Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has pushed them. But I think that push is about to come to a very quick and abrupt end.

InArt absolutely, cannot compete with distribution or amount of product and we've seen what the response is from the community over that.

They absolutely suck right now at getting product out. I know, takes time. Blah, blah, blah.

Guess what? I'm the consumer. I'm the guy putting the money up for the product. Not my problem.

And they have failed, spectacularly.

They are no longer 9n my radar over this amongst a host of other issues I've seen. I don't hate them for bumps in the road. All companies deal with it.

But I'll not be one of the poor souls that put up with it and receive some of the absolute garbage they've sent out to customers.

So I'm not a InArt apologist but I also understand the troubles they're having getting into the industry.
I think the main issue is apparent on their end. They bit off more then they can chew, they over promised on the speed of their products but should have just stated they'll deliver it within a year and 6 months or however fast they can get figures out. They also shouldn't take high quantities unless otherwise able to complete them in the deadline they set. Since they are able to make good figures but need to get a foot on their quality not just on their prototype but final products, it's a learning experience they should have eased into rather than go full speed into it and crashing and burning. Same goes for their advertising, the whole "influencer batch" has upset the majority of people because that means most of collector won't get the product until months later or even a year.

Me smoothing down that MMS693 suit:

woodworking-patlap.gif

Still think HT should have given us a 1/4 scale Keaton Bats by now. 89 Joker and Reeve Superman as well for that matter.

Has there ever been any custom cowls made for the 1/4 NECA 89 Batman?

I'm 45 and ain't gettin no younger.

If a perfect 89 Bat's were to happen, it would have by now. I'm content feeling sorry myself and wallowing in self pitty.
Hard disagree. Hot Toys is slow and their licenses few (at least the ones they act on), but between Howard's competitiveness and newcomers like InArt and JND entering the fold, the stage is set for better Keatons to keep coming. As is the case for Terminator and a number of other iconic characters.

Barring a complete industry collapse, we will have more options for every existing character and format as the months and years pass.

Last edited:
Hard disagree. Hot Toys is slow and their licenses few (at least the ones they act on), but between Howard's competitiveness and newcomers like InArt and JND entering the fold, the stage is set for better Keatons to come. As is the case for Terminator and a number of other iconic characters.

Barring a complete industry collapse, we will have more options for every existing character and format as the months and years pass.
Ah. HT representative finally speaks. /s
Move on and miss me with that nonsense please.

So, judging by this thread, the Keaton Batman is going to be the new Indiana Jones as far as trying to create that perfect 1/6 representation...
Normally this should have been Hot toys's job. A version 2.0 is supposed to be an improved version. I would have preferred a carbon copy of the DX 09 rather than a downgrad.

Those who don't like this can just wait for Batman Returns Batman since we saw that on display recently and I'm sure if anything since seeing the diorama base it will be a deluxe with Batglider. I'll be happy with this but will also get BR version when it goes up.

This is assuming that they actually do go ahead and release the Returns 2.0, and that it doesn't end up languishing for all eternity in Howard's special vault...

This is giving me the exact response I had to NWH Tobey Spider-Man, which I sold without even opening.

It’s an unacceptably mediocre, lazy, inaccurate representation of an extremely popular, classic, and beloved character who deserves far better.

Hot Toys may be the king of quantity and production capacity but when so many of their releases are half-baked misses that rely solely on the character’s popularity to do the heavy lifting on generating sales over their own innovation and craftsmanship, we simply can’t consider them the best in the field; just the most active.
This is classic HT resting on their laurels.

I’ve never owned a Keaton Batman and have this PO’d. I’m a prime candidate for copium or giving excessive leeway to justify the purchase- but I don’t see any Keaton here, which actually puts it a step below NWH Tobey, and the absence of any genuine improvements beyond more realistic eyes on a poor likeness sculpt and a body with stronger joints is just insulting.

Back