Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Batman's body is the same as the SS Stormtrooper body. It even says Hot Toy's on the bottom of the ST box, so it could be the same body.

It is not. They are very similar (given that HT developed both), but there are some differences:

The HT TDK body:

003.jpg

SS Armored:

2279887922_1168eea424_o.jpg

I apologize for the pics.. I couldn't find any other to make my point. Obviously that TDK Batman in the photos was HEAVILY modified.. you can even see the dull areas where it was dremmled. Unfortunately, it's distracted everyone and instead of focusing on what I was getting at, everyone focused on the pics. :lol

My point still stands: no mention of ANY modification is mentioned in the official specs from HT that's still on their site. So imo it is possible that HT could be using a modified TT, even if it's just slimmer shoulders, and NOT mention it like they did with the TDK Batman. Now.. HT did eventually mention it, but it was mention outside of the official specs:

Okay I understand now. Hopefully HT will have the foresight to start selling whatever body it is under the cop Joker outfit, whether it's the slim or narrow shouldered body. I don't think they're negligent enough to include a set of clothes that wouldn't fit any readily available HT body on the market. :lol

However, I'm not sure the new and improved mob scene Joker outfit WON'T fit a regular TT. It doesn't look any smaller from the pics. But then again it's hard to judge just from promo pics.

It would be funny if someone actually tried to replicate the movie display. and just had the clothes on a body without a head and put a rectangle plastic case around it. :lol

Does anyone else think the shirt collar still looks a bit sloppy around the neck and could be tailored better? And it might just be the lighting, but the shirt looks less blue than the V1 shirt as well.

It is not. They are very similar (given that HT developed both), but there are some differences:

The HT TDK body:

SS Armored:

Ah, ok I see. They are different in the chest and torso. Looks like the SS Armored body would have been better for Batman because it looks thinner in the chest than the body he is on.

Just want to tell you guys that I have gone to the HotToys shop and saw the Prototype myself.. The sculpt is amazing! Trust me, you wont really need it to be modified for what it is... rather, you would WISH that the official product will live up to those standards. However, as ppl on various boards says, the clothing needs some changing. To me now, the costume is not so spectacular in terms of cutting and colour scheme accuracy. I am sure they will improve on this in due time.

Just wanna assure you guys you are not going to regret this order.

WOW thank you for posting those pics yep im looking forward to this figure so much detail on both of them.

Billy

Soooo, should I wait to buy another TT body? Just wait and see what happens? Why the hell would they make clothes that are ONLY compatible with a body that isn't readily available on the market and can't be used for previous figures. THE SET COMES WITH TWO DIFFERENT OUTFITS and ONE BODY!?!? This is bad news for people like myself that want to display BOTH figures.

Should I just hold off on my TT body purchase? Is it an new slimmer body for sure? This is a bunch of bull ^^^^.

does anybody in the UK know where this is available? I'm trying to talk myself out of getting it. (got no recent HT figures... and go no money lol) and i realise that by asking that question, I'm not doing a very good job of talking myself out of it lol, but still.... better to be prepared ;)

does anybody in the UK know where this is available? I'm trying to talk myself out of getting it. (got no recent HT figures... and go no money lol) and i realise that by asking that question, I'm not doing a very good job of talking myself out of it lol, but still.... better to be prepared ;)

I'm in the UK and I have to get Hot Toys figs from eBay. Forbidden Planet and Play.com are useless...they get the figs about 6 months after everyone else. eBay is a little more expensive but I would rather have them as soon as I can rather than have to wait. It looks as if this new Joker set will be kinda July to August time i think (could be wrong). I have read many negative stories of pre-orders so I am gonna get a *buy it now* from ebay when it's out. I bought my 4 other Dark Knight figures that way and I received them all within one week of purchase.

Soooo, should I wait to buy another TT body? Just wait and see what happens? Why the hell would they make clothes that are ONLY compatible with a body that isn't readily available on the market and can't be used for previous figures. THE SET COMES WITH TWO DIFFERENT OUTFITS and ONE BODY!?!? This is bad news for people like myself that want to display BOTH figures.

Should I just hold off on my TT body purchase? Is it an new slimmer body for sure? This is a bunch of bull ^^^^.

Why are you getting so angry about information that is nothing but guesswork and is almost wholly unsubstantiated? We don't know much about the underlying body except for what we can deduce. And its a solid span of time before this figure is released, so possibly by then HT may release the currently unavailable bodies as required for the slimmer tailored outfit.

Want a bit of advice? Save yourself a spike in blood pressure until we see more revealing pics or more concrete info.

I'm in the UK and I have to get Hot Toys figs from eBay. Forbidden Planet and Play.com are useless...they get the figs about 6 months after everyone else. eBay is a little more expensive but I would rather have them as soon as I can rather than have to wait. It looks as if this new Joker set will be kinda July to August time i think (could be wrong). I have read many negative stories of pre-orders so I am gonna get a *buy it now* from ebay when it's out. I bought my 4 other Dark Knight figures that way and I received them all within one week of purchase.

thank. I was considering that. I'm not too concerned with when I get them, more how much I'm paying. I've just preoredered with BBTS in the states. Costing around £150 GBP including shipping. I'll keep my eyes open for other places though. (and shhhhhh, nobody tell the wife lol - hopefully we'll be better for money by the time this thing ships so it won't be as big a deal) :monkey3

I wonder which costume and head will be on the body in the box?
Personally, i hope it'll be the Regular outfit, because i always find it a pain to get full outfits to sit right when i re-dress figures.

thank. I was considering that. I'm not too concerned with when I get them, more how much I'm paying. I've just preoredered with BBTS in the states. Costing around £150 GBP including shipping. I'll keep my eyes open for other places though. (and shhhhhh, nobody tell the wife lol - hopefully we'll be better for money by the time this thing ships so it won't be as big a deal) :monkey3

ahah good to luck then darren ahah. and i wana preorder it aswel but not too sure if i should yet. i might wait for a buy it now when its out too.

Why are you getting so angry about information that is nothing but guesswork and is almost wholly unsubstantiated? We don't know much about the underlying body except for what we can deduce. And its a solid span of time before this figure is released, so possibly by then HT may release the currently unavailable bodies as required for the slimmer tailored outfit.

Want a bit of advice? Save yourself a spike in blood pressure until we see more revealing pics or more concrete info.

Fair enough. I guess, deep down I'm sick of all the assumptions for this damn thing. Amazing how many posts have accumulated in this thread in such a small time frame, and most of the posts are nothing but drivel. Next year everyone will be going nuts for the "next thing" and not even acknowledge this figure, possibly sooner.

I planned on buying a regular TT body the other day (man some of the prices I've seen are expensive for a cheap plastic body) for this figure (I want to display both) then I come in this thread and read "Oh no, it looks like an all new slim version" and all this discussion about it. Bad enough that this figure is being made in the first place, more annoying that we can't get the right answers.

Not stressed or anything, just frustrated. It is a post after all, it's not like I'm screaming at the the top of my lungs. Seems to me there is more hassles than pleasures when it comes to collecting, especially with these foriegn, high end collectibles.

No worries, just feel slightly depressed.

Last edited:
I wonder which costume and head will be on the body in the box?
Personally, i hope it'll be the Regular outfit, because i always find it a pain to get full outfits to sit right when i re-dress figures.

i think it will be the cop fig that will be displayed in the box with the reg joker clothing next to it. im quite looking forward to seeing some cool packaging.

Back