Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Howard Inart gets my money! 😂
The proto was so on point I don't get where it went wrong? Like how did they even add the texture to a pretty solid proto?

Also mouth plates are meh.

It's like they just used some generic 1/6 scale head sculpt to base the production face plates on. There's absolutely no Keaton resemblance.

Isn't it, though? The Hot Toys 2.0 figure is waitlisted everywhere, Prime 1's 1/3 statue is sold out and they've already announced a 1/2 version. Seems to me '89 Bats is hot.
To us yes, not to Asia. This is why we haven’t seen a spec from these films since Mime Joker and Returns Keaton. It sold poorly, those sold poorly. Fact is, anything that isn’t Snyder verse or Nolan verse doesn’t sell for Batman overseas. When the NWH line released overseas that’s all you’d see for days, weeks.. Not with this.

Likelihood of a Nicholson Joker 2.0 is even lower now, why should they go through that expense for a distant IP to most of their audience.

Last edited:
IMG_3631.jpeg

IMG_3632.jpeg

IMG_3629.jpeg

IMG_3630.jpeg

On a livestream a few days ago Joost said if there’s enough support, next year he will make either the ‘89 or ‘92 Batsuit to JazzInc accuracy, meaning full accurate bodysuit.

He also said he’s very interested in making the Tumbler (HT is off by a few inches).
Fully diecast Tumbler with proper paint.
Camo Tumbler also.

Last edited:
On a livestream a few days ago Joost said if there’s enough support, next year he will make either the ‘89 or ‘92 Batsuit to JazzInc accuracy, meaning full accurate bodysuit.

He also said he’s very interested in making the Tumbler (HT is off by a few inches).
Fully diecast Tumbler with proper paint.
Camo Tumbler also.
Batman Begins GIF by Legendary Entertainment

I'm still thinking this figure will hold its value for you to be able to see it in hand and make up your own mind because everything looks better in hand. I can also see somebody (probably Jaxon) doing a better neutral faceplate in the near future. Will it solve the other issues like the textured suit - no - but a nice cape can minimize that.

Just hate seeing the people who were excited for this going without for years and possibly forever - and then finally getting over the issues because they need a 89 Batman in their display only to find it $600+ again on the secondary.

Just pop that excellent smiling face on in the meantime, pull that cape over the front, and put the thing on the diorama or by the car or whatever. The entirety of the display will be excellent and also serve to distract from the detailed issues your real life friends will never notice.

Back