Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still keeping my order, but my dx09 looks better than this. Something is off, and I think it’s the mouth plates. Symbol seems smaller.

The deluxe on TBA was 2600 HKD earlier. He bumped it up to 2900. This is why I don't like resellers. Prices can drastically change within the hour.
Yea, I’m always against timecent and other sellers who do this. But people continue to be impatient or needing it for their channels and support **** like this.

I remember seeing the listing for deluxe Mando. And within minutes, just as I was going to order...

Boom!

It shot up $80 more.

I messaged him and he was like,

"The market changed"

926e5009-c10a-48fe-b90e-fa0760f82fcd.png

Anyway, my plate is full at the moment, and this figure wasn't high priority on my list. I wanted to wait and see the price before I made a decision.

Can’t wait for Regan’s review from MC Adventures ..chances are he probably went to pick him up today :lol

This new sculpt without question is more accurate to the movie than the DX09. I'd like to see some more softly lit shots of the suit though. Harsh light definitely brings out the texture. These images are also huge in comparison to the scale of the figure in hand so its adding magnification to the texture that will be much less prominent in hand

I should have sold my Returns Batman last weekend... I would've had the funds sitting in my PP now.
And now I'm doubting whether to pull the trigger, while the price is increasing.
Waiting to see if they release the returns figure with the torn lower half of the cowl, with Keaton head. Won't list Returns my two-pack until I know for certain.

I wanted to see a side-by-side with the new release and some old photos of my DX09. Obviously the lighting/camerawork is much better in the blogger photos, but what do we think?

View attachment 717053
View attachment 717054
I didn't have a problem with the DX09 when I had it, but after your comparison, I can't stop fixating on how poorly fitted the mouth plates are.

I prefer the cowl texture on the new one, but the body texture of the old. The clincher is the new one's realism and less-exaggerated lips.

Last edited:
Speaking of the cowl texture, I love how the surface of the new one actually looks uneven. Check out the clavicle area or the side of the head. Even without the rough texture on top, the planes of the head and neck aren't perfectly flat or streamlined. It's got a slightly lumpy, handmade look to it. And the texture is not uniform in fineness and intensity all across the cowl, it varies depending on the area.

Back