Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if a few people on ebay have this in stock they don't have the SS exclusives. Also if you recieve a figure that's screwed up SS is cool to work with. I can't speak for anyone on ebay.

I don't see an upshot to buying on ebay with the official release so close.

Two words: Nurse Joker.

All of the ones on ebay are the exclusive version.

I'd change to ebay to get it sooner if the prices weren't insane

The only reason people want nurse Joker is because there is no official nurse Joker out there.

Personally I much prefer the BR look to the nurse one.

Also, what sellers have this on ebay at sane prices?

So after going through about 20 or so pages a couple of things really stand out to me which I'm sure have already been beat to death, but I'm gonna add another whack anyway:

I'm extremely disappointed with the new paint apps...it's definitely transferred somehow and to me loses a bit of the artistry. Maybe this technique will be limited to the Joker, maybe it's been going on for a while, but it's real noticeable in the Macro shots.

I'm not feeling the overcoat...it doesn't appear to be tailored correctly, I'm sure it can be futzed, but with HT advertising Kato as the tailor I expected better, not perfect mind you, just better.

Those are my only gripes...I know I'm in the minority here with saying I prefer the DX01 HS more, but I prefer it to the smirk version.

I don't think I'll cancel this, I love the accessories and I really dig the laughing HS, plus the paint on the hands is a great touch, but I would be lying if I said this is a homerun.

The only reason people want nurse Joker is because there is no official nurse Joker out there.

I remember reading something about HT never wanting to release a Joker with a nurse outfit for ethic reasons, as Heath Ledger's passed away.

So after going through about 20 or so pages a couple of things really stand out to me which I'm sure have already been beat to death, but I'm gonna add another whack anyway:

I'm extremely disappointed with the new paint apps...it's definitely transferred somehow and to me loses a bit of the artistry. Maybe this technique will be limited to the Joker, maybe it's been going on for a while, but it's real noticeable in the Macro shots.

I'm not feeling the overcoat...it doesn't appear to be tailored correctly, I'm sure it can be futzed, but with HT advertising Kato as the tailor I expected better, not perfect mind you, just better.

Those are my only gripes...I know I'm in the minority here with saying I prefer the DX01 HS more, but I prefer it to the smirk version.

I don't think I'll cancel this, I love the accessories and I really dig the laughing HS, plus the paint on the hands is a great touch, but I would be lying if I said this is a homerun.

Agreed 100%.

I think it turned out really well, definitely improved the sculpt for the better! going to pick up some of his weapons and shoes loose on ebay.

I remember reading something about HT never wanting to release a Joker with a nurse outfit for ethic reasons, as Heath Ledger's passed away.

Yep. Nolan asked Hot Toys not to and they agreed. I suppose Nolan has his reasons and is best to respect his opinions as it must be for some reason

:goodpost::exactly:

To answer your question..... no one :(

That. Sucks.

When Sideshow says "SS Exclusive" that's what I expect. I shouldn't be able to buy the extras through secondary market until after the official SS roll out.

The Exclusive is for selected markets so when Sideshow say it's exclusive to them they're right, outside of HK no where else in the world can sell the Exclusive, no one in the States, no one in Europe :lecture

Its a great release, considering you get the table diorama and all the accesories, but for me Im just gonna get the laughing sculpt and some of the accesories.

He looks great out of the box. Was just hoping to see the other side of the interrogation backdrop. I'll see if I can get him in HK this week but if not I'll wait until SS fulfills my order. No interest in gambling on any eBay sellers.

Yep. Nolan asked Hot Toys not to and they agreed. I suppose Nolan has his reasons and is best to respect his opinions as it must be for some reason

That's true and thanks for refreshing my memory :)

Cool to see the stubby shotgun included. It really wasn't his weapon in the movie but its still a nice added touch.

Back