Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not Dr Paint or anything, but I can only presume that achieving this kind of effect in mass production with traditional hand-painting techniques would be rather tricky.

it seems few are taking into account the FACT that if each of these figures were 100% hand painted:

*The price would be ASTRONOMICAL. Me, I charge $100/hr for far less complex pieces of work. To paint Joker and do him justice would probably take me at least two days, because I do a lot of tweaking as I go. Who knows what HT would charge?!! Or how long it would take their artists? You can bet it would be built into a very high price tag, perhaps double what the figure costs now.

*Screening means a much more uniform end product.

*Screening means a faster release of product. HT takes LONG ENOUGH NOW. Sheesh.

Just my take, y'understand. We are all lucky these figures look as good as they do.

Uhm, yeah.... no. Did Kato's coat really looked like this (more or less, material wise)?

9Qucn.jpg

It's so.. furry.

these are the first pictures i have seen where it really looks super pimpy.

clearly the nap can be flattened because it looks fine in other pictures (you can see the fingers all over this). it'll be trickier to brush down all the time if you like playing with your toys (doing stop motion or photostories or whatever).

if you're just going to slap him on a shelf, looks like a solid once-over brushfutz will do him fine.

Yeah, I would've love for the coat to have the finer more tailored look from 89 joker. However, they've got to fit that sport coat under it too, and that thickens it up. I'm thinking about modding it by removing the sleeves from a spare sportcoat, and slimming the trench overall. Of course, if some custom savy boardie created a coat, I'd go that route. But other than Kato, I don't know who'd have the chops for that.

Because Kato used the bathrobe material, and apparently HT didn't want to change a thing from what he used including leaving the jacket grey and not blue and leaving out the suspenders :slap

Looks like a nice wash cloth I'd use for my rear end.

Bet it feels good too.

Tailoring and oragne lining looks nice. Kato has a great template he's made, no doubt about that.

I just doubt the material. That's nothing like the real costume. If they made it thin and fuzzy for the grey/light blue sports coat, then, that's pretty stupid. The purple coat is more important, it's the focal point of the costume. They should have made the sports coat the cheapest, thinnest thing or make it a partial piece (like we used to do with the V1, cutting up the jacket like a scarf so it appeared like it was underneath without bulking up the coat).

Oddly enough, the light grey coat looks like the best looking, best tailored article of clothing. :lol

you guys went from praising it up & down spending hundreds of dollars on it saying its the best, then HTs creates the same coat using the same artist you loved, now you guys don't like it...

:lol

I guess you lose a little something going from hand tailored craftsmanship to mass produced less skilled factory workers.

Kato's coat never looked this fluffy to my eye. Ive never seen a Kato Suit in person so I really wouldnt know 100%, but all the pics, even the HT's proto pics never made it look that fluffy.

Never thought Id really say Id care that much, but that bath robe is a little much.

I just don't understand why they wouldn't just use the same material they used for Jack Joker, or even the V1 Joker from 2008 (except a brighter purple, not that dark purple, almost black they used).

That cloth for the clothes was fine. The only problem with their previous Jokers was the cut of the suit, especially the lapels. Now, they have the perfect tailoring, lapels, sleeves, collars, everything looks right and they even get the inner orange lining right.

But then the material is ****ed. :lol

IMG_0222.jpg
9Qucn.jpg

They're similar. But, the HT coat seems to be a bit furrier to my eyes. At this scale, a bit can be a lot. That aside, you can't beat Kato's lapel. Looks so nice.

Back