1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I thought at first, that he may be too tall.
but I think Thor is the same height as MOS, and with the pics of Thor next to GA cap, they look almost the same height.
The MOS I think looked good with the long foot pegs cause the proportions look good, but this might be the case where
it may benefit using smaller foot pegs if used with Cap body swap.

Thor is much shorter than MOS. It was mentioned somewhere in the forums.

Thor is much shorter than MOS. It was mentioned somewhere in the forums.

Really? I had the Thor Light armor convert yesterday. Wanted to do some sort of a match in heaven kind of a display along with MOS. I somehow thought the height was the same.

Really? I had the Thor Light armor convert yesterday. Wanted to do some sort of a match in heaven kind of a display along with MOS. I somehow thought the height was the same.

Well I think so, I might be mistaken. It could have been a review but I think Thor is not as tall as MOS.

It's proportions are fantastic, but it's very big though isn't it?

That's what I thought at first, that he may be too tall.

The previous "biggest body" before the MOS one was the TTM20. I put a MOS suit on one, in a bid to bet a more normal height MOS figure to display next to other HT ones.
This pic is only to show the relative height difference, but the one on the left is a TTM20, and the one on the right is the MOS obviously.
I can only imaging that a MOS body in the GA suit would look massive, and the midsection extension might cause a midriff showing, lol.
But... If someone were to take a TTM20 and a MOS body and put the TTM20 midsection on the MOS body... That might solve the problem.
Great proportion, but half an inch shorter.

C3B0D89E-4877-4749-B0A5-83F0D687E5A3.jpg

For what its worth, people Have a right to there opinion, nothing wrong with it but when you start attacking somebody personally, especially just words its wrong. We all can agree to disagree. I know its of no repute but I have been on OSW for almost a decade and very very rarely do you see people going off on people for stating there opinions. People just manage to respect each other, because a lot of those guys find it there escape and there way of managing issues at home or in life in general thru expressive creative talent. I didn't know any one person on here directly or indirectly owned the threads they produced. No one should use the leverage of knowing a mod or admin person to justify their Soap boxes and that goes for all of us. This is a community and from time to time your just gonna have people butting heads.

If i can offer a white flag in-between a fight of words. WE CAN ALL GET ALONG ALOT BETTER IF WE ALL START TALKING ABOUT WHAT WE ARE FOR INSTEAD OF WHAT WE ARE AGAINST. THATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A REBEL AND REVOLUTIONARY. Clipper has his point Rory has his and it is noted that each and every one is intitled to it. Rory is a great artist with a lot of skill and he express's it in what he enjoys doing by visually creating some pretty darn good examples of his work. On the same hand Clipper express's his ability to review a figure and that in and of itself is artistic expression because i gotta be truthful, with him aside from being a bit profane at times, he actually is amazingly honest from a collectors standpoint along with his reviews on youtube.

I do see him taking it more seriously than most, no disrespect to the other guys out there, and i do not know clipper all that well. But for what it is worth I thought I would express that. YOU ALL ARE A GREAT GUYS AND GAL'S WITH A LOT TO OFFER THIS community so lets KEEP IT REAL. Its really, really sad to see you all going at it like this, this is an Escape for us we all got way to much crap on the outside world to just go off on each other over petty and tiny frivolous issues that pertain more to Ego's and bouncy balls than getting along.

Anyways all the best I love this community bless all you guys!!!!!

Last edited:
Keep in mind the TTM20 on the left is also on long pegs! And when you think about how huge the Arnie body type is, you will know the MOS is monstrously big.

Yeah, you're probably right. He's gonna be too tall.
Sucks cause it looks like the body would have been great substitute if it wasnt for the height.

Well, this thread escalated quickly. :lol

On topic, nice job modding Stealth.

Why in the actual **** is HT adding a set of ta-tas' to this Cap'n torso? :cuckoo: That helps explain why it's proportions are horrible.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain Ame...

that head has a sliding neck joint inside which has to be put on the ball joint first then slide it into the head socket for what its worth rory

I picked up one of these heads, anyone have one? What is it a boot of? Its a mix of a couple of other heads right?

Despite the low score buzzing to get this now, even more so than Thor, hopefully won't be waiting till August for Sideshow to ship him

I agree with everything you said! It looked great in that video and I can't wait to get it. I agree with a lot of what he said but I'm still excited. I hope we don't have to wait till the beginning of august :(

I agree with everything you said! It looked great in that video and I can't wait to get it. I agree with a lot of what he said but I'm still excited. I hope we don't have to wait till the beginning of august :(

Who said August, I'm hoping we get this in the first half of July :pray:

Ok fellas, had some time tonight so i stripped cap down, here are some shots of the body/thighs and inside the clothing.

just a heads up there is nothing massively irreversible here, the only irreversible part is when taking the top away, the waist(striped area) inside has a small stitch which attatches to the underpants, once cut this doesn't create stray threads or ruin the striped area. The small stitches are very reminiscent of the man of steel stitches on his cape.

the pants have no inner lining(padding), cap does have those bits to make his thighs fatter.

The body had this weird plastic second torso which gives him huge traps (which is what i believe assits in him having no neck).
This is glued down btw and at quick pull takes some pulling to remove

There is no other padding except his weirdly looking french knickers lol and a band of padding around his midsection (which to me doesnt need to be there as the striped section is thick enough.

inside the jacket there is a thin layer of padding on the shoulders and front section (although this is not that thick), i don't believe there is any inside the arms themselves.

View attachment 116889

Woah, that's extremely useful! Many thanks :clap
I'm still on the fence... I want TWS version but waaay too pricey for what it is :monkey2

Back