Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks Edward! I was pretty pissed because of DX Joker.. I mean, NO right hand card hand?........ So I looked at the existing right hands and just found out that the gun hand would be a pretty easy and convincing mod! Looks stellar in hand, and just works great!

IF you can pull it off that is lol.

sorry for the lack of a better word for seconds glue.. but the "super glue" here in the Netherlands wasnt strong enough.. I used "seconden lijm" which translates directly to seconds glue lol.. dries up in mere seconds, dont get your fingers stuck, because getting them lose can be a _____ lol!

Looks great!

And good job showing where the string was during that scene too. I honestly never knew / saw him switch it to that hand. I stand corrected.

Very impressive eczamurai!

I think the difference in glove color would drive me nuts! And I'm not crazy about the idea of painting them myself.

Her are some DX gun hands, [both left and right] (which would be the right color) on Ebay:

$11 shipped. 4 Available!
https://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-HOT-TOYS-BATMAN-THE-DARK-KNIGHT-JOKER-DX01-HAND-2_W0QQitemZ200413575435QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea994790b

$12 shipped. 3 available.
https://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-1-6-Joker-Dark-Knight-DX-2x-Hands-3-HT004J_W0QQitemZ330390911378QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cecd53992

$14 shipped. 2 available.
https://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-Hottoys-The-Joker-DX-Glove-Hands-C-a-b-c_W0QQitemZ320453852650QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9c89bdea

Or if you want to try an auction, here is one with all 7 hands.
It's at $9.75 shipped right now:
https://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-DARK-KNIGHT-DX-01-DX-JOKER-GLOVED-HAND-X-7-1-6_W0QQitemZ270511683319QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efbc0b6f7

Hope that helps someone! Don't know if I'm gonna try or not.

Not sure if we have an equivalent of "Seconds Glue" here in the US...

Perhaps Crazy Glue, but I think that is essentially the same as Super Glue.

watermark.php

well. Like I said before, I could do it for you :)

Also, I test-repainted one of my V1 hands to look more accurate to the ones on display! I think I nailed the color, looks tremendous in person!
Definatly going to paint all my hands this color!

this is what I was going for:
Heath%2BLedger%2BDark%2BKnight%2BJoker%2Bcostume.jpg

result with flash, mine are on the right, DX on the left:
24wzp0i.jpg

without Flash:
2wf1t94.jpg

zwj2ph.jpg

Last edited:
again, left is DX, right is MINE

w8sr48.jpg

29masjt.jpg

2colc14.jpg

2eyi2rd.jpg

hope you like it, cant wait for your paint job on the glazer Blakus! It'll make this figure so much more vivid in color! :D
let me know when you get the blazer in alright?

pics aren't showing, and I know they didn't appear like that on film, but still prefer the lighter color, makes his hands stand out more, but as with everything it's all about preferences :)

also, with the lighting used in the film, it's hard to tell the actual color of the used gloves IMO..

I like the color of the DX gloves.

But I also like the color of the jacket and overcoat liner.

Although I do like to play around with screen accuracy, I think the biggest concern should be the overall visual appeal of the piece and I like the color palate that Hot Toys has given us across the board.

I have no complaints in that department!

I've got two things to say.

1. samurai, your lighter gloves look alot cooler to me than the standard ones.

2.the trenchcoat red liner doesn't bother me at all, and although it isn't accurate, it still looks sweet. I think orange is kind of weird.

The only problem is, the gloves were never that color in the movie.

I don´t think so:

DK-0085.jpg

You do realize that's a promotional shot, right?

tdk_0569.jpg

Same scene. Looks completely different in the movie.

also, with the lighting used in the film, it's hard to tell the actual color of the used gloves IMO..

The gloves used were the same color as the ones in the display. Difference is, in the film they were considerably dirtier. But it's irrelevant. Bottomline, the gloves are darker On-Screen. The actual color doesn't matter. This is the example I use whenever this comes up and it's always fitting.

mickeyrourke9vk9.jpg

The middle pic shows what Mickey Rourke as Marv actually looked like in Sin City. The bottom pic shows what we see on-screen in the film. Doubt you'd find anyone who'd be happy with a Marv figure sporting bright neon-pink band-aids. :lol:lol:lol

pics aren't showing, and I know they didn't appear like that on film, but still prefer the lighter color, makes his hands stand out more, but as with everything it's all about preferences :)

Oh yeah.. I mean if you like it like that, that's cool. I was just saying. :D

Back