Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You wouldn’t like to transition to just their 1:6 line? Same materials but posable.

I know it’ll take a while to build a proper collection from their offerings given the current rate, but owning a lot of 1:3 heavy statues seems like the all or bust approach given how ravaged the aftermarket is currently, at least imo. A positive outlook from your approach would be the less likelihood of reissues and 2.0’s.
I don't want to derail the thread too much, but since you asked, I'll try to answer without being too long winded. It's not really just about JND, so switching to their Kato Works line exclusively isn't something I would do to just stay in 1/6 scale. Prime1/Blitzway is doing some good work with their 1/3 Platinum line like their MJ and T800 Arnold. Has to do more with what the 1/3 scale brings to the table over 1/6 for me when it comes to movie related characters that I truly adore. Their presence is impressive, hard to beat; and, like previously mentioned, the realism is the best I've seen since I started collecting these sort of things back in 2007ish. I'm not really considering aftermarket resell value since they are characters I really want and aren't planning to sell in the near future, unless I absolutely have to.

Anyway, it's just a thought that has come about due to me already selling a lot of my collection as it is. I still like 1/6 a lot which is why I keep buying it :lol So, it's not like I'm dumping it all tomorrow. I keep buying the drug while trying to ween off it :LOL:

They should totally include this mouthplate with the Returns 2.0, as well as the bomb he sticks onto the big circus strongman.
ahh good 'ol Bam Bam Bigelow!

It almost seems too obvious for HT to include the smiley mouthplate.

Anyway, it's just a thought that has come about due to me already selling a lot of my collection as it is. I still like 1/6 a lot which is why I keep buying it :lol
I hear ya. I "got out" (selling all but one figure, ceasing active collecting) a while back, but I'm always on the periphery.

I have ... three one-sixth figures and one ThreeZero premium figure. I'm never going to dive back in full-bore, and don't have any central, unified display -- in a way I've gone back to where I started back in 2011-ish.

No one's ever really gone. :chase

My prediction on this figure is that in spite of it disappointing people, some of the cancellers are going to regret it down the road. I stand by my initial impression: in spite of some missed opportunities it's a lot of fun and worth having.

Michael Keaton Smile GIF
Lol... OK, except this smile/grin! We need this one too!

Just my personal opinion for what its worth:
I think the HT Batman Returns has the best Keaton mouth plate (no silly smile).
Would be awesome if Jaxon (or others) scanned that and tweaked it to fit the 2.0.
"Silly smile" sculpts can be great if done correctly. My favorite DX09 mouth plate used to be the smirking one as it does a pretty good job capturing the axis chemicals scene. Also, I'm not a fan of the typical HT slightly open mouth expression the Batman Returns figure also has, unfortunately.

Can anyone tell me if I can actually put batteries in the Batman base so it lights up? If it does, can anyone tell me how to open the battery compartment? The little instructions booklet doesn’t say anything about it lighting up nor putting in batteries.
IMG_5784.jpeg

You sound bitter bro lol

Jokes. I would never **** on your work.

I'll also never pay what they're worth. I can't man, figures are enough for me. I ain't collecting figs AND stands. Come on, lol.

And a daily reminder that I'M STILL NOT CANCELING MY ETERNAL TOYS CAT LADY

Good day!
You’re keeping your Eternal Toys Crap Lady in favor of the Jazz version!!?!! 😧
Double ignore feature engaged!

I don't want to derail the thread too much, but since you asked, I'll try to answer without being too long winded. It's not really just about JND, so switching to their Kato Works line exclusively isn't something I would do to just stay in 1/6 scale. Prime1/Blitzway is doing some good work with their 1/3 Platinum line like their MJ and T800 Arnold. Has to do more with what the 1/3 scale brings to the table over 1/6 for me when it comes to movie related characters that I truly adore. Their presence is impressive, hard to beat; and, like previously mentioned, the realism is the best I've seen since I started collecting these sort of things back in 2007ish. I'm not really considering aftermarket resell value since they are characters I really want and aren't planning to sell in the near future, unless I absolutely have to.

Anyway, it's just a thought that has come about due to me already selling a lot of my collection as it is. I still like 1/6 a lot which is why I keep buying it :lol So, it's not like I'm dumping it all tomorrow. I keep buying the drug while trying to ween off it

You’re keeping your Eternal Toys Crap Lady in favor of the Jazz version!!?!! 😧
Double ignore feature engaged!
In favor?

Keep up, pal.

This shows that the unreal cowl is really close. He just needs to improve the keaten likeness under it. Here are photos showing the unreal currently, and a version with the prime1 face underneath
View attachment 723736
View attachment 723737
No it doesn't. Because those pics are HEAVILY edited.

That is most certainly not a set of pics to be throwing around when we've seen what it looks like WITHOUT that nonsense.

If only...

And that cowl is still off by a metric mile.

It's just not it and no amount of bs will fix that thing.

Even if I could (can't) excuse the ridiculous mouth plate, the cowl just absolutely ruins it for me.

Some like this tho and more power to them.

But I'll NEVER miss an opportunity to **** on this thing. It's as bothersome to me as the 2.0 was.

Disappointment.

Back