Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it doesn't. Because those pics are HEAVILY edited.

That is most certainly not a set of pics to be throwing around when we've seen what it looks like WITHOUT that nonsense.

If only...

And that cowl is still off by a metric mile.

It's just not it and no amount of bs will fix that thing.
You are factually wrong. If you align the cowl with production photos from the movie they are very close. He essentially traced over a lot of movie images. This is not my opinion it is factual reality. You can’t have someone trace a photo then say “NOT EVEN CLOSE!”. I mean you could, but your opinion has no value.

Also, none of the photos are “heavily edited”, just the eye and mouth holes have been cut out to put in the prime1. Yet another example of you having absolutely no idea what you are taking about.

You are factually wrong. If you align the cowl with production photos from the movie they are very close. He essentially traced over a lot of movie images. This is not my opinion it is factual reality. You can’t have someone trace a photo then say “NOT EVEN CLOSE!”. I mean you could, but your opinion has no value.
I'm not interested in your words when it comes to "facts" because you bring literally nothing to back that statement up.

At all.

Its always gonna be opinion from me. And if mine holds no value to you, we'll I'll just have to find a way to live that and get on with life...

My day is essentially not changed.

I'm not interested in your words when it comes to "facts" because you bring literally nothing to back that statement up.

At all.

Its always gonna be opinion from me. And if mine holds no value to you, we'll I'll just have to find a way to live that and get on with life...

My day is essentially not changed.
The cowl being accurate isn’t an opinion. He traced production stills of the real thing. Your opinion can be that you don’t like it but the fact that it is highly accurate to the source material is not a debate- because it has been traced. If you overlay these two images in photoshop the cowls align almost to the pixel.
55F6E315-1CD8-444A-A78D-550F72523023.jpeg

Don’t think it’s his cowl that’s the problem. His eye sculpt and mouth sculpt isn’t quite there yet but it’s getting there.

Fair argument. And thank you for the effort but I don't agree with it. If this is a form of factual evidence, I'll just.. Give it to ya.

And it still pisses you off that I think the Unreal is trash. You'll be alright. I'm sure of it.

The cowl being accurate isn’t an opinion. He traced production stills of the real thing. Your opinion can be that you don’t like it but the fact that it is highly accurate to the source material is not a debate- because it has been traced. If you overlay these two images in photoshop the cowls align almost to the pixel.
View attachment 723752
It’s still not 100% traced. The lips are slightly the wrong shape which throws off the whole likeness. Look at the puffiness of the lips on the real life Keaton, then compare that to the sculpt. Also, Unreal has too many wrinkles underneath the lips, which really shouldn’t be too obvious. The only obvious wrinkles should be the nasolabial folds.
03371C15-C4BC-4E6F-9F1B-13E967633FA1.jpeg

View attachment 723752
Out of curiosity are you able to overlay the two? Interested to see how that looks as I'm getting the Unreal sculpt

@Mr. Awesome

For what its worth I really like all the Inart bases.
But then I've also been pretty lucky and all of mine have a pretty decent magnet strength/placement
I feel like they put a good amount of thought into the design to complement the character - if the entire surface was strongly magnetic I would say they were perfect.
My favourite is the Pennywise stage/diorama base by far - until Harry Potter arrives anyhow.

Nice. Thank you.

I'm actually not bothered by magnets as a way to securing figures. No way I'd every trust a mass produced piece of... whatever to hopefully make my super expensive figure secure.

My question was mostly toward the quality of the base, ect. Sorry for the confusion on my part, there.

I'm so not trusting a $400+ figure to "chance" in the hopes that the cheapest piece of the package will keep it secure.

The Unreal cowl is still not completely there - the ears are too skinny, neck underneath chin too long, back of the head isn’t round enough, bottom of the cowl doesn’t sit flush enough to the shoulders, rolling eyes aren’t good enough and are wide open. Fix all of this, add a gloss coat to the symbol, tweak the lips, and sharpen the nose a bit and it’s a winner.

Can someone who has the 2.0 compare it to the Returns 1.0 figure for me.
I don't have the DX09 but I do have the Returns figure and that is the one that would be upgraded with the new figure.

It’s still not 100% traced. The lips are slightly the wrong shape which throws off the whole likeness. Look at the puffiness of the lips on the real life Keaton, then compare that to the sculpt. Also, Unreal has too many wrinkles underneath the lips, which really shouldn’t be too obvious. The only obvious wrinkles should be the nasolabial folds.
View attachment 723753
Inspect Will Smith GIF

Trust me, if Unreal takes notes on what I said, the sculpt would look 100% accurate. This is a friggin’ 3D sculpt, they can literally go back to the computer and spend a few minutes updating the sculpt. Also, this sculpt is $300. Gotta be as accurate as possible. 🤷‍♂️

But they were talking about the cowl and the current state and how accurate it is, you are talking about the the faceplate, of course both are still in the works as Unreal mention. We are still 3 months away from ETA.

View attachment 723752
One of the things they talk about in art school is that when you reproduce something, especially a person, you have to remove details as you scale down. A true 1:1 representation at a smaller scale often just looks wrong. Whether it is a drawing, or a painting or a sculpture.

Art is about making choices about what to include and what not to include, and what to exaggerate or minimize. Being "perfect" does not automatically make something good.

One of the things they talk about in art school is that when you reproduce something, especially a person, you have to remove details as you scale down. A true 1:1 representation at a smaller scale often just looks wrong. Whether it is a drawing, or a painting or a sculpture.

Art is about making choices about what to include and what not to include, and what to exaggerate or minimize. Being "perfect" does not automatically make something good.
Please tell this to Hot Toys so that they don’t add unnecessary texture and detail to the suit. So much so that people are divided on whether a 12+ year old figure is still better than a 2.0 version.

Back