Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my issue, I’m starting to focus on all of the inaccuracies across all three releases and the custom cowl. In order to have a decent representation you’d have to -

Use :

DX09 suit with MMS693 body.

MMS693 cowl, eyes and emblem.

Custom faceplates and battle damaged stock faceplate.

Jaxon Xu custom drape cape.

DX09 belt (if you can reposition the clips to the front, if not, MMS693 belt)

MMS693 boots, gloved hands, gauntlets and accessories.

MMS693 base.

And that’s not even for a grail worthy Keaton.
You're over thinking it. Because nobody is gonna make that kitbash happen with any semblance of quality. They're too incompatible with each other for obvious reasons.

This figure is flawed from the top of its head to the bottom of it's toes. All around, absolutely a failure. There is no sugar coating it. So let's just get that out of the way.

Now, to add more pain to injury, we're obviously gonna compare this one to the DX09. If for nothing else, than to compound that failure, right?

We've all basically established by now that it's not topping that one.

Instead of dwelling on the cons, we've got to find a silver lining. If there is any. Some will call it copium. Others will say it's unnecessary and it stands on its own as a reissue.

I'm somewhere in the middle but need to not HATE this. If I cannot find a few or more reasons to not hate it, then I need to cancel the preorder.

That's where I am with this figure.

(actually, perhaps I'm the guy over thinking it)

You're over thinking it. Because nobody is gonna make that kitbash happen with any semblance of quality. They're too incompatible with each other for obvious reasons.

This figure is flawed from the top of its head to the bottom of it's toes. All around, absolutely a failure. There is no sugar coating it. So let's just get that out of the way.

Now, to add more pain to injury, we're obviously gonna compare this one to the DX09. If for nothing else, than to compound that failure, right?

We've all basically established by now that it's not topping that one.

Instead of dwelling on the cons, we've got to find a silver lining. If there is any. Some will call it copium. Others will say it's unnecessary and it stands on its own as a reissue.

I'm somewhere in the middle but need to not HATE this. If I cannot find a few or more reasons to not hate it, then I need to cancel the preorder.

That's where I am with this figure.

(actually, perhaps I'm the guy over thinking it)
Definitely over thinking it. But please cancel the pre order 😏

Last edited:
Definitely over thinking it. But please cancel the pre order 😏
creasy, we're all well aware how hard you simp for this release. You've made it painfully obvious.

We've all sat here and read your posts. You love it. And I don't mean this with any sarcasm.

We're glad you love it. Seriously. That's awesome.

But you do show a blatent bias when anyone posts a negative about this figure.

Stop.

I'll like what I like and I'll dislike what I dislike and you'll just have to find a way to live with that. Do not take my preference as some kind of personal attack on your obviously delicate sensibilities when it comes to this release, please.

I don’t believe I am. I’m trying to weigh in on if purchasing both DX09 & MMS693 along with a custom cape and face plates is worth it to own 89’ Batman, or to wait the long haul until it shows its head again. If I cancel I’ll only have the Batmobile and Nicholson till who knows when.

I don’t believe I am. I’m trying to weigh in on if purchasing both DX09 & MMS693 along with a custom cape and face plates is worth it to own 89’ Batman, or to wait the long haul until it shows its head again. If I cancel I’ll only have the Batmobile and Nicholson till who knows when.
I don't think this figures flaws CAN push me to cancel. I'm disappointed, but I don't hate it.

I feel like best course of action may be to wait it out, see what custom work gets offered, the Sideshow delay may actually be in our favor this time.
Perhaps. Perhaps not, in my case.

I cannot see myself investing one dollar more towards this. Certainly nothing stupidly priced like a custom cowl.

That isn't why I preoredrd the damn thing. Not to fix it. Not at that level of fixing. The body used to be the worst part of this guy, now it requires a completely new cowl and faceplates?

F that. I ain't buying **** else.

This is where we see it differently, either I keep my PO and do everything I can to make a complete 89’ Keaton, or I cancel and wait for less work to do. Keeping this 100% stock isn’t an option for me if I were to own it. I never leave anything stock.

This is where we see it differently, either I keep my PO and do everything I can to make a complete 89’ Keaton, or I cancel and wait for less work to do. Keeping this 100% stock isn’t an option for me if I were to own it. I never leave anything stock.
I respect that. Your delima is larger than mine, it would seem. You're a hands on, fix it kinda dude.

I want something shipped that I can take out the box and display and be done with it.

I despise fixing, customizing, altering, futzing.

Someone said the boots are shinny or have a gloss. This has been an issue for more than a few Keaton figures of various scales dating back to the 80s.

Is it confirmed his boots are indeed glossy?

Wtf is that? Why? I've never understood this. I'm staring at my 89 Toybiz Bats on card.

They're shiny.

Actually, I believe for 89’ they were nubuck; a cheaper suede which most Jordans use in place of quality suede. For 89’ black nubuck Jordan sixes, returns they were black leather Jordan sixes.

Last edited:
You could cancel and see what InArt and/or JND bring to market.

Howard will milk Batman and maybe even release another Keaton '89 with a Bat-closet or something.
I'm 45 and ain't gettin no younger.

If a perfect 89 Bat's were to happen, it would have by now. I'm content feeling sorry myself and wallowing in self pitty.

Poor me, poor me.

Pour me another drink.

Also, creasy is the first member of my fan club. Isn't that right, creasy?
I'll like what I like and I'll dislike what I dislike and you'll just have to find a way to live with that. Do not take my preference as some kind of personal attack on your obviously delicate sensibilities when it comes to this release, please.
😏

😏
Then stop stalking my posts with snarky laughing emojis. It makes you look petty.

Those who don't like this can just wait for Batman Returns Batman since we saw that on display recently and I'm sure if anything since seeing the diorama base it will be a deluxe with Batglider. I'll be happy with this but will also get BR version when it goes up.

Those who don't like this can just wait for Batman Returns Batman since we saw that on display recently and I'm sure if anything since seeing the diorama base it will be a deluxe with Batglider. I'll be happy with this but will also get BR version when it goes up.
Who in Gawds Name is exited for the changes they'll make to Returns Batman after this?

Last edited:
Back