Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was thinking of selling on my v1 which i just bought >:-( then buy this so i got the cop joker and the clothes then get another hot bod for the better purple suit?

but i may jst keep the v1 i got and never opened, and then get this later on at some point if ican??

whats ppl think?? is it worth keeping v1 and getting this? i like the cop joker so would it look stupid to have 2 purple coat jokers displayed together, altho in diff positions, with different heads.

Take the coat off of one. Interrogation room.

SnakeDoc

I tend to think of Ultimate as, if you have all the figs... that means you get all the goodie accessories to display.

If one person only has one Joker with just a knife, doesn't really cut it and some cards.

Knifes, variants of grenades, many guns, lots of hand variations, lots of cards, lots of money... if you've made it can look quite a display piece.

Though I'd love to get some of those display cards that are much taller than A4 to stand behind the figs. Or something similar.

True enough. After th e DX and the BR, I figure I'm close enough. Anything else, and I'll buy random parts on Ebay (detonator, pencil, nurse machine gun, etc.) ... I don't figure I'll be buying another Joker after these two.

SnakeDoc

yeah thanks power, dumb question really. i do like the v1 i jst bought, ive got a repainted head coming from seb/elvis1976 which is alot better, and now iseen this i love this aswel so iguess if ican id get this aswel. i aint bothered about havin more than 1 joker i guess,.

No Prob, If I didn't already have the BR joker I would be getting this too :D

yeah thanks power, dumb question really. i do like the v1 i jst bought, ive got a repainted head coming from seb/elvis1976 which is alot better, and now iseen this i love this aswel so iguess if ican id get this aswel. i aint bothered about havin more than 1 joker i guess,.

Yea theres alot of display options that come with joker you can have the DX one with the pull string grenades and like SnakeDoctor said make one from the Interrogation scene (Good idea Snake). No shame in havin 2 especially if one has a custom head

thanks for the help guys!! as i likeboth this cop and the new clothing frm this set, makes me feel more happy now i purchased the v1. ican have different posed jokers now if iget this. the v1 joker i got iwas going to display with the machine gun frm br joker, sorta like when hes in the street shoting at batman "come on hit me" scene.

thanks guys

i still like the br aswel myself, so if i could id get that too.

Don't underestimate LED. My dad says LED technology and some of the samples he's shown me are small as what's in that base and will blind ya if you look too long. Not to say they'll be putting something that high powered in this, but it is possible to achieve.

:lecture

I might be wrong but I'm assuming the LED lights in the stand will be exactly like the LED lights in Iron Man. And those things are pretty damn bright from what I hear and from the pics I've seen.

True enough. After th e DX and the BR, I figure I'm close enough. Anything else, and I'll buy random parts on Ebay (detonator, pencil, nurse machine gun, etc.) ... I don't figure I'll be buying another Joker after these two.

SnakeDoc

I hope there is no more after this. 3 Joker's is enough.

:lecture

I might be wrong but I'm assuming the LED lights in the stand will be exactly like the LED lights in Iron Man. And those things are pretty damn bright from what I hear and from the pics I've seen.

They are bright!

I figure there might be a nurse with a smiling headsculpt. Not interested in a cross-dressed action figure ... but I may buy a separate headscuplt or machine gun off Ebay.

SnakeDoc

Did anybody ever answer the guy who asked if DC Direct will pick this up? There are so many pages, I can't remember where bouts it was. Anyways, I'm curious as well.

*edit* Nm, I just looked at Mista's thread and he said there will be a DCD version so yay.

Looks like it will have the smaller shoulders.

Yeah I think it uses that new slim body like Micheal Jackson. If so, that might be a problem for people trying to display both versions because I have a feeling the clothes for both the Cop Joker and new Mob Meeting Joker won't fit a standard TT body. And HT still isn't offering those slim bodies for sale.

Yeah I think it uses that new slim body like Micheal Jackson. If so, that might be a problem for people trying to display both versions because I have a feeling the clothes for both the Cop Joker and new Mob Meeting Joker won't fit a standard TT body. And HT still isn't offering those slim bodies for sale.

Wait you're saying the mob/grenade rig Joker clothes have been tailered smaller than the original V1 clothes? The original fit on a standard TT, right?

WOW! I bought the bank robber joker, but not the first one that came out cause to me the face was crap. This however is a must buy.

That would suck; trying to get rid of Cop Joker with no body would be so much harder.

Hmm, if thats true............ and the BillyB shirt might be too baggy on it. :/

Easy pass for me. I'm done with Hot Toys...especially after shelling out $300 for 2 Joker figs (V1 & BR). It pisses me off that they would essentially upgrade the V1 Joker and call it DX.

a) it pisses you off that an upgraded is marketed as DX (i.e. deluxe).

The reason why I even picked up the BR Joker was for the head sculpt to put on the V1 and now they pull this.

b) That is hardly Hot Toy's fault that you bought an entire figure to get a head, which you could have gotten on eBay for $60.

It's one thing...but did they have the customers that bought the other Jokers in mind when they came up with this decision to throw in an upgrade of the head sculpt and clothing of the original suit w/ the Cop Joker?

c) So the Cop Joker is $175 at BBTS. That means it is effectively the same price as the original and bank robber version. So you get an extra head and costume which you can put on a $30 TT or your V1 Joker body.

How is this not a good deal?

i hope thats not the case, i've ordered a TT body off ebay so i can display both figures

Back