Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so angry. Ordered Exclusive version on June 2012 on Sideshow, but last week they said "we do not ship to Ukraine anymore... Fed Ex told us there could be problems, you could still buy it through forwarder". I have no extra 100$ for that, and they do not care that now it is sold out everywhere except scummers on e-bay. :( Why, why people do this? :monkey2

@darkavatar: has my distaste been so obvious? was trying not to bad mouth it as i know a lot of people are into it however i just dont really feel it. the PERS HS has grown on me some and from the front, straight on, i kind of like it. am looking forward to what it will look like after i repaint it. the laughing however is a bit too far off. i dont think yulli got the base ledger likeness down enough to venture into an extremely xpressive look. the profile is completely off and with all the over-texturing that HT does on their ledger/jokers, the laughing HS looks a bit like joker meets the leprechaun from that 90's horror movie. i dont really get what's going on with the eyes either--think they might have worked better either completely closed or open somewhat but with the eyes themselves somewhat visible. as it appears to me now, they are partially open lids but there are no eyes behind them: looks strange. think the smile should be a bit more wide, like the adam custom--which i would say is the best i've seen in that look.
to be fair, i'm not too into the extremely expressive looks like laughing or screaming sculpts, usually. think they are hard to nail and fall flatter when they arent than more neutral looks do. also like in the case of joker, i dont really see the laughing figure making sense unless i set up a scene with bats.
anyway, this is just my opinion and i know a lot of people are digging the laughing sculpt so maybe i'll appreciate it more in hand but i will still sell it, most likely.

@darkavatar: has my distaste been so obvious? was trying not to bad mouth it as i know a lot of people are into it however i just dont really feel it.

Yes it has actually, you mentioned twice now that you don't like it. :lol

the PERS HS has grown on me some and from the front, straight on, i kind of like it. am looking forward to what it will look like after i repaint it.

Wait till you see it in hand, I mean you have Adams's best sculpt I can not see you liking the PERS one, I think if you took off all the paint you would see it looks nothing like Ledger. I mean yes they nailed one of Joker's expression but it just looks like someone else just pulling a Ledger /Joker expression and I can not see any likeness to Ledger. :(

the laughing however is a bit too far off. i dont think yulli got the base ledger likeness down enough to venture into an extremely xpressive look. the profile is completely off and with all the over-texturing that HT does on their ledger/jokers, the laughing HS looks a bit like joker meets the leprechaun from that 90's horror movie.

I thought the same thing when Rory posted the pics, the laughing one looked like a wrinkly old man/leprechaun etc but in hand the face looks smooth looking.:dunno

i dont really get what's going on with the eyes either--think they might have worked better either completely closed or open somewhat but with the eyes themselves somewhat visible. as it appears to me now, they are partially open lids but there are no eyes behind them: looks strange. think the smile should be a bit more wide, like the adam custom--which i would say is the best i've seen in that look.

Ok I never noticed that until now, the eye thing does look a bit weird and your right the mouth is too small. However, I still think it is better than the PERS one IMO.

to be fair, i'm not too into the extremely expressive looks like laughing or screaming sculpts, usually. think they are hard to nail and fall flatter when they arent than more neutral looks do. also like in the case of joker, i dont really see the laughing figure making sense unless i set up a scene with bats.

Yeah I am the same way, I am not a big fan of laughing/screaming sculpts either but this head sculpt looks so much more realistic than the PERS one IMO but IDK some times I like the PERS one and some times I don't. :confused:

anyway, this is just my opinion and i know a lot of people are digging the laughing sculpt so maybe i'll appreciate it more in hand but i will still sell it, most likely.

Well not really just your opinion as there are a few people that just cant wait to sell theirs, if we go back a few pages. I just could not understand the hate for the laughing sculpt. :dunno

I think you will appreciate it more in hand. :wink1:

I am so angry. Ordered Exclusive version on June 2012 on Sideshow, but last week they said "we do not ship to Ukraine anymore... Fed Ex told us there could be problems, you could still buy it through forwarder". I have no extra 100$ for that, and they do not care that now it is sold out everywhere except scummers on e-bay. :( Why, why people do this? :monkey2

Buy the normal version to BBTS and Forget sideshow and the F____k exclusives forever......" :panic:

In fact I just won an auction the other day for less than 2/3 of all the Buy it Nows on eBayl

Problem for serious buyers is that there are sellers who'll withdraw their item hours before the finish time because of this. Not against the rules, but not very sporting. Sometimes it's because they were too optimistic that the bids would fly in. If you've put up a certain starting price, then be prepared to sell it for that.

Problem for serious buyers is that there are sellers who'll withdraw their item hours before the finish time because of this. Not against the rules, but not very sporting. Sometimes it's because they were too optimistic that the bids would fly in. If you've put up a certain starting price, then be prepared to sell it for that.

the flip side of this is that if you bid and lose and the seller has more than one, you might get to buy it at your offered price (less than selling price). i have had this happen multiple times with overseas auctions where the seller will send a "second chance" message.

it's a gamble, but i've been lucky with it.

