Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol it's really easy to do, I'd do it for free, but also can just post a tutorial if you like, all you need is second glue, and the gun holding right hand! thing with doing this for others is the fear of somehow screwing your hand up.. but if you don't mind taking the risk, I'd do it free of charge, all I'd charge is the shipping cost :)

what head do you have on the bank robber joker eczamurai? looks interesting

k028lv.jpg

I think it's a cast of one of Howes sculpts, with a very lackluster paintjob, some mexican guy gave it to me for free after a little ebay trouble, he didnt ship my BR head back then, waited a month, and then he sended me this one AND the BR confessing he had not shipped it yet, I dont like it, but since Small Studios has hold of my HT heads, I guess this is the ONLY time he'll ever be on the shelve lol!

That looks great man, nice job with the hand, it's gunna be sick with the retouched blazer and SS head! Also interested to see that BR head next to it, with the crazy hair, looks pretty cool.

That pose looks great! Im trying to remember if the string was still on the hand he is holding the card with, cause when he puts the card down and makes that noise as he is leaving its still there.

Otherwise that looks really nice, cant wait to see your smallstudios repaint. I love mine.

That pose looks great! Im trying to remember if the string was still on the hand he is holding the card with, cause when he puts the card down and makes that noise as he is leaving its still there.

Otherwise that looks really nice, cant wait to see your smallstudios repaint. I love mine.

If you mean in the film then yeah, he's still holding the string when he pulls out the card. But i'd imagine it was easier to put it on the other hand for the figure. Would probably be a bit tricky with the resculpted hand. Great looking pose though. Love it.

If you mean in the film then yeah, he's still holding the string when he pulls out the card. But i'd imagine it was easier to put it on the other hand for the figure. Would probably be a bit tricky with the resculpted hand. Great looking pose though. Love it.

You know, I watched the scene and I'm not sure, I think he does shift the string to his jacket holding hand while getting out the card (I think I can see the string just barely in frame, and then after putting down the card he moves his right hand over to his left hand and looks like he's shifting the string back).

/nerd

Nice job on the crouch pose eczamurai.

SS = Small Studios

SS = Sideshow

Kind of confusing in a Sideshow Forum.:confused:

:D

30icnx1.jpg

just to show WHY i posed like this, appearantly he did on the promo shots, can't see it in the film, SO i am going for the promo's, but it does look good in the other hand, and the cord reaches far enough, so it's all about preferences.

Working on the turorial as I type.

It's the same in the film.

tdk0570.jpg

He switches the grenade rig ring to his left hand (also holding the coat) before he digs into his pocket and pulls out the Joker card. Then he re-grabs it with his right hand and puts it back around his thumb after he lays the card on the table.

Last edited:
Well spank my a$$ and call me charlie. Haha. I never noticed that. My hat goes off to you. I thought he just kept the string in the same hand as he pulled out the card. Good eye. lol. :)

f0tao1.jpg

making card hand!

29vewyw.jpg

as shown in the pic above, it's basically a standard right hand machine gun holding hand, DX has this, I used BR's one. Shouldnt matter.

Now, as I already MADE this hand before doing this turorial, and because of the simple nature of seconds glue... I CANT take progress
pics, so I FAKED THEM lol.

anyways: Requirements: Gun holding right hand. Second glue (not super glue, SECONDS glue, cant stress this enough!)

STEP 1:

heat the hand, and put pressure on the fingers towards his palm, this takes some pressure, and it has to, because heating it makes his fingers/hand
more flexible, making it easier to glue in place later on! Press his fingers closely on his palm (you could glue it, but I didnt) as shown in pic below

15nujdl.jpg

STEP 2:

when they keep the place where you want them (in my opinion, closer to the palm) Glue his POINTING finger on the MIDDLE finger as shown in this pic:

2mf14w9.jpg

as you can see I made the top of the pointing finger stand out a bit, like in the promo's, as said before USE SECONDS GLUE!
SUPER GLUE WONT HOLD and it will not work (i tried it before using super glue, held for a day and then FAIL)

STEP 3:

use seconds glue to glue the top of the thumb to the middle finger as shown, leaving a VERY small distance between thumb/pointing finger as shown in pic below

sb3e6d.jpg

this space will allow the card to be put between the finger and thumb, My card fell out his hand the other day, and I lost it.. So you might want to glue it stuck?
as shown in pic below the card is between the pointing finger and thumb

rbjew5.jpg

FINISHED.

96f394.jpg

if you feel like this is beyond you, I might be able to do it for you.. on your own risk! I wont take responsibility if I somehow mess up lol! Don't know if I'd ask money for it, PM me first I guess..

HOPE IT HELPS!

JEROEN

Back