Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
unreal's, im not sure if its final. need to ask if he could make the eyes more recessed but haven't had the time to dig up some pictures. while I do think the dx09 sculpt is better on its side profile, something about the front never looked right to me and I always kinda hated the cap in the back, even if its something you never really see if you sit it right, but its just something that lingered in my mind

the actual dx09 body is strong, its just the fat suit restricted any space inside the rubber suit for it to move. I'm using durasteel mando body. considered using a phicen but dropped that idea real quick with how tedious it'll be fitting it through the suit and risking tearing it more than it should. it was already a pain removing the original body from the rubber suit while dissecting the figure from the back

you got any pictures of the cowl I can send his way?

What sculpt? So far I’m not seeing it with unreals, it’s like vacuumed flush to his face. I like the DX09 sculpt better, also what body did you use?

I’m trying to decide if I want to Frankenstein both DX09 & MMS693 and then add JazzInc’s real suit into the mix when he gets to it.
Jazz is going to make only the suit? Not the whole figure?

asked unreal to see if he'd consider reshaping the cowl a little bit or moving the face inwards a little so theres a bit of a noticeable gap instead of having the cowl be form fitting. hopefully he takes it into consideration. i feel like people who purchased and went all in on the cowl has some say or feedback to give to try and see if we can all be on the same page

1724073052901.png

Joost is making an 89 Batman? Not just one to sit in the car?
He said he can do the suit from ‘89 or ‘92 the JazzInc way (accurate bodysuit) next year if there’s enough interest. Along with full diecast Tumbler (both colors) and has the files for the Begins suit.

asked unreal to see if he'd consider reshaping the cowl a little bit or moving the face inwards a little so theres a bit of a noticeable gap instead of having the cowl be form fitting. hopefully he takes it into consideration. i feel like people who purchased and went all in on the cowl has some say or feedback to give to try and see if we can all be on the same page
I won’t invest a cent into that $310 custom sculpt unless it’s movie accurate. Won’t hop on the run in hopes he’ll listen to me.

It’s not about price, it’s about accuracy. Believe me if something is good enough and I want it, I’ll aim to buy it.

To throw something up for $310 USD with all of those inaccuracies claiming this new cowl is to replace an inferior cowl when they’re actually both riddled with their own issues to the point buying another MMS692 (essentially at this asking price) is insulting.

I would be annoyed to buy the current iteration of Unreal's cowl only for a more definitive 2.0 to follow on shortly after. If he does nail it though and 310 includes a paintjob (although I know you don't rate his painting highly Nick) I think that's a fine price when compared to all the Ledger Joker stuff. Bearing in mind that literally everything in this hobby is more expensive than it ideally would be.

Full figure I’m sure, he just needs to know we’re there for it next year.
Good for him. After seeing how Hot Toys and Sideshow put the screws to him on US distribution for Catwoman, I feel like he should pour all his blood, sweat, and tears into making a Keaton that acts as a “go **** yourself” to Howard Chan. Did he say he’s going to give it the actual, fabric bodysuit under the plates?

If he nails it, it justifies its existence. I want him to because no one has. Pump the brakes on announcing prices and selling it though, it leaves a bad taste. It’s like Aries believing her Ledger suit is worth $3k without the necessary improvements.

Good for him. After seeing how Hot Toys and Sideshow put the screws to him on US distribution for Catwoman, I feel like he should pour all his blood, sweat, and tears into making a Keaton that acts as a “go **** yourself” to Howard Chan. Did he say he’s going to give it the actual, fabric bodysuit under the plates?
Yes “the JazzInc way, full accurate bodysuit.”

More cape options, this thing looks weird head on.

the issue here is how high the head sits and how thin the cape is. even dx09 kinda suffers from this issue with a drape cape, the head really needs to sit flush against the shoulders.

after some consideration, i think imma pass on 2.0 and just forfeit my $15 deposit, ill just go ahead and upgrade my dx09's head. i already modified the body so it'd be poseable. i need to back down on POs anyways, need to buy more custom figures

View attachment 721010
What does the adapter in the head look like? If it's for a ball joint, can one just bore it out a bit deeper to allow the head to sit lower? Or is another part of the cowl preventing the whole thing from sitting flush against the shoulders? Regardless, one would think that a fix can be found with a bit of investigation.

If he nails it, it justifies its existence. I want him to because no one has. Pump the brakes on announcing prices and selling it though, it leaves a bad taste. It’s like Aries believing her Ledger suit is worth $3k without the necessary improvements.
The reevz_fx dude he is getting insight from seems to know his stuff about 89. Newest render looks improved over the first. Current print on his page being shown is still that initial prototype i think

It’s a ball joint, with the neck peg being this ridiculous contraption. They made the shoulders pretty square to help the cowl flares hug the body better. I want to see the new sculpt on the DX09 body even though it isn’t compatible.

View attachment 721081
I think the large neck joint for the 2.0 was designed to be compensation for not having the cowl detach from the back to use the PERS ..this way it’s easier to take off the whole cowl much smoother than using the old TT body neck peg like the DX09. I know sometimes you have to really wiggle the DX09 cowl off ..I think this new neck slides off quicker

Back