1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_m3jp3lKChF1qaybgdo4_250.gif

tumblr_m4yj45e4tt1qgp93bo1_500.jpg

Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist that made the "sacrifice play" because Cap inspired him to. :lecture

If stupid Thor had just followed Cap's instructions and kept frying every Chitauri and Leviathan that came through the portal the whole invasion would have been shut down very quickly.

Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist that made the "sacrifice play" because Cap inspired him to. :lecture

Steve Rogers: I know guys with none of that worth ten of you. I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you.

Tony Stark: I think I would just cut the wire.
:lecture

Steve Rogers: I know guys with none of that worth ten of you. I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you.

Tony Stark: I think I would just cut the wire.
:lecture

So would Cap actually. That was a dumb line. You don't lay down on wires you lay down on grenades (which Cap obviously did.) Whedon just made Cap stupidly say wire to set Stark up with a clever comeback. Not cool Joss. :nono

I actually never liked Cap (or Superman) because he was too boring and had too many morals. I like more flaws in my super heroes.

If stupid Thor had just followed Cap's instructions and kept frying every Chitauri and Leviathan that came through the portal the whole invasion would have been shut down very quickly.

Thank god, some people didn't notice that

Cap is and will always be THE hero, he is the Superman of Marvel. I know some people might not like them because they are too perfect but thats why I love them I can't admire a normal human being :lol

Last edited:
So would Cap actually. That was a dumb line. You don't lay down on wires you lay down on grenades (which Cap obviously did.) Whedon just made Cap stupidly say wire to set Stark up with a clever comeback. Not cool Joss. :nono

"Lay on wire" refers to barbed wire, as in rolls of it used as battlefield obstacles. And when in a hell of a rush without the proper equipment or time to cut it all apart having someone dive on top of it and the rest crawl over them is not an unknown tactic, probably more common than diving on grenades.

Back