Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Christmas time bro ............. even couriers have gone full retard. Apparently my package (Thriller and Wolverine) are on their way to a different Province. :dunno

For ???? sakes! :mad:

UGH.. I seriously have THE.. WORST.. POST OFFICE.. EVER!

Check it out:

The mail came yesterday at like 3:30pm. And when I checked USPS it kept saying the same thing:

Processed through Sort Facility, December 22, 2009, 1:01 pm, RICHMOND, CA 94804
Processed through Sort Facility, December 19, 2009, 4:47 pm, BELL, CA 90201
Electronic Shipping Info Received, December 18, 2009

So like at 7:00pm or so (right before I posted on here about it) I checked USPS and that's when I saw this:

Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was delivered at 4:51 PM on December 23, 2009 in SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94110.

Detailed Results:
Delivered, December 23, 2009, 4:51 pm, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94110
Acceptance, December 23, 2009, 4:51 pm, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94110
Processed through Sort Facility, December 22, 2009, 1:01 pm, RICHMOND, CA 94804
Processed through Sort Facility, December 19, 2009, 4:47 pm, BELL, CA 90201
Electronic Shipping Info Received, December 18, 2009

WTF!? No one came to my door. No one got my signature. No one contacted me. I called USPS and of course.. no answer. So I asked my Wifey to go check the mail for me. When she opened the box she found a pink slip. She brings it up stairs (I live 3 flights up!) and shows it to me. It says "it's down below".

:banghead:banghead:banghead

Underneath our mail boxes there's like a space for the apartment meters. It's enclosed with doors with no locks. Real talk, I don't live in the best neighborhood. And we've had problems in the past with people stealing ish that UPS/USPS have left outside. So I get on my shoes and go downstairs and sure enough, my DX Joker + a package for my mom is underneath near the meters! :duh

All you have to do is walk up two flights of stairs to reach my front door (the third flight of stairs are actually in our apartment) so seriously, how F'n lazy is that!? Instead of simply walking up to my door that son-of-a-????? just put the boxes underneath for anyone to take them and then wrote that stupid little note and dropped it in my mailbox. Idiot.

:monkey3

Anyways.. I got it and thankfully everything was fine. No paint rubs.. no broken pieces.. everything looked good. I spent damn near 4 or 5 hours tranfering all the Clown stuff over to a regular TT (took apart my BR Joker) and then putting all the Cop stuff on the Narrow TT.

I'll snap up some pics later.

:lol:lol:lol

That sucks that it's not there yet man. I'll be ordering my 2nd one within the next couple of days and a 2nd harvey dent to follow it up. I took a few close up pictures to detail the sculpt:
joker3.jpg

joker2.jpg

joker1.jpg

I can't believe the tremendous amount of detail in the paint application on this figure. Just overall an incredible piece of work.

I do have one concern though. on mine there appears to be a very tiny line going up the left nostril, more precise than the rest of the paint apps. In person it appears to be a slight crack line in the paint. Should I be concerned? Does anyone else have this on theres? Sideshows opinion.
joker1-1.jpg

Anyways.. I got it and thankfully everything was fine. No paint rubs.. no broken pieces.. everything looked good. I spent damn near 4 or 5 hours tranfering all the Clown stuff over to a regular TT (took apart my BR Joker) and then putting all the Cop stuff on the Narrow TT.

Well thank God nobody was smart enough to steal. :lol My package still says the same thing 8 days later. Unlike you though, I have an awesome mail carrier so once he gets a hold of it, all is good.

Oh well, it looks like maybe sometime next week then. I swear USPS and Canada Post do this ???? on purpose.

im sorry, but i never find anyone creeping around thinking "I am gonna steal a joker today. Who needs money or credit cards when i can have PERS." im kidding of course, glad you found it safe and sound. Merry early Christmas!

that's good. glad you got yours in good condition. take good pix and remember to have a super happy fun merry Christmas!!!:banana:D:lol

Well thank God nobody was smart enough to steal. :lol My package still says the same thing 8 days later. Unlike you though, I have an awesome mail carrier so once he gets a hold of it, all is good.

Oh well, it looks like maybe sometime next week then. I swear USPS and Canada Post do this ???? on purpose.

I feel your pain. :lol:lol:lol

that's good. glad you got yours in good condition. take good pix and remember to have a super happy fun merry Christmas!!!

You too bro! Melly Chlistmas! :monkey3

:D

im sorry, but i never find anyone creeping around thinking "I am gonna steal a joker today. Who needs money or credit cards when i can have PERS." im kidding of course, glad you found it safe and sound. Merry early Christmas!

:lol:lol:lol It really has nothing to do with what's actually inside the package. Seriously, people will steal anything if it's possible around here. I mean we've had stupid stuff like bath mats stolen before because USPS/UPS left the packages outside in the open. Kinda pathetic. Anyways.. Merry Christmas to you too!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYBODY IN HERE!!!

Back