1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The two pack is going to be the definitive Cap set for quite a while I think man. Also the parts from it will rejuvenate all the previous releases. At last we will have decent sculpts to go on our figures. Once the knock offs hit ebay I'd like to bet we will get helmeted versions (TFA, Avengers, this) of the new sculpts as well.
:rock

Until the Avengers 2 Cap comes out Next year.....a combination of Classic colors and Stealth together....= Best Cap that will be

Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain Ame...

Can't wait to see everyone mod for this cap. Because that shoulder area is way to puffy and that's keep bugging me..

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain Ame...

I picked up one of these heads, anyone have one? What is it a boot of? Its a mix of a couple of other heads right?

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain Ame...

Can't wait to see everyone mod for this cap. Because that shoulder area is way to puffy and that's keep bugging me..

That's the one thing that is sticking out to me as well. Makes it look like he has no neck, but in close-up pics you can see the neck is there, there is just too much suit.

I picked up one of these heads, anyone have one? What is it a boot of? Its a mix of a couple of other heads right?

I think it's a mix of avenger steve and rescue steve. Looks good for a captain america general head but I don't think it looks like evans except at certain angles.

I think it's a mix of avenger steve and rescue steve. Looks good for a captain america general head but I don't think it looks like evans except at certain angles.

I agree, it's not that bad though. Certainly better until stealth version comes along I think.

Not bad from the side.

I agree, it's not that bad though. Certainly better until stealth version comes along I think.

Not bad from the side.

Yup! Best head out there till 2pack steve comes out. The recast for that will be the one to get.

Yeah i would imagine they will (A) be everywhere and (B) be out before the actual HT figure, if what's been happening lately is anything to go by.

The two pack is going to be the definitive Cap set for quite a while I think man. Also the parts from it will rejuvenate all the previous releases. At last we will have decent sculpts to go on our figures. Once the knock offs hit ebay I'd like to bet we will get helmeted versions (TFA, Avengers, this) of the new sculpts as well.
:rock

Exactly. Be interesting to see what some of our resident mod experts on here can come up with using those new parts. I look forward to seeing that :)

Ok fellas, had some time tonight so i stripped cap down, here are some shots of the body/thighs and inside the clothing.

just a heads up there is nothing massively irreversible here, the only irreversible part is when taking the top away, the waist(striped area) inside has a small stitch which attatches to the underpants, once cut this doesn't create stray threads or ruin the striped area. The small stitches are very reminiscent of the man of steel stitches on his cape.

the pants have no inner lining(padding), cap does have those bits to make his thighs fatter.

The body had this weird plastic second torso which gives him huge traps (which is what i believe assits in him having no neck).
This is glued down btw and at quick pull takes some pulling to remove

There is no other padding except his weirdly looking french knickers lol and a band of padding around his midsection (which to me doesnt need to be there as the striped section is thick enough.

inside the jacket there is a thin layer of padding on the shoulders and front section (although this is not that thick), i don't believe there is any inside the arms themselves.

I hope these help you guys and rory to see if you can do anything to the suit :duff:

I am currently in the process of doing a body swap and foot peg swap as the pegs are HUGE. ( i have a mgs3 snake body lying around as im building a custom will post updates soon)

DSC_0142.JPG

DSC_0144.JPG

DSC_0145.JPG

DSC_0149.JPG

DSC_0150.JPG

DSC_0151.JPG

Those are extremely helpful SV. I picked up another TFA for bits . I was thinking the old TFA cap body would be good, since it has the ronded shoulders and the fact it is a smaller body. Much easier to add lenth than to take it off I say. :lol

But this is a good start to seeing why the figure was so "poofy up top"

Ok fellas, had some time tonight so i stripped cap down, here are some shots of the body/thighs and inside the clothing.

just a heads up there is nothing massively irreversible here, the only irreversible part is when taking the top away, the waist(striped area) inside has a small stitch which attatches to the underpants, once cut this doesn't create stray threads or ruin the striped area. The small stitches are very reminiscent of the man of steel stitches on his cape.

the pants have no inner lining(padding), cap does have those bits to make his thighs fatter.

The body had this weird plastic second torso which gives him huge traps (which is what i believe assits in him having no neck).
This is glued down btw and at quick pull takes some pulling to remove

There is no other padding except his weirdly looking french knickers lol and a band of padding around his midsection (which to me doesnt need to be there as the striped section is thick enough.

inside the jacket there is a thin layer of padding on the shoulders and front section (although this is not that thick), i don't believe there is any inside the arms themselves.

I hope these help you guys and rory to see if you can do anything to the suit :duff:

I am currently in the process of doing a body swap and foot peg swap as the pegs are HUGE. ( i have a mgs3 snake body lying around as im building a custom will post updates soon)

View attachment 116889

View attachment 116890

View attachment 116892

View attachment 116893

View attachment 116894

View attachment 116895
Brilliant! Thanks for posting Stealth. That looks workable. :rock

Back