1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that looks like garbage. No wonder they were showing it with the old heasculpts at all the events. I'm glad I passed on this.

People should just ignore this release and get the First Avenger figure. $160 bucks average price and it looks WAAAAAAY better.

hot-toys-captain_america-the_first_avengers-incredible-figure-17.jpg

Wow, that looks like garbage. No wonder they were showing it with the old heasculpts at all the events. I'm glad I passed on this.

People should just ignore this release and get the First Avenger figure. $160 bucks average price and it looks WAAAAAAY better.

View attachment 115682

$160? From where?

Most eBay listings are around $275 - $300. If you're serious, please tell me where to look.

I just canceled my waitlist. Not happy with the final product. I would prefer to have TFA with all of the accessories. The diecast shield isnt enough of a draw for me and I agree that the quality of the HS will impact the overall value of this figure. Not worth holding onto it IMHO.

I don't see the hate for this. Still looks like the unmasked avengers head cut and put into the TFA helmet to me.

Well... there are stunt men who work in costume... just pretend it's one of them on your shelf!

I have two major issues with this, and neither of them are new since they were both readily apparent on the prototype: 1) the head, for reasons others are saying; and 2) the odd looking upper torso/shoulder/upper arm area. He doesn't look very natural, physically, because of the upper torso issue. I was hoping HT might work on addressing that second issue, but no. And the articulation doesn't look much better than it does with the First Avenger version, which is another bummer. On the bright side, the stitching looks better on this outfit, and it has the die cast shield of course. Guess I'll get it in-hand and then decide which version of Cap to keep.

$160? From where?

Most eBay listings are around $275 - $300. If you're serious, please tell me where to look.

I just canceled my waitlist. Not happy with the final product. I would prefer to have TFA with all of the accessories. The diecast shield isnt enough of a draw for me and I agree that the quality of the HS will impact the overall value of this figure. Not worth holding onto it IMHO.

I got mine on eBay for 150 shipped, dude. And I saw one that sold for the same price on Sunday. You just gotta keep on the look out.

I have two major issues with this, and neither of them are new since they were both readily apparent on the prototype: 1) the head, for reasons others are saying; and 2) the odd looking upper torso/shoulder/upper arm area. He doesn't look very natural, physically, because of the upper torso issue. I was hoping HT might work on addressing that second issue, but no. And the articulation doesn't look much better than it does with the First Avenger version, which is another bummer. On the bright side, the stitching looks better on this outfit, and it has the die cast shield of course. Guess I'll get it in-hand and then decide which version of Cap to keep.

The arms are separate on this one allegedly.

Back