Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if some kind of a rubberized paint spray to smooth it out would be a better option.
this should do the trick and should help it last even longer šŸ‘€
h9Lsyt.gif

I donā€™t mean to offend anyone in this thread but I kind of feel like Keaton Batman fans get so obsessive over every minute detail. It gets to be a bit too much for me. It feels like no matter what someone wonā€™t be happy for some reason or another.

Ledger Joker fans:

IMG_2835.jpeg

Apparently the newer body is smaller in height to more accurately reflect Keatonā€™s stature. Its marginal in comparison videos, the new body is however slightly bulkier.

Does the DX09 have a fatsuit? If so, with its removal the padded out body on the 2.0 may fit the old suit nicely. Sadly waiting to see it done as I have no intentions of purchasing a DX09 if itā€™s not doable.

View attachment 719524
it has a fat suit. that is what restricts the articulation. he especially has a padded out crotch

I donā€™t mean to offend anyone in this thread but I kind of feel like Keaton Batman fans get so obsessive over every minute detail. It gets to be a bit too much for me. It feels like no matter what someone wonā€™t be happy for some reason or another.
You have been here awhile that is what the DC section has always been. Perhaps you have forgotten?

They just had to come up with some dumb ass USB drive stick neck peg system, I appreciate the hidden rolling eyes access point, but that was the best design in-house?

How much texture would a small dremel even buff out before burning through the suit, light hands of course but sounds a little far fetched, it sounds more ideal to just fetch the suit from the DX09 imo.

They just had to come up with some dumb ass USB drive stick neck peg system, I appreciate the hidden rolling eyes access point, but that was the best design in-house?
the plastic is always so brittle. seen it happen for Kilmer batman all the time. ill make my own neck peg for this so it just friction fits

Yeah. DC fans to tend to complain a lot and are a bit more obsessive for whatever reason.
Because we donā€™t get a lot of releases, every release or custom piece we get is to replace the inaccurate piece before it. Thereā€™s a reason I have less than fifteen figures despite collecting for eight years.

To be fair, every fandom has that section. The reeve community is far worse.

Yeah. DC fans to tend to complain a lot and are a bit more obsessive for whatever reason. This or that always needs to be modded. Seems to happen more than most of the other fandoms.
Well for good reason with leaky Dx02's and busted TF Batman. Not to mention melted Comedians and the general excitement/anxiety to get Dx12 just right because for the time it seemed oh so close. It just needed a couple hundred mods :lol

Not sure the thirst for the perfect Ledger will ever be quenched though?

But yeah, the Dx08/09 seemed to pretty much get mass approval at the time minus the cape.

Exactly, weā€™ve been fed so much garbage over the years. DC is practically the sole reason for the custom scene taking off to the degree it has. DX08 & DX09 have had pretty much mass approval because we know thatā€™s about as best weā€™ll get for some time for 1989 Batman. Itā€™s taken thirteen years to get this tiny batch release riddled with inaccuracies and yet no 2.0 Nicholson to follow it so weā€™ve had to all hop on the Yunsil Jack run to get it done instead.

Ledger build is too much fun and is largely why Iā€™ve stayed in the hobby for as long as I have. It does feel good to get closer over the years Iā€™ll say definitely.

Exactly, weā€™ve been fed so much garbage over the years. DC is practically the sole reason for the custom scene taking off to the degree it has. DX08 & DX09 have had pretty much mass approval because we know thatā€™s about as best weā€™ll get for some time for 1989 Batman. Itā€™s taken thirteen years to get this tiny batch release riddled with inaccuracies and yet no 2.0 Nicholson to follow it so weā€™ve had to all hop on the Yunsil Jack run to get it done instead.

Ledger build is too much fun and is largely why Iā€™ve stayed in the hobby for as long as I have. It does feel good to get closer over the years Iā€™ll say definitely.
Right on.

I sent my message too early. I left a lot of stuff out.

-Other than DCEU, DC pretty much being ignored by HT for years during the Marvel/Iron Man craze.

