Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is apparently a very low batch release according to some rumors. If true you’d think it’d make it easy for HT to jump ahead of this with the texture and faceplates. Also meaning we’re probably not going to see a 3.0 anytime soon as they feel Keaton isn’t popular enough?

After looking at the stripped-down comparison of the old and new body suits, I'm convinced they just dug the old, degraded DX09 mold out of storage, refurbished it a bit to get it production ready, and called it a day.

Bruce impatiently waiting for his alter ego.

IMG_5607.jpeg

This is assuming that they actually do go ahead and release the Returns 2.0, and that it doesn't end up languishing for all eternity in Howard's special vault...
Knowing HT they'll release it since they've been doing nothing but 2.0s recently.

That cowl is the only thing that has kept me from canceling so far. How impossible are we talking about swapping the DX09 suit to this body? Surely more inconvenient than the Toy Fair exclusive Batman Begins suit from back in the day I’d imagine due to the sheer consistency of it.

I just need to see someone merge the 1.0 & 2.0 together proving it can be done.

There’s just no way I can leave this figure displayed with the 2.0 suit texture left as is, I’d rather not own it.

That cowl is the only thing that has kept me from canceling so far. How impossible are we talking about swapping the DX09 suit to this body? Surely more inconvenient than the Toy Fair exclusive Batman Begins suit from back in the day I’d imagine due to the sheer consistency of it.

I just need to see someone merge the 1.0 & 2.0 together proving it can be done.

There’s just no way I can leave this figure displayed with the 2.0 suit texture left as is, I’d rather not own it.

Gonna have cut up both suits in the back to take out the body.

Gonna have cut up both suits in the back to take out the body.
Is there a discrete area possibly underneath the utility belt to create a decent but not noticeable opening? I know the BB suit was almost like a body suit the way the torso and lower waist were glued together between the legs making a body swap a bit easier.

Is there a discrete area possibly underneath the utility belt to create a decent but not noticeable opening? I know the BB suit was almost like a body suit the way the torso and lower waist were glued together between the legs making a body swap a bit easier.

In the vid he said he only had to cut up the back of the suit because the phicen body didn't have removeable arms. He was able to take the suit off the dx09 body by just cutting the waist area to separate the pants and torso regions. Guess we'll just have to see if the 2.0 arms can be detached from the body to make it easier.

In the vid he said he only had to cut up the back of the suit because the phicen body didn't have removeable arms. He was able to take the suit off the dx09 body by just cutting the waist area to separate the pants and torso regions. Guess we'll just have to see if the 2.0 arms can be detached from the body to make it easier.
That’s what I was thinking, I don’t mind surgery at the back of it behind the belt or cape. It would never be seen and likely would just glue it back in place once on the new body. The size difference seems subtle enough to not see much effect I think.

It’s a shame we have to do all of this as soon as it’s received, but you either make the best out of the ****** situation or cancel. I won’t leave anything in my case that I’m deeply dissatisfied with and yet not attempt to make it nice. That’s like strategically placing a time bomb that’ll go off every time you walk by it.

will the smaller DX09 Batsuit fit the new taller body?
Apparently the newer body is smaller in height to more accurately reflect Keaton’s stature. Its marginal in comparison videos, the new body is however slightly bulkier.

Does the DX09 have a fatsuit? If so, with its removal the padded out body on the 2.0 may fit the old suit nicely. Sadly waiting to see it done as I have no intentions of purchasing a DX09 if it’s not doable.

IMG_3436.jpeg

Last edited:
Did they get to the shoulders and give up? What kind of anatomy is that?!
Well to be fair, the anatomy of the DX09 body is really bad itself or Keaton has the straightest back I’ve ever seen and HT is really good at capturing details, I’ll go with the former.

The new body may look good in the old more defined smoother muscle suit, it just looks fat in the 2.0 suit. Keaton was a skinny guy, no need to beef him up, his torso and arms looked extremely taut in the suit, this was exaggerated even more so due to the contrast from the cowl and cape one piece oversized design.

Despite the ballet dancer stunt doubles efforts, it always appeared like one strong gust of wind and that heavy cape and cowl would launch Batman in any given direction. He’s not Affleck.

Last edited:
Likely more muscle detail would leave the cowl edges tapering away
Less is likely so the cape and cowl fit as flush as possible.
Great point, that’s exactly why the shoulders sit flush the way they do. That portion will never be seen, therefore function over accuracy.

Back