Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucky for some. The thing is though, will his shirts/tie fit the new DX body? if it is a new body based on all this speculation?

I find it odd how some think it may not fit a standard TT because it says 'fitter cutting'. Does not mention anywhere about a slimmer cut and to me means that the shirt collar will fit better and the coat will hang nicer with more accurately positioned lapels.

EDIT: not directed at you Darkshadows, I was back scanning the thread and you coincidentally posted the topic again. :D

My opinion has nothing to do with Sachiel quoting HT about the clothes having a "fitter cut". I didn't even know about that until AFTER he posted that quote. My opinion is based off pics and comparing how specifically the Cop Joker looks compared to my BR Joker and other pics of both the BR Joker and v.1 Joker. Especially these pics:

MMSDXJoker9.jpg

MMSDXJoker23.jpg

20090402c8781b76dfbbd7a.jpg

200904029e8f8f2ab030f16.jpg

20090402e5e14bef7e286e8.jpg

200904021e01bcd965ab1cf.jpg

The shoulders are considerably slimmer. See how the coat around the shoulders has a fold of material? Now look at a pic of my BR Joker:

watermark.php

That isn't material, that's all TT shoulder. there's no room for a fold like that in the material because the shoulders are already stretching out the material as is. Now factor in the new DX clothes having a "fitter cut" and you can see why I feel it's not a standard TT body. My BR Joker has about the same shoulder length.. but again, it's ALL TT shoulder, not extra material. The DX clothing looks like it has shoulder pads!? or something. Add some shoulder pads to the BR jacket with a standard TT and see the hilarious results when Joker ends up looking like a linebacker. :lol

So that's why I think at the very least the shoulders are modified like the TDK Batman body. I could be wrong. We'll just have to wait and see.

No, not yet.

Hot Toys said they'll be releasing the new female bodies this year. They may do the same with the new male bodies.

I remember someone mentioning that in the film the joker's coat had 4 coat tails. After looking through a few images of the film and production photos. I think he does 4 coat tails, I just can't remember if the guy said that the new coat includes that correction.

The HT coat doesn't. It would be very easy to tell in some of the pics.

I have been kicking myself for not getting a Joker before. I am glad it worked out -preordered from Toys2 today. I guess I need to get a second HT body though.

I have been kicking myself for not getting a Joker before. I am glad it worked out -preordered from Toys2 today. I guess I need to get a second HT body though.

i just had alook on toys2 so i might order from there myself maybe. and it does say "Hot Toys True Type figure with over 35 points of articulation" so id imagine its a reg ht tt bod maybe,.

I think Hot Toys knows that we will want to display both, so he'll either be on a regular TT or they'll offer up slim bodies.

anyone recommend ordering from BigBadToyStore? never have, any other places that you recommend?

I've also used them a few times and have had zero problems. The stuff always arrives in great condition, even without me paying extra for "mint" packing.

Back