That to me is wrong. If you list an item on eBay the starting price should be pretty close to what you expect to get out of it and then leave the bidding to make you more than that.

For the most part I generally try to avoid actual auctions on eBay. They're a pain in the *** generally and I hardly ever end up winning them. Most of the time because I won't shell out beyond a certain point and just give up. I'd much rather just use the buy it now option. So much easier and I know right away what I'll be paying instead of worrying about it getting too high.

That to me is wrong. If you list an item on eBay the starting price should be pretty close to what you expect to get out of it and then leave the bidding to make you more than that.

They put it at a low price because they think if they put it at a buck or something people will say that is a bargain and start bidding. Some times this works and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't work that is when sellers will pull the item from the auction because they do not want to take the risk that their item will sell for next to nothing since it has not gone up in value since the last bid.

For the most part I generally try to avoid actual auctions on eBay. They're a pain in the *** generally and I hardly ever end up winning them. Most of the time because I won't shell out beyond a certain point and just give up. I'd much rather just use the buy it now option. So much easier and I know right away what I'll be paying instead of worrying about it getting too high.

:exactly:

They sure are, but if you get items for 2/3 of the BIN price then they are worth the time and effort IMO. However, I agree I would rather just BIN as long as the price is not real high. :hi5:

They sure are, but if you get items for 2/3 of the BIN price then they are worth the time and effort IMO. However, I agree I would rather just BIN as long as the price is not real high. :hi5:
The problem I've found though is it rarely happens where you win an auction for a lot lower than the buy it now price. Hot Toys figures usually seem pretty in demand and are usually getting bids. Often times the ones I see that sell lower aren't complete either (missing parts or don't have the box). I guess it's fine if that's what a person wants but personally I want the whole package or nothing.

I do understand too that some of the sellers on eBay want to make a bit of a profit off of an in demand item but you would think some of them would learn after having ridiculously over priced buy it now prices on certain items (Hot Toys Harvey Dent/Two Face for example) that they would lower the price if they really want to sell the item.

Instead I've seen the same auctions for that particular figure from the same sellers who are seemingly convinced that someone will really fork over some crazy amount. I've seen him listed buy it now for like $700-800 which to me is insane.

The problem I've found though is it rarely happens where you win an auction for a lot lower than the buy it now price.

Yep so true. :(

I do understand too that some of the sellers on eBay want to make a bit of a profit off of an in demand item but you would think some of them would learn after having ridiculously over priced buy it now prices on certain items (Hot Toys Harvey Dent/Two Face for example) that they would lower the price if they really want to sell the item.

Instead I've seen the same auctions for that particular figure from the same sellers who are seemingly convinced that someone will really fork over some crazy amount. I've seen him listed buy it now for like $700-800 which to me is insane.

Yeah I have seen him listed at that amount to, do you know how much does he gos for when people actually bid on him?

Last edited:
They put it at a low price because they think if they put it at a buck or something people will say that is a bargain and start bidding.

It's not that they "think" this is how it works, it's that this IS how it works. As an Ebay seller, I can tell you - place your item for auction near a "Buy It Now" price and people won't bid on it. Place it at a very low price, and lots of people start bidding on it, with the final price often being higher than the average "Buy It Now" price.

Don't blame the sellers, blame the buyers. It's THEIR behavior that we have to deal with.

Yeah I have seen him listed at that amount to, do you know how much does he gos for when people actually bid on him?
Depends. I've seen him go from around $350-400 a lot of times. He's the one major character from the Nolan trilogy that's been released that I'm missing.

It's not that they "think" this is how it works, it's that this IS how it works. As an Ebay seller, I can tell you - place your item for auction near a "Buy It Now" price and people won't bid on it. Place it at a very low price, and lots of people start bidding on it, with the final price often being higher than the average "Buy It Now" price.

Don't blame the sellers, blame the buyers. It's THEIR behavior that we have to deal with.

No it does not always work I have seen someone put the starting price for a rare MOC action figure at one dollar and it sold for one dollar, even though it is worth at least 10 times that. I have put items at half the price of buy it now price and still no one bidded.

It is really just luck and demand of a particular item for it to sell and no one is to blame really. I don't think anyone here is blaming the sellers, they just don't get why they list some items for crazy prices like $700-800, knowing quite well people would not pay that sort of price for that particular item.

Buy the normal version to BBTS and Forget sideshow and the F____k exclusives forever......" :panic:

I did. But if I knew, I would buy exclusive from other shop, now they all are gone. Seems Sideshow do not care about customers like small shops do, so they could tell me sorry it is sold out, that's your problem, we just change or rules in the process of your buying. Well, I could add exclusive part from e-bay or sales here, but the point that I hate that attitude, and unpredictability of getting what you have ordered. :cuckoo:

Back