- Still no Returns Catwoman/Penguin after being promised a decade plus ago.

- No other 89 figures besides this one. - yet. Other Jokers could have been made when we knew they still had Jacks rights. We got Mime and then the line died. Also, no BD Batman/ Jack Napier etc.

-No 66 Joker or car or anything else for that matter after being shown proto at events many times.

-Ledger Joker in general - perhaps the new one will appease most people. Still, no nurse.

-Dx19 debacle with new version being announced within a year. And then another variant after that.

-MMS 595 (saved by custom sculpts)

- 1/4 versions of Batman Begins and especially Joker weren't their best work. "Half ass"

- Nailing Suicide Squad and other one off figures on the first try. The old, "if we perfect it now, how can we sell a slightly improved version in the future?" Hasbro tactic. (See: This figure)

- More re-releases or 2.0's of DCEU. Not hating/just bored

- Problems with Tumbler

- Problems with 89 Batmobile

- Problems with the figure being discussed here that are justified at this point in the game.

I'm still probably forgetting things

Right on.

I sent my message too early. I left a lot of stuff out.

-Other than DCEU, DC pretty much being ignored by HT for years during the Marvel/Iron Man craze.

- Still no Returns Catwoman/Penguin after being promised a decade plus ago.

- No other 89 figures besides this one. - yet. Other Jokers could have been made when we knew they still had Jacks rights. We got Mime and then the line died. Also, no BD Batman/ Jack Napier etc.

-No 66 Joker or car or anything else for that matter after being shown proto at events many times.

-Ledger Joker in general - perhaps the new one will appease most people. Still, no nurse.

-Dx19 debacle with new version being announced within a year. And then another variant after that.

-MMS 595 (saved by custom sculpts)

- 1/4 versions of Batman Begins and especially Joker weren't their best work. "Half ass"

- Nailing Suicide Squad and other one off figures on the first try. The old, "if we perfect it now, how can we sell a slightly improved version in the future?" Hasbro tactic. (See: This figure)

- More re-releases or 2.0's of DCEU. Not hating/just bored

- Problems with Tumbler

- Problems with 89 Batmobile

- Problems with the figure being discussed here that are justified at this point in the game.

I'm still probably forgetting things
The reasons for no Jacks is probably likeness rights but also the fact that the original line didn't sell very well. They over produced the DX08 so the DX14 came of it. And that one sold even less. Beats me why they didn't do well...i woulda thought Batman 89 was very popular.

šŸ’€šŸ’€ donfung sculpt... im impatiently waiting for finwee to put his order up for his joker head

The reasons for no Jacks is probably likeness rights but also the fact that the original line didn't sell very well. They over produced the DX08 so the DX14 came of it. And that one sold even less. Beats me why they didn't do well...i woulda thought Batman 89 was very popular.
he's apparently really stingy with his likeness approval. darkside collectibles is the only one doing a high end collectible with their 1/3 statue. i don't think prime1 has plans to do Nicholson. its a miracle for everyone that the flash happened and a resurgence of keaton stuff is coming out. people have been barking for a 1/3 keaton or anything from 89/returns. (I'm not counting beast kingdom, that thing is fugly as hell)

šŸ’€šŸ’€ donfung sculpt... im impatiently waiting for finwee to put his order up for his joker head
Same here, will be a good Halloween treat if he swings it.

Bloodied faceplate realistically our only option as nobody seems interested in quickly printing some up, dumbfounded by that.

I canā€™t pay $300 for a cowl plus paint if itā€™s not entirely screen accurate either, thatā€™s throwing good money after bad and the suit would still need a swap to only be marginally more accurate than its absence.

The paint of Unreals looks unreal and the replacement faceplates still undersell his likeness. I know itā€™s a fresh project with updates to be done.

All in all -

Custom sculpt - $300+
Custom paint from different artist - $400+
DX09 $400+
MMS693 $350
Custom cape $70

Thatā€™s right at $1,600 USD for something somewhat passable, is that worth it for this is my question.

Last edited:
Back