1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the record, I dont hate this figure at all. Im not happy with the HS, and that was enough for me to cancel my waitlist (which probably would have converted). I think it is a great figure. I just think TFA is a better representation of Golden Age Cap. Im gonna hold out and see if I can pick up a TFA at a decent price.

There's just SOMETHING off about the arms especially the part where the shoulder connects to the actual torso, the transition makes it look off in proportion. Also, the head, need I say more...

Left or Right?

6a853733jw1ehjnkvijxgj20tm18g47g.jpg

Nobody did. That's why they hid the headsculpt from us until release date. They knew it was crap so they used old headsculpts for the events.

This is the same head they issued pics of with the prototype.
They never hid anything, lol.

Other than the head it looks ok to me. I have the first avenger version so I never ordered this one. I like the extra strip on the front.

You can do that with sticky vinyl on TFA version.
I did that on one a few months back after seeing the teaser posted for TWS.

One positive from this version, the die cast shield looks awesome. I'm really liking the vivid color of the red and blue. At least that's a goodie from this one.

Yeah, the shield does look nice. I wish I had one like that for my Cap 2 Pack.

Yeah, it's as if the arms are part of an undersuit, and he's wearing a flak vest on top of it. . .that somehow is less billowy than the shirt underneath.

I think it's supposed to look like the previous figure, but that the arms are separate solely for the purposes of articulation.

I also wouldn't panic about the helmet.
When Strike Suit Cap comes out, buy a spare helmeted head from that and cover over the ears, lol.
That'll do the trick.

I think it's supposed to look like the previous figure, but that the arms are separate solely for the purposes of articulation.

I also wouldn't panic about the helmet.
When Strike Suit Cap comes out, buy a spare helmeted head from that and cover over the ears, lol.
That'll do the trick.

:exactly:

I want to say I like the figure but I feel like I'd be dragged into town square and stoned. Some things look slightly off, but it's def the same head. Shouldn't be hard to get this guy to near perfect, I agree that for the asking price you shouldn't have to, but I like tinkering with my figures.

There's just SOMETHING off about the arms especially the part where the shoulder connects to the actual torso, the transition makes it look off in proportion. Also, the head, need I say more...

Left or Right?

6a853733jw1ehjnkvijxgj20tm18g47g.jpg

Damn. Seeing them side by side now makes me regret canceling my waitlist. Probably little point in getting back on it now. Im mad at my impatience. I should have stuck with this one. :slap

I want to say I like the figure but I feel like I'd be dragged into town square and stoned. Some things look slightly off, but it's def the same head. Shouldn't be hard to get this guy to near perfect, I agree that for the asking price you shouldn't have to, but I like tinkering with my figures.

https://gifsoup.com

Back