Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh, well kind of new..picked the DX Joker up on Dec 27th i think it was, from a LCS.

I still think the packaging is really something for this. The way it opens in 3 drawers in a way. Like it was some fancy collectors DVD extended edition set or something. I think it looks better with the figures inside. It just has that posh quality to it. :D

i totally agree, probally the best 1/6th packaging presentation yet/ever.

Didn't anyone like my Pic? :monkey2 :lol

DARK "NIGHT" JOKER

Wanted to see this Guy lit up at Night and snapped a few for fun. He does look pretty spooky with only his whiteface light up, sort of floating in space. Here's a pic that kind of captures that. It's reminicent of Nolan's Photography evoking that imagery in the Interrogation Room with Gordon.

adnj.jpg

Checkout pics of my DX Joker. I made some custom money for him to burn, throw or whatever he feels like doing with his HALF..... Let me know what you think!

DSC_8795_2.jpg
DSC_8795_2.jpg
DSC_8777_2.jpg

I used a regular TT for Cop Joker, looks the best this way.

2rgdhg0.jpg

I'm sorry dude, I just can't comprehend how you can think that looks better than the Narrow shoulder figure that Hot Toys chose to go with this figure.

His shoulders look ridiculously bulky in your picture (and others you have shown before). Heath ledger did have broad shoulders, but that is referring to his natural bone structure. The Standard TT looks like TO MUCH MUSCLE!!! Heath did not do gymnastics for 6 hours a day!!!!!:banghead

It's nice that you got to use your standard TT that you had laying around, but I truly think you should swap the bodies as (from the pics I have seen) the standard can be squeezed into the clown suit and still look natural.

Not trying to be a jerk,... I'm just sayin' :monkey3

I'm going to post a pic of mine one more time so that people can see in one post how much more natural the Cop Joker looks on a narrow shoulder TT.

P1050480.jpg

tdk_1341.jpg

tdk_1335.jpg

Bottom line is that it is a matter of personal taste. However, in terms of accuracy I think it is clear which TT is closest to the actor.

If you are trying to reproduce "fan fic" where, in your private world, Heath Ledger is a "beefcake" then by all means use the Standard TT.

...O.K. I think I got that out of my system...

I will be quiet now.:cool:

Last edited:
nice show .. there is more batman stuff in the back .. can you show it

This isn't really on topic, but since you asked...:angelsmil

P1050786.jpg

My Homage to Batman Returns

P1050785.jpg

My favorite statue/bust:

P1050789.jpg

Other Batman stuff I currently have on display in that room...

P1050787.jpg

P1050788.jpg

Enjoy!

Really enjoying this figure...

dxj8.jpg

dxj6.jpg

dxj9.jpg

dxj7.jpg

dxj5.jpg

inspired by:
dxj5ref.jpg

Comparing the two, what jumps out to me the most, are the difference in hair and the thickness of the coat. Still, a wonderful likeness all things considered.

Yeh, the hair is the only thing HT have never quite hit spot on. Difficult to do, but it needed to flair out more and be a bit thicker.

Great shots man, such a sweet fig.

I don't think getting his hair closer to the movie would be difficult, it really just needs more volume, particularly on his left side. Things like the coat are bound to look bigger on the figure, there's just no way to get the right fabrics and linings and everything and have it be as flat as 1:1 scale.,

I think it would be relatively difficult to get it looking flaired, but also thin and grimy as it should.

If there were a lot of extra strands splayed out, they likey would not survive the mould, no?

Back