Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it does not always work I have seen someone put the starting price for a rare MOC action figure at one dollar and it sold for one dollar, even though it is worth at least 10 times that. I have put items at half the price of buy it now price and still no one bidded.

The thing is, auction buyers do not act as agents who operate based on rational self-interest. One tends to assume they are, but a good deal of research into economics and game theory shows that humans don't actually act that way, especially when it comes to markets and transactions like this.

Because of this well-documented irrational human behavior, sellers have to act in ways that either appear to be equally irrational or simply frustrating to those of us who are rational. Otherwise, they will be unsuccessful. Starting auctions at low prices (rather than prices that they would be happy to see a final bid at) is one of the strategies they have to engage in.

they just don't get why they list some items for crazy prices like $700-800, knowing quite well people would not pay that sort of price for that particular item.

This is a different matter entirely. I believe that those listings are largely put up by the bigger sellers (who do thousands of sales a year), which gives them special privileges - Ebay allows them to place unlimited listings and doesn't charge them if they don't sell a particular item (unlike normal sellers, who don't receive a discount and often have to pay a nominal fee to list something, even if it doesn't sell). So they have NO incentive not to list something that they have no intention of actually selling.

The reason they put them up at such high prices is to influence the perception of the market, and get people to (slowly, over time) believe that these figures are worth more than they actually are. That way, they are willing to actually bid higher than they would have otherwise.

The big sellers are also selling items at normal prices (via auctions, not high Buy-It-Now prices), and benefit from the increase in final bids on those items that are due to misperceptions in value that they themselves have deliberately created.

Think of it like this: I've got a Batman figure that normally sells for $200. If I try to sell it, that's how much the average buyer will pay for it.

But if I place a "Buy It Now" listing for it at $600, and also a normal auction for it at a more reasonable price, then some people might believe it's worth a lot more than it actually is. Nobody will think it's worth $600, but they might start to think it's worth at least $300 and might happily bid up the normal auction that high, instead of just $200.

And if multiple big sellers do this, then people are more likely to buy into this false perception, because they believe everyone in the market has the same idea - that this figure is worth a lot more than $200. It's not just ONE crazy seller, it's all the sellers, and they can't all be crazy....right? So in buyers' minds, the figures MUST be worth a lot more than $200. So sellers are indirectly helping each other out by creating this false perception amongst buyers.

Of course, figures appreciate in value over time, but I believe these extreme listing prices serve to accelerate the rate at which the value appreciates.

The thing is, auction buyers do not act as agents who operate based on rational self-interest. One tends to assume they are, but a good deal of research into economics and game theory shows that humans don't actually act that way, especially when it comes to markets and transactions like this.

Because of this well-documented irrational human behavior, sellers have to act in ways that either appear to be equally irrational or simply frustrating to those of us who are rational. Otherwise, they will be unsuccessful. Starting auctions at low prices (rather than prices that they would be happy to see a final bid at) is one of the strategies they have to engage in.

This is a different matter entirely. I believe that those listings are largely put up by the bigger sellers (who do thousands of sales a year), which gives them special privileges - Ebay allows them to place unlimited listings and doesn't charge them if they don't sell a particular item (unlike normal sellers, who don't receive a discount and often have to pay a nominal fee to list something, even if it doesn't sell). So they have NO incentive not to list something that they have no intention of actually selling.

The reason they put them up at such high prices is to influence the perception of the market, and get people to (slowly, over time) believe that these figures are worth more than they actually are. That way, they are willing to actually bid higher than they would have otherwise.

The big sellers are also selling items at normal prices (via auctions, not high Buy-It-Now prices), and benefit from the increase in final bids on those items that are due to misperceptions in value that they themselves have deliberately created.

Think of it like this: I've got a Batman figure that normally sells for $200. If I try to sell it, that's how much the average buyer will pay for it.

But if I place a "Buy It Now" listing for it at $600, and also a normal auction for it at a more reasonable price, then some people might believe it's worth a lot more than it actually is. Nobody will think it's worth $600, but they might start to think it's worth at least $300 and might happily bid up the normal auction that high, instead of just $200.

And if multiple big sellers do this, then people are more likely to buy into this false perception, because they believe everyone in the market has the same idea - that this figure is worth a lot more than $200. It's not just ONE crazy seller, it's all the sellers, and they can't all be crazy....right? So in buyers' minds, the figures MUST be worth a lot more than $200. So sellers are indirectly helping each other out by creating this false perception amongst buyers.

Of course, figures appreciate in value over time, but I believe these extreme listing prices serve to accelerate the rate at which the value appreciates.

Makes complete sense.

here are some lazy shots of my DX11.
These so called "bloggers" semi pro photographers are really starting to piss me off, every time a new figure release all these pros just floods the internet with really good photos with the figure at every pose possible... :gah:
it really sucks and takes a lot of fun out of shooting figures.

148758_10152507461685226_1032419107_n.jpg

542300_10152507460980226_1728389706_n.jpg

67486_10152507461715226_221920230_n.jpg

533832_10152507460990226_979274624_n.jpg

62343_10152507461785226_996783561_n.jpg

555378_10152507461960226_573495446_n.jpg

543800_10152507461830226_505525757_n.jpg

391886_10152507461820226_1361701476_n.jpg

I am soo doing the interrogation scene with the DX 12 when I get this figure next month.

These so called "bloggers" semi pro photographers are really starting to piss me off, every time a new figure release all these pros just floods the internet with really good photos with the figure at every pose possible... :gah:

Arr didums :pfft:

Nice pics nonetheless :)

Yeah, those were great pics. Thx. It seems like the PERS and head placement really have a huge effect on the accuracy of this sculpt. When the head is down and the PERS look to the right, I think the accuracy is incredible, but not as much when the eyes are looking to the left. Can't wait to have it in hand.

148758_10152507461685226_1032419107_n.jpg

Fantastic pics hunterelf, makes the wait for him even harder! :)

Last edited:
Yeah, those were great pics. Thx. It seems like the PERS and head placement really have a huge effect on the accuracy of this sculpt. When the head is down and the PERS look to the right, I think the accuracy is incredible, but not as much when the eyes are looking to the left. Can't wait to have it in hand.

yeah, he looks like