Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my mms dx joker today. (hello everyone) Really nice figure. I have a few issues though. Here is my miniature review:

The good things:
The way the coat fits is much better than the previous one. I really like how it hangs on the figure. The pants also fit very nicely. The PERS system was really nothing to be worried about like before. The Cop is just AMAZING. Probably the best thing about this figure. The clothes fit really nice on the secondary body. The outfit is crisp and clean it makes for a very impressive display. The pics dont do it justice. The base is great too. It's like a flash light! The rifle and the weapons are all nice. I love the spare hands too. So many different poses you can do and it's nice they gave you the spare pegs this time around. The chain is a lot longer which is a good thing as well. The magnet on the back of the head is strong too.

The negatives:
It's pretty obnoxious trying to put together the cop. Not going to lie about that. Same with the grenade rig. I ended up breaking one of the grenades off the loop within a few minutes of attemptin to string it up and also breaking a bobby pin. I'm just displaying it without it. It's a nice feature conceptually but too complicated and I'm just too fat fingered to mess with it. It was frustrating. The other problem is the collar and the way it sticks out. It also bothers me there appears to be a small crack in the paint running up from his left nostril. Finally, the blazer is grey instead of the proper blue.

Those issues aside if you havent already got this figure (most of you have) I recommend it!

Ta-daa

PICT0140.jpg

great display deckard.! Where abouts can i pick one of these guys up for a good price. I'm in Canada and it wont let me buy from amazon.com. Any other places out there where i can get it for $165.

there is still a slim chance i might get mine today if the posty gets a move on, it arrived at the delivery depot this morning after 5 days in customs. my fingers are crossed!

I'm late to the show, but I recieved mine from Breakersrevenge late last week. Here are a few photo's.

DXjoker001.jpg

DXjoker002.jpg

DXjoker003.jpg

Great case Decard man, looks sharp! Cool shots ^
I know this has been discussed a gazillion times, but i've never really taken notice, and 194 pages is alot to search through. Are there any decent 1/6th tables and chairs around for sale? Or are the ones we've seen before custom made? I want to get some interogation room shots happening when my dx bats arrives

That was the dumbest line in TDK along with "Things are worse den ever!" in the scene where Harvey Dent is at a press confrence where he lied and said "I am the Batman"

Stupid stupid dialogue.

i thought the dumbest was
Harvey:RACHEL RACHEL!!!!!!!! RACHEL!!!!!!!!
Rachel: Somewhere

I'm getting my tickets in advance for that one. I think Joker shot Santa's sleigh and he crashed into the side of the building in that poster. :lol

NO! in that scene he tried the whole "HIT ME!!!!!" thing with santa. same outcome as bats. except, he's using a candycane and rudolph saves him, not gordon

My DX Joker arrived yesterday and I did a quick pose and put him by my other Hot Toys Joker.
Talk about night and day differences. The DX is a dead on likeness to Mr. Ledgers on screen counter part. What an amazing sculpt. The PER system really helps to bring the figure to life as well.
I wonder how different the DX Batman will from the original DK version?
If it is like this I will certainly have to pick one up.

Rooted around in the box just a bit. I have to say, as a graphic designer i've done some packaging in my day, but Hot Toys is on the top of their game with this. don't even want to take it out of the box its packaged so well! No paint problems here, everything looks fine, although i did get the detached nameplate problem. No biggie, some super glue will fix it. Seems like they put it in the box before the glue is dry and it just can't handle the pressure and temp changes of being on a plane. Ohs wells.

Back