1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's got to be a manufacturing/QC issue. It's the same head sculpt as shown in all the promo images, and it looks great in those photos.

Also, I never fully trust photographs, video is more of an accurate judge because you are seeing a three dimentional object manipulated, whereas a photo is a moment frozen in time. And lighting choices can make a MASSIVE difference in how something looks.

Well my anger at sideshow has been released, turns out they were saving us Canadians the heartache of such a terrible release :lol

Head is the worst part but also the torso and arms, too puffy and loose fitting, not even close to something representative of the movie look. No need to waste my time on this guy

:exactly: This

Just hope they don't mess up the Cap two-pack head scuplts now! :pray:

It's got to be a manufacturing/QC issue. It's the same head sculpt as shown in all the promo images, and it looks great in those photos.

Also, I never fully trust photographs, video is more of an accurate judge because you are seeing a three dimentional object manipulated, whereas a photo is a moment frozen in time. And lighting choices can make a MASSIVE difference in how something looks.

''a moment frozen in time''

how poetic :lol :hi5:

They have to make sure some are misses too so that people will treasure the hits more and buy them. If not sooner or later if all were hits, everyone will expect better again.

no_michael_bluth.gif

Well there is a reason all of the recent shows and the Cap Winter Solder Display in Hong Kong did not have the new sculpt. HT probably received the production head and waited. Didn't want to spook the masses until release, after they got all of the deposits. :lol

i am just dying to know how the price of the figure will be affected..those who manage to get the PO has been marking it up for sale
to an incredibly high price during the past months.

Gonna stick by the figure, as i dont have TFA or Cap yet, the sculpt does look a little weird, but i will wait till i get it in hand and then if its that bad just whack one of the sculpts from TWS double pack, sorted :)

Ughh... I keep looking at the images as I want to like this figure so much but I just can't. I think I may just stick with 2 cap figures for now and cancel or sell this one and sell my avengers version. I just really like the first Avenger and rescue ones so much and the money I save could go towards a nice display for them and a motorcycle I have been wanting so bad for my first avenger. I really need to learn to just choose the figures I really like and that it is OK to let the others go.

Back