1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just cancelled, I just couldn't justify the price and final look of this. First Cap I won't be picking up.
That's saying something, because I've seen you pick up figures that weren't acceptable as-is that you've modified to suit you. Do you think this figure is beyond salvaging, or do you just not to want to expend the effort?

That is a scary proposition. Rory is the only person that could make the Star Spangled Spandex man look reasonable to put on a shelf. If you are turning from this one, yikes! Agree though there will be effort to get this one going. A full upper body overhaul.

But. . .what if that one sculptor was horrible at sculpting Cap? If this wish turned into a Twilight Zone episode, I can see all the Caps looking like Arnie Kim's Indy.

I actually think HT would have done well to try some different sculptors' hands at Joker. Yulli was consistently one of their best in-house sculptors, but she never totally nailed that one despite several chances.

I'm guessing Rory is passing b/c there's no point wasting money and a lot of time modding a figure just to get it looking nearly as good to a TFA Cap he already has, and could just throw a new sculpt on and be done with it. :huh

I'm guessing Rory is passing b/c there's no point wasting money and a lot of time modding a figure just to get it looking nearly as good to a TFA Cap he already has, and could just throw a new sculpt on and be done with it. :huh

I'm contemplating a look with a cleaned helmet and the new 2 pack sculpt. But I still think this one may need the DX12 pillow suit pulled and plucked treatment. Thank goodness this one will be no where as evasive as that one was. Afraid may need some stitching as well, we will see.

:exactly:...I agree with that....might at least then have some consistency!

Seriously, when you buy different versions of the same characters its kind of awkward :lol

But. . .what if that one sculptor was horrible at sculpting Cap? If this wish turned into a Twilight Zone episode, I can see all the Caps looking like Arnie Kim's Indy.

I actually think HT would have done well to try some different sculptors' hands at Joker. Yulli was consistently one of their best in-house sculptors, but she never totally nailed that one despite several chances.

I guess thats the fault of whoever chooses which sculptor does each character

Seriously, when you buy different versions of the same characters its kind of awkward :lol

Don't tell that to Iron Man collectors. :lecture

Oh wait, I'm an Iron Man collector! :monkey4

It happens, even with IM.

IMG_5292.jpg

Just got my MGL grenade launcher. Should fit in nicely with the rest of the weapons. Think he'll be posed with the Barrett for the time being, though.

Who did the Thor sculpt? Should've gotten him/her. Chris Hemsworth's likeness was nailed!

That's saying something, because I've seen you pick up figures that weren't acceptable as-is that you've modified to suit you. Do you think this figure is beyond salvaging, or do you just not to want to expend the effort?

I just think I wouldn't be happy looking at it. I started already thinking about fixes, and I just know that I either want to modify a pretty expensive figure (which will probably be tricky to find spare parts for) or be bothered, I really like the TFA version that I modded and have another minty in box. I would want to replace the head on this somehow. Dunno :( just seemed like another project and it's a bit expensive for what I would end up with?

Hope one of you other guys got the figure.
:duff

That is a scary proposition. Rory is the only person that could make the Star Spangled Spandex man look reasonable to put on a shelf. If you are turning from this one, yikes! Agree though there will be effort to get this one going. A full upper body overhaul.

:lol a lot of work.

Exactly mate.

Back