Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Hot Toys' news:

[FONT=tahoma, helvetica, arial]The intensive improvements include: additional suspenders, shirt and jackets in fitter cutting, screen-accurate material of purple coat, re-painted shoes, and more......[/FONT][FONT=tahoma, helvetica, arial][/FONT]

From Hot Toys' news:

they may fit then but as u posted there, with them being recut to a slimer fit, it may either look too tight or not hang well on the reg tt bods. hope they do fit tho.

sorry if i missed it, but whens this dx joker coming out??

and where have ppl preordered it from? ive seen afew on ebay that got it for preorder.

I hope they fit a normal TT, what is the use of a Two-in-One if you can't display both? I highly doubt anybody is going to take turns displaying the cop Joker and Mob Joker.

yeah i know, would be pointles i think to have clothes that would only fit th body that the cop joker is on in the box. i would think they would fit. if so then i prob would get it to go with my v1 joker then jst display both purple coat jokers and the cop joker together. then the br if i ever get that.

well in the spec it says Hot Toys True Type figure with over 35 points of articulation and nothing about slim TT unlike the michael jackson spec

Yeah but look at the specs for the TDK Batman:

Product code: MMS71
In-stock:YES
Exclusive:--

The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale BATMAN (The Dark Knight Costume)

This outstanding 1/6th scale Batman collectible, stands approximately 32 cm tall, featuring Hot Toys figure body with over 32 points of articulation and the complex and new -the Dark Knight Batman suit .

The Dark Knight Batman 12 inches collectible figure also features:

- Alternate head with authentic likeness of Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne, a new head sculpture of Bruce Wayne
- Detailed Batman Utility Belt with cell phone
- Activated Mini Mine
- Grapnel Gun
- Two small Batrangs on belt clip (removable)
- Newly developed Bat-suit with cape
- Three sets of interchangeable gloved hands, Inclusive one set of gloves hands for riding the Batpod
- Figure display base featuring THE DARK KNIGHT logo and BATMAN nameplate

Artists:
Bruce Wayne Head Sculpt by Yulli
Batman Head Sculpt by Kim Jung Mi
Head art directed by JC HONG

{Release date: Q3, 2008}

Doesn't mention the body having any modifications. But we know it wasn't a standard TT.

2964828477_7b29464e94_o.jpg

2965673304_3472ff1253_o.jpg

2964829411_520e1a0af1_o.jpg

Don't underestimate LED. My dad says LED technology and some of the samples he's shown me are small as what's in that base and will blind ya if you look too long. Not to say they'll be putting something that high powered in this, but it is possible to achieve.

Agree, LED flash on my cell phone is very bright and bline me everytime I look at it directly.

Doesn't mention the body having any modifications. But we know it wasn't a standard TT.

This is what Bale would look like auditioning for Batman Begins after his role in The Machinist. :p

Devil_666 .. That's the batman body AFTER the dude has modified it... before modification, it's still the TT BUT just with NARROWER SHOULDERS. That's all (Cos I have modified the batman and know what the body looks like)

Dude, like G'c said, it's just a standard True-Type with narrower shoulders. The body you see above (used for TDK batman) is modified. Oh and can people stop quoting EVERY image of the modified Batman Devill666 posted over and over while it's on the same page?

From a magazine displaying TDK suit batman (forgot what mag it was):

tdkbody.jpg

Last edited:
I think Batman's body is the same as the SS Stormtrooper body. It even says Hot Toy's on the bottom of the ST box, so it could be the same body.

I apologize for the pics.. I couldn't find any other to make my point. Obviously that TDK Batman in the photos was HEAVILY modified.. you can even see the dull areas where it was dremmled. Unfortunately, it's distracted everyone and instead of focusing on what I was getting at, everyone focused on the pics. :lol

My point still stands: no mention of ANY modification is mentioned in the official specs from HT that's still on their site. So imo it is possible that HT could be using a modified TT, even if it's just slimmer shoulders, and NOT mention it like they did with the TDK Batman. Now.. HT did eventually mention it, but it was mention outside of the official specs:

tdkbody.jpg

As plasmid has shown. So maybe HT will do something similar for the Cop Joker/Upgraded Joker. But just based off the initial pics, it doesn't look like a standard True Type body imo.

MMSDXJoker9.jpg

And even if what Sachiel posted from HT is true:

The intensive improvements include: additional suspenders, shirt and jackets in fitter cutting, screen-accurate material of purple coat, re-painted shoes, and more......

A tighter cut of the clothing which would = a tighter fit would actually make the shoulders appear BIGGER on a Standard TT. The v.1 Joker shirt wasn't baggy imo and even on that figure you can see how big and oversized the shoulders are. That's why I think if this new figure is using a smaller body, even if it's just the shoulders, I don't think the clothing will fit properly. Just my opinion.

Back