Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I'd be really excited for this - but I've had Joker on my shelf in the past. Bane on the other hand....

I can only afford one. I know what it feels like to look over at my figures and see The Joker. I am excited at the idea of looking around and seeing Bane, especially in his coat.

How do other peeps feel?

These both turned out amazing, joker has a lot of followers though so I can see this being expensive, once supply starts to drought.
Bane on the other I think will be easier to buy into the secondary market even if its supply goes low.
And even if it cost more, I don't think it will be expensive as a high demand joker.
I think you would be safer to get this first and pick up bane later.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I think the coat is fine. Even if it does look shaggier than the prototype, it actually seems closer to the screen version based on the pic posted here than Kato's original to me.

wow..picked him up mine tonight..so much to play with! took some snaps:
IMG_7123_zps502308e0.jpg

IMG_7125_zpsdbebf725.jpg

IMG_7203_zpsd649deae.jpg

IMG_7225_zps61f5c6f5.jpg

IMG_7334_zps90527a2e.jpg

IMG_7259_zps6b132abe.jpg

IMG_7268_zps9edfb80b.jpg

IMG_7193_zpse7874a15.jpg

IMG_7184_zpsaa408bf6.jpg

Nice pics.
Gotta say, I'm very surprised at the PERS sculpt.
Originally, I thought the laughing one was far superior, but in these pics, that PERS sculpt is spot on. And in different pics, I can almost see the sculpt in comparison to some scenes in the movie.

If someone doesn't like the coat it comes with they can always pay two grand for Kato's version.

These both turned out amazing, joker has a lot of followers though so I can see this being expensive, once supply starts to drought.
Bane on the other I think will be easier to buy into the secondary market even if its supply goes low.
And even if it cost more, I don't think it will be expensive as a high demand joker.
I think you would be safer to get this first and pick up bane later.

I get the feeling that once the excitment about Bane wears off, he will be reduced in price. And yes, I think he will be one people sell off, too. Right now, ebay is the only place I could get him in the UK and he is around the £200 mark, give or take; that's $322.

Joker on ebay is near the £300 mark which is $483.

The prices are just so mental now.

If I got The Joker, I wouldn't use the dio backdrop/chair/table or lamp. I would only really use the shotgun or machine gun as an accessory.

Pretty pricey stuff considering I don't plan on displaying half of it.
:gah:

I get the feeling that once the excitment about Bane wears off, he will be reduced in price. And yes, I think he will be one people sell off, too. Right now, ebay is the only place I could get him in the UK and he is around the £200 mark, give or take; that's $322.

If I got The Joker, I wouldn't use the dio backdrop/chair/table or lamp. I would only really use the shotgun or machine gun as an accessory.

You can get that money back, maybe even more selling parts you don't like on evilbay.

Direct from Sideshow, including customs, Joker would be £233, roughly.
The price for the exclusive items on eBay at the moment are ridiculous. I'm using points and getting him for £170. Don't mind the wait.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I think the coat is fine. Even if it does look shaggier than the prototype, it actually seems closer to the screen version based on the pic posted here than Kato's original to me.

I'm with you. Owned the Kato original and I'll have this in hand in about a week and, from what I've seen, although this will not quite match the ltd run quality, it actually appears to benefit from it.

Looks fantastic to me. Especially for a mass produced piece.

the 2.0 coat does look fluffier than the custom which, while great, i wish had been done in a different material but i wasnt around on the boards when it was chosen. but there were other mistakes made on the custom suit as well like the shirt color. that said i am really happy with the custom suits i've found. in this scale nothing is perfect. also the chain on the 2.0 is a looser link and not as long as the custom chain but what can you do? for the price it is still a major improvement from the earlier releases.
i caved and ordered some parted out bits from the 2.0 last night and will try to mod the pants with the suspenders from the dx01. it should be a relatively simple mod but i didnt want to do it on the custom pants and screw them up. wish me luck.
and is it just me or do the 2.0 HS look really shiny? like they used gloss varnish on the whole head? think the paint will look better if it's resealed in a matte. but maybe i'm wrong.

picture.php
picture.php
some inhand pics . been too busy to post. yup the proto joker,s coat was a better material. what we got is bit fluffy looking :D but over all DX11 is a nice set.

I was being sarcastic, anyone who pays that kind of money for action figure "clothes" is a moron.

I thought I'd be really excited for this - but I've had Joker on my shelf in the past. Bane on the other hand....

I can only afford one. I know what it feels like to look over at my figures and see The Joker. I am excited at the idea of looking around and seeing Bane, especially in his coat.

How do other peeps feel?

I know how you feel J&B.

I am excited for this BUT not as much as I am for Bane. I've had every release of Joker so far and, like you, I know what it looks like to have Joker on my shelf. But Bane, first one and tough to tell if we're even going to get a second so yea definitely loses excited for him.

Same here. Love the coat. Going to weather it a bit but the whole suit looks amazing
I'm with you. Owned the Kato original and I'll have this in hand in about a week and, from what I've seen, although this will not quite match the ltd run quality, it actually appears to benefit from it.

Looks fantastic to me. Especially for a mass produced piece.
:hi5:
:yess:

I haven't followed this thread very closely, but do some folks really think the DX-01 one is better? It seemed clunky and ill-tailored to me when I had it in-hand, but it has been awhile.

I haven't followed this thread very closely, but do some folks really think the DX-01 one is better? It seemed clunky and ill-tailored to me when I had it in-hand, but it has been awhile.

I think people like it because of the material...that's all.
Oh and the granade rig....people LOVE that look. :lol It doesn't look that bad.
People always "hate-on" the older figures just because the new ones look a bit better. :dunno

Back