Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the mickey rourke example isnt really fitting in this case lol, I find the Joker just a very colorfull character, and heck, the V1 color come closest to the ACTUAL screen color most the time, but the promo shots just look more vivid and cool IMO, so yeah, like I said, matter of prefference, but with Rourke, it's TOTALLY different lol!

While on the subject of gloves, I have a question about the DX gloves. Are the DX joker gloves molded in purple or are they flesh underneath and painted in purple?

I noticed the original HT version joker had the gloves that were molded in flesh tone and painted in purple. And maybe it's just me, but none of the hands really lend themselves to holding a gun, such as the guns that came with the bank robber joker. So some of the purple paint on the inside of the hand would get rubbed off because of trying to pry open the hands so that he could hold onto a the handles of the guns or because the handles simply were to big for the hand to hold, etc, etc.

They're painted. I had to pry open the right gun hand to fit the machine gun inside and saw the same thing you described. No paint rub off, but you can see the flesh tone and what not.

anyway, based on these pic's the DX's coat should be alot darker, and his gloves practically black, but we don't want that, because he's the Joker.. Just wanted to make myself clear about the color thing lol

darkknight%20joker.JPG

3.jpg

anyway, based on these pic's the DX's coat should be alot darker, and his gloves practically black, but we don't want that, because he's the Joker.. Just wanted to make myself clear about the color thing lol

darkknight%20joker.JPG

3.jpg

It's clear.. but again, in the pics you just posted the coat is clearly purple and the gloves are also, clearly purple. Just considerably darker than your repainted gloves. Fact remains, on-screen the gloves aren't as bright as your repainted gloves. You can post pics for days but they'll never match.

If that's your personal preference, like I said that's cool. But it's not screen accurate. And that was my original point.

Back