Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
177.jpg

Does anyone else have the same problem? That stupid cop hat won't fit at all! He looks like a dumbass! please help!
picture.php

Did anyone have any defective Joker DXs when they first came out on market like the Batman DX?

Ok, I've been looking at other people's pics for too long, LOL. So I did a little photo shoot today. The last 2 pics are how I have these displayed in their case...

DSCN7637.jpg

DSCN7638.jpg

DSCN7639.jpg

DSCN7640.jpg

DSCN7642.jpg

DSCN7646.jpg

DSCN7647.jpg

Ok, I've been looking at other people's pics for too long, LOL. So I did a little photo shoot today. The last 2 pics are how I have these displayed in their case...

DSCN7637.jpg

DSCN7638.jpg

DSCN7639.jpg

DSCN7640.jpg

DSCN7642.jpg

DSCN7646.jpg

DSCN7647.jpg

Im loving your pictures .. nice thanks for showing .. !!! it does help other people .. !!!

You wouldn't be allowed to have a gun that realistic in my country. Even kids toys if there not in a different scale have to be painted blue and orange or something now. All airsoft guns are clear plastic now so you can see inside and see it's not a real gun. Occasionally you can get dodgey ones from markets but good look finding the exact gun the Joker uses. :rolleyes:

I can't remember, do BBTS mark as gift? and what's the USD value they put down?...

£30 is the limit to get past customs is it not?... or is it one of those numbers on the boundary thats a hit or a miss at £30?...

it was printed as a gift, but with a value of $165 USD. Seeing as it was clearly marked as being from BBTS, I'm pretty sure they could figure out it wasn't a 'gift' lol

Nice pics and display hecubus. ;)

Here's mine in "Hit Me" pose.

aajok1.jpg

I just unpacked this Guy, needs body swap out, futzing, etc. much work to do. :blackbat

Joining the party with my Xmas Gift. Just out of the box , but here's a couple "Hit Me!" Posed shots. Much work to do with this, futzing, swapping bodies to Cop, etc.

aajok.jpg

aajok1.jpg

I now have a small army of Jokers.

DSC02528.jpg

DX Joker: Jokers what is your profession?!
The Jokers: Hit Me Hit Me Hit Me!

Hello everybody!

I am new to this thread.

I had been involved in the DX Joker discussion since I pre-ordered it on April 1st, but I was apparently in the wrong forum (toy news international... https://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2061858&st=25)

by the time I got my DX Joker a couple weeks ago from BBTS no one was on that forum anymore!

Where was everybody!!!!!!!

It looks like they were all HERE!

So I am glad to join a new party! (Although a bit late.)

I have been reading the last 300 or so pages over the last couple days so I wouldn't be redundant in my post, but here are my first 2 cents:

I would like to share what I did for attaching the badge to the Cop Joker.

I tried to fasten it with the ribbon on the jacket but it was so tight I couldn't get it past the first row of metals. Also the ribbon would cover up some of the medals. In one of the reviews at MWCtoys (in the "Articulation" section) he suggests gluing something on to the back of the badge so he could clip it onto the ribbon like a pen, but I didn't like the idea of making a permanent modification to this high end of a collectible, seeing as I only bought one of them.

And then it came to me! I would use a "twisty tie"!

You know, like the ones that you use to keep bread bags closed.

What you do is:

1) Burn off the paper covering. This leaves you with the bendy wire. And the flame turns the metal from silver to gray/black.
2) Wash off the wire with soap to insure that the black color is not soot that will rub off on the figures clothes.
3) Wrap it around the badge.
4) Make a bend that can fit over the ribbon.
5) Cut it to size
6) Clip it on the ribbon.

Here is what it looks like:
P1050448.jpg

P1050460.jpg

If the metal looks to noticeable for you, you could easily brush on a little matte black paint... I may do this.

I think it looks great and it's not permanently modifying the accessory.

Give it a try!

More pics later.

That's nice Maglor, but the Badge is meant to go behind the black strip, the black, I could be wrong, is meant to be a sign of respect for the dead. You see sports teams and other groups wear similar things on their uniforms when someone in the group has passed.

Back