Hot Toys - MMS 95 - Terminator Salvation - John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much does this guy sell for these days? I feel like dumping mine, the movie was kahkah and I'm not sure why I bought the figure in the first place.

How much does this guy sell for these days? I feel like dumping mine, the movie was kahkah and I'm not sure why I bought the figure in the first place.

$10. Give me your Paypal address and I'll take it off your hands. I might even go as high as $15 because I feel generous today.

Found something very strange last week. At Toys R Us there's this "True Heroes Soldier Combat Troops" 10" figure line. They're like cheapo GI Joes and they're only sold at TRU. Anyway, one of them caught my eye.

I swear the headsculpt is really this Bale/Connor Hot Toys, shrunk down to 10 inch form and repainted, almost like a bootleg. There were two of them too. This particular TRU was pretty far away, so I checked the aisles at TRU close to my house, and while they did have the line, they didn't have the Bale/Connor lookalike figure. HOWEVER, they did have one that looked like, well, Samuel Jackson from that Spirit line that Hot Toys did.

I'm certain that they're "legit". I'm almost tempted to go back up there to the TRU to take pictures of it. It's really intriguing. I checked online for pics, but they're all stock photos, none of them are final product, not even the ones on TRU's site.

The line consists of a ski mask, ninja looking soldier, Bale, Jackson, and like, two others.

If any of you are close to a TRU, I'd check it out. I'm sure they're there. I thought I'd share, I thought it was a freak find myself. It's almost identical in every way.

interesting, what scale? are they scaled down or 1 6?

Scaled down a bit? Not sure. It's about the size of a 1/6 figure but I think the body is 10".

Found a pic,

t2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinking it's an unused head from the Salvation kids line. That actually looks more like Bale to me than the HT head.

I'm thinking it's an unused head from the Salvation kids line. That actually looks more like Bale to me than the HT head.

But playmates didn't have the Bale likeness license. Trust me, it's Hot Toys. Everything is identical, from the hair line to just the overall sculpt. Obviously, it's not 100% identical, because I believe it's a recast and it also has $15 dollar toy paint apps but still, there's no doubt in my mind that the origin of this sculpt is from Hot Toys.

My question is, how could a company get a way with this? This and the Samuel Jackson are pretty unique items. If any of you have a local TRU nearby, I'd suggest checking it out just so you can see it in person for yourself. It really struck me as odd.

I'd buy that just for the HS and repaint it and Resculpt it for my DX Bats. Thanks for the heads up DiFab! :hi5: going to head to TRU in the next couple of days now

Back