1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok fellas, had some time tonight so i stripped cap down, here are some shots of the body/thighs and inside the clothing.

just a heads up there is nothing massively irreversible here, the only irreversible part is when taking the top away, the waist(striped area) inside has a small stitch which attatches to the underpants, once cut this doesn't create stray threads or ruin the striped area. The small stitches are very reminiscent of the man of steel stitches on his cape.

the pants have no inner lining(padding), cap does have those bits to make his thighs fatter.

The body had this weird plastic second torso which gives him huge traps (which is what i believe assits in him having no neck).
This is glued down btw and at quick pull takes some pulling to remove

There is no other padding except his weirdly looking french knickers lol and a band of padding around his midsection (which to me doesnt need to be there as the striped section is thick enough.

inside the jacket there is a thin layer of padding on the shoulders and front section (although this is not that thick), i don't believe there is any inside the arms themselves.

I hope these help you guys and rory to see if you can do anything to the suit :duff:

I am currently in the process of doing a body swap and foot peg swap as the pegs are HUGE. ( i have a mgs3 snake body lying around as im building a custom will post updates soon)

View attachment 116889

View attachment 116890

View attachment 116892

View attachment 116893

View attachment 116894

View attachment 116895

Big thanks to you for doing that to show everyone! I don't have your courage to do that, lol.. Many thanks, again!

When the two-pack arrives I'm planning on giving civilian Steve my TFA Cap suit. Hopefully it'll fit. Then I'll have the perfect Golden Age uniform Cap and the perfect Stealth uniform Cap, and I'm pretty sure that's all I'll ever need.

Just getting to this now and I have a lot of catching up to do, but I'm getting the gist of the disappoint with the figure. I don't know all of the issues yet but if the main is the funky proportions it may have everything to do with the suit. That's the same exact body that they used for Avengers Cap

Ok, just put everything back onto the new body. its has made a difference, atleast to me it has, the shorter pegs help with the proportions as his torso seems in the correct scale of his legs now.

The sculpt is still a bit pap lol newt new there i'll be doing what most are and thats putting a stealth suit civ head on mine but for now he display fine.

Some pics to see what a body change does. Without that torso section he seems to now have a more natural shoulder slope aswell

DSC_0152.JPG

DSC_0153.JPG

DSC_0154.JPG

enjoy guys glad i was able to help this time around :duff: enjoy the figure for what it is, or spend a little time and do a body swap and maybe mod the jacket.

Last edited:
Ok, just put everything back onto the new body. its has made a difference, atleast to me it has, the shorter pegs help with the proportions as his torso seems in the correct scale of his legs now.

The sculpt is still a bit pap lol newt new there i'll be doing what most are and thats putting a stealth suit civ head on mine but for now he display fine.

Some pics to see what a body change does. Without that torso section he seems to now have a more natural shoulder slope aswell

View attachment 116903

View attachment 116904

View attachment 116905

enjoy guys glad i was able to help this time around :duff: enjoy the figure for what it is, or spend a little time and do a body swap and maybe mod the jacket.

Your pictures look so great!! Going to be a very long month waiting for this

View attachment 116903

View attachment 116904

View attachment 116905

He looks so much better. Thanks for tips.

Yes it does. I see a neck, which helps tremendously. So body swap appears #1 on the list.

The top of the suit, you can really see the padding on the chest still stitched around the pecs. That body with the large pec top frame was definitely the culprit to the billowing since it was already padded.

Hey Stealth, which body is that you're using in the swap? Does look way better. Those traps definitely seemed to contribute to the billowy-ness.

The body is hot toys naked snake body. i had it lying around as im building a custom big boss so though i'd see what it was like. I now like it so much for cap i need to source another body for snake lol

Thanks HeatNation for your kind words mate , I try to cover everything id want to know as a viewer and I guess they do get kinda long but hey its that are do multiple parts . anyway did ya check out the review on the nba figures including lebron id love to know your thoughts pal
So many epic quotes in that vid and great to see the figure in real lighting. Amazing work, VERY informative, helps understand whats beneath the suit improvement-wise and honest review. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HOW IS THIS THE FIRST ONE OF YOUR REVIEW VIDS I'VE SEEN POSTED HERE. Nice work.

View attachment 116903

View attachment 116904

View attachment 116905

Great stuff mate! Looks much much better. :rock

Thanks for the insight Stealth.

View attachment 116903

View attachment 116904

View attachment 116905

View attachment 116903

View attachment 116904

View attachment 116905

This looks a lot better.

I wonder if this would look good on a HT Man of Steel body since that body is tall and has great muscular proportions.

That is a good question. I wonder if the Cap sculpt would be to small for that body. Since it is massive .

It's proportions are fantastic, but it's very big though isn't it?

That's what I thought at first, that he may be too tall.
but I think Thor is the same height as MOS, and with the pics of Thor next to GA cap, they look almost the same height.
The MOS I think looked good with the long foot pegs cause the proportions look good, but this might be the case where
it may benefit using smaller foot pegs if used with the Cap body swap.

Back