Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
object>

Grimlock Meets Joker

A video me and a friend made...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/X1vBSRGKKHc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/X1vBSRGKKHc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Grimlock Meets Joker

A video me and a friend made...

That was actually entertaining.
Although the fade type wipe worked well for some things, I think more basic cuts for editing some of the shots would be better. Especially for the transformation bit. Make sense?

Just a thought.

I wanted to post an update of my painted head. It is the cop head and I removed the color from the hair only so that when I add the real hair I have the color wont show through. I am painting him close to the showdown scene and want your guys honest opinions. I painted him to look like his paint has been on his face for a while and wearing off. Anyways let me know what you think.

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

Looking good so far. I assume it's still work in progress. Was the intention of the worn paint to have skin showing around the eyes? I would paint the black closer to the eyes if you can (mainly under the eyelids). The skin showing doesn't really work or at least there is too much skin showing as it is. You could paint the skin a little darker so it looks like make up has been applied but worn off. Just a thought.

Is this a spare head? zoom out when you take more pictures like 1 foot away. Really close up will make things look bad even though there really isn't anything bad on it. As if you were looking at it with your own eyes. It just creates that fish bowl effect not giving you the true view of it.

I like the way it's looking on pic 3.

For me the red across the top lip is too straight, and there's something else about it that isn't quite working for me. I'm not sure what it is, it might be that there is too much shine coming from the white paint on the forehead, or the white might be too dirty, maybe it's the heavy texturing on the chin/jaw that's created some 'pits'...I dunno, but it's lost a bit of realism and looks now like a 1/6 scale head (if that makes sense!)

thanks for the comments guys, I am not really going for 100% screen accuracy because it is quite hard to get every line right on the makeup. I wanted to do a variation of the showdown scene. I am going to lighten the red on the lips and I am going to start adding the hair today as I am pretty confident about the hair as I was shown how to do it.

I would definitely fill in the gaps around the mouth with more white, now he looks like Laurence Fishburne.

I started adding hair and all I can say is WOW. It is looking amazing. I have the back hair all on and next I am going to be adding hair to the hairline. I will have it finished tonight but I will not post pics for a while as I am a michigan man and state is playing right now.

Dude can you provide some resources or tutorial on how to add hair? I really want to modify my Cop Sculpt and then take it to my hairdresser and tell him "Dude can you give my little friend a haircut please" :D But seriousely I actually mean it :p

Dude can you provide some resources or tutorial on how to add hair? I really want to modify my Cop Sculpt and then take it to my hairdresser and tell him "Dude can you give my little friend a haircut please" :D But seriousely I actually mean it :p

haha well I was going to post an update tonight but I drank ALOT of beer tonight and there is no way I am going to finish the hair tonight on the sculpt. After I finish I am going to redye part of it to give it a darker color. I will try to post a tutorial, but I am not sure as it will take alot of time. I am very hard on my work as well as alot of others out there. I am very impressed as to how it is coming out thus far. I will finish it by tomorrow night.

Back