Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-asset.jpeg

Unreal has potential, likeness is getting there but the quality of the sculpt and paint isn’t comparable to the new HT sculpt, therefore replacing it seems counterintuitive. The bottom of the chin also protrudes from the cowl unnaturally and the bat symbol is the wrong font and finish. I agree, just make some amazing hyper realistic Keaton faceplates, we don’t need a full cowl.

IMG_3342.jpeg

I have no idea how people aren't seeing Keaton there.
I think primarily the set of the lips, and twelve years of DX09 imprinting. Like a lot of actors Keaton's face has a certain plasticity to it, and that pursed-lip pseudo-pout thing he had going on for '89 Batman is very much a signature look, especially in the film and the few dozen promo photos we all stare at (and of course they count, that's the character representation we have). I actually think there was less of that in Returns.

But it's an endless back and forth, either you like the sculpt or you don't. Could be the paint but I actually take issue with the second photo of Unreal's attempt above. I see Keaton but less of him. :unsure:

Unreal has potential, likeness is getting there but the quality of the sculpt and paint isn’t comparable to the new HT sculpt, therefore replacing it seems counterintuitive. The bottom of the chin also protrudes from the cowl unnaturally and the bat symbol is the wrong font and finish. I agree, just make some amazing hyper realistic Keaton faceplates, we don’t need a full cowl.

View attachment 718940
It's a WIP, but you might be on to something there. Having the chin plates compatible with Hot Toy's 2.0 cowl would be a really great, and much more affordable option.

I don't know if he's down to do it, but it's worth asking.

It's a WIP, but you might be on to something there. Having the chin plates compatible with Hot Toy's 2.0 cowl would be a really great, and much more affordable option.

I don't know if he's down to do it, but it's worth asking.
Yeah I would hate to lose all of that beautiful texture, glossy bat symbol, and the best rolling eyes HT has ever done just because of lower face plates and slight creasing on the cowl underneath the eye holes. I don’t know, but the only way to make that Unreal sculpt blow the HT out of the water would be if someone as talented as Yelim were to paint it, right now, it looks custom.

IMG_3343.jpeg

I think primarily the set of the lips, and twelve years of DX09 imprinting. Like a lot of actors Keaton's face has a certain plasticity to it, and that pursed-lip pseudo-pout thing he had going on for '89 Batman is very much a signature look, especially in the film and the few dozen promo photos we all stare at (and of course they count, that's the character representation we have). I actually think there was less of that in Returns.

But it's an endless back and forth, either you like the sculpt or you don't. Could be the paint but I actually take issue with the second photo of Unreal's attempt above. I see Keaton but less of him. :unsure:
e828a8ad4305cd36a5dfbc12a5282501.jpg

I can ignore everything except the mouth plates which DX09 was better, even though it was also not on the money but the likeness was unmistakable.

I despise the cowl of the DXO9, it was so blatenly inaccurate that it angered me.

Yea the faceplates only would’ve been more ideal, no way I’m buying the whole cowl. I’m sure it’s priced higher than the deluxe, maybe more.

Back