt ($???)

Why? Even that static Flash 1989 batsuit statue thing they showed looked miles better than this. They know what this is supposed to look like.

I can’t even see InArt or JND swooping in here. I’m fine keeping my order, I missed out on the DX09, but watching reviews and seeing comparison photos is pissing me off.

Last edited:
The dx 09 is boxy proportionally. It’s the cape that saves it.
It’s an altogether awkward body shape.
I think that’s one of the biggest improvement's to the dx 09.
I agree it’s over textured but its no where near as bad as close up pics make it look-it’s pretty much identical to my dx09 side by side.
The dx looks like a “toy” alongside this.
I’m still keeping my dx09 to go alongside my Batmobile but the new one kicks its ass 😁

The more I look at the 2.0 the worse it gets. Not just the texture, cape, majority of the mouthplates, and lack of an accurate suit are bad, but the belt sucks too. The side pods are gigantic and they didn’t even bother with some of the gold paint.

Almost every single change they made is a downgrade from the DX09. I’m with Batfan about sending this guy in to be fully battle damaged - it feels like the best way to salvage him.

Why? Even that static Flash 1989 batsuit statue thing they showed looked miles better than this.

I can’t even see InArt or JND swooping in here. I think we’re stuck with this.

How’s the belt in comparison?
The exact same apart from the detailing round the inner clasp-which is my only gripe on this figure.
It’s the exact same size as the dx 09, pods at the side too- Exact same

Found one.

IMG_3373.jpeg

Well, I've come full circle with a wide range of emotions about this release. Was initially floored and excited. Then disappointed and peeved. At this point I've accepted all of it for what it is (and isn't).

Just gonna try to enjoy it when it gets here and see if it can spark a flame of interest and fun in seeing it displayed. It'll be my first representation of him at this scale and I really want to make the best of it where and if I can. 🤷

The exact same apart from the detailing round the inner clasp-which is my only gripe on this figure.
It’s the exact same size as the dx 09, pods at the side too- Exact same

Are the belt pods movable or glued in place?

I'm curious what changes will be applied to the Returns version now. You just know it's gonna be another lesson in pain for us all over again.
Returns versions only improvements that could be made made would be hidden pers panel and better eye detail.
Do the people here that are bemoaning this release even own the originals?!

Will someone attempt a DX09 suit swap?
That’s about the only option until someone finally segments the suit.

On the bright side, let’s be honest, Keaton isn’t the star of the show here. Eyes raised is how I’ll display him, he’s an accessory to me.

IMG_3373.jpeg

IMG_3374.jpeg

IMG_3377.jpeg

Without the weathering, the belt comes off as yellow colored plastic without any paint applied. Yet another step backwards.

Ugh. I've gotta stay out of this thread...

Yeah I’m really happy with this guys it’s better than the dx 09.

The more I look at the 2.0 the worse it gets.
This thread gives me whiplash every time I read it. The above quotes basically encapsulate the last 70 pages or so :lol ...

I still quite like it and still consider it an overall improvement in spite of some obvious flaws. And I've owned both DX09 and Returns so I'm not driving blind. Of course, everyone gets their own opinion and what doesn't bother me may drive someone else nuts. But yeah ... whiplash.

Back