Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"I heard from a friend of a friend who had a facebook page that Nolan told his cousin 'No' to Nurse Joker because one of Ledger's defining moments as an actor is somehow disrespectful."

:cuckoo:

Actually, Hot Toys did state this themselves in a QnA. That ain't a lie. :lol

They said they tried but they weren't allowed. I think they had one planned years ago.

Now that Nolan and Co. is done and Warner Bros. is going to pursue a new type of Batman series (whatever that may be), I could see them trying to circumvent that "rule" as long as they have the Dark Knight license (which must be long if they've had the Batman Begins one for over 7 years).

I think HT know full we'll what is profitable and the batman franchise is there biggest so far, can't see it being the last joker at all ...nurse joker ??

I think they will do a ra's and we already know there is going to be a plain clothes version of Gordon think we will see Blake as well

No one knows yet exactly what that page says as no one has actually translated it but a Commissioner Gordon is a cert (probably one of this years Toy Fairs figure's)

Translation courtesy of Hydeous

"New TDKR release for 2013, and its not the already announced catwoman. HT will eventually give a satisfactory answer soon enough."

Thats what i understand, from my limited mandarin reading ability.

I just re read the whole thing again, and i did notice that they wrote HT will give us a satisfactory answer on which TDKR character they'll be giving us in 2013.

I think its safe to say that we can get a 2 face/Harvey Dent, Comm Gordon, Ra's and Blake. At least to me thats satisfactory.

This whole printed on paint apps thing is more disappointing the more photos I look at. The days of taking realistic closeups may be coming to an end. I hope the printer wasn't low on paint when they printed my figure. Do we call these figures or prints now?

Show this image at full size, since it's more clear when not being reduced by the forum.

jokercd.jpg

Looks great to me.

Really think a lot of people would not have even picked up on it, let alone whine about it, had it not been brought up.

Annoying, yes. But not dreadful.

In all fairness whatever printing method they are using is going to provide a more consistent quality, and you are looking at ~5x magnification.

Most figures are not going to have high contrast mackup on their face either.

Nice chin and forehead?

Every 1/6 sculpt looks like that when blown up? Please refer to the DX01 shots OMG also put up for comparison.

This whole printed on paint apps thing is more disappointing the more photos I look at. The days of taking realistic closeups may be coming to an end. I hope the printer wasn't low on paint when they printed my figure. Do we call these figures or prints now?

Show this image at full size, since it's more clear when not being reduced by the forum.

jokercd.jpg

Realistic closeups?!?! Have you seen the majority of the pictures on this board? None ever look better than pictures normally look when you take them with a phone. If the figure can look good in OMGs pic rest assured bro, you good.

Looks great to me.

Really think a lot of people would not have even picked up on it, let alone whine about it, had it not been brought up.

Annoying, yes. But not dreadful.

:lecture:exactly:

I honestly didn't even see it until now that areas have been specifically circled and pointed out even though ppl had already brought it up.

In all fairness whatever printing method they are using is going to provide a more consistent quality, and you are looking at ~5x magnification.

For some, taking some photos is part of the fun. I'm reserving angst for the in hand experience, should it be noticeable. I agree, it's probably not going to be noticeable in a detolf. But, it is disappointing from my end since it just seems kind of cheap.

I'm not trying to bash the figure, just sayin it seems like HT was able to do fantastic details in the past without resorting to printing paint apps. Don't know why they're doing this now.

I think some people have a VERY skewed idea of what sculpts used to look like because they aren't blown up 10x normal size and under a magnifying glass.

If OMG says this is the best DX figure ever that's good enough for me to know this in hand will be something special

My problem is they claim to be hand painted...don't get me wrong it will be unnoticeable in hand, but don't advertise "hand painted" if it's not...they obviously put stock into "hand painted" they are always making note of it i the specs.

i can't see the problem with the paint ap at all. granted my eyes aren't great, but if i can't see it at that magnification, then i sure won't see it in-hand.

if i had to nitpick one thing about the sculpt, i would say that i think the scar on the lower lip isn't long enough. and i probably only noticed that now because of the huge close up.

big deal.

: D

Some of ya'll need to relax. I'm just speaking my peace on the printed paint apps. If you can't see the dot matrix pattern, you're better off anyway.

i can't see the problem with the paint ap at all. granted my eyes aren't great, but if i can't see it at that magnification, then i sure won't see it in-hand.

if i had to nitpick one thing about the sculpt, i would say that i think the scar on the lower lip isn't long enough.

big deal.

: D

No, I agree it's probably not going to stand out when you're looking at the figure in hand.

yep, I prefer to have those small printer marks, than some bad paint app. make up on this figure is very coplex, and if a gruop of people paint this, diferent quality from figure to figure will appear.
I'm sure that those marks will not be noticeable in hand

And here comes the new OCD thread. On this board, people are never happy with anything and keep whining like six years old kids! :slap

Most of what people don't like won't even be noticeable in 1/6 scale!

First it was DX12, and when they got it in hands, they liked it! Now the Joker! Come on, it's awesome!

If you don't like it, don't pay for it, it's as simple as that!

And if you are rich (well, more rich!), commission a custom that will be exactly the way you like, with Adam's hs and Kato's custom outfit, and be ready to pay much more, because don't expect much better from a mass produced item!:cuckoo:

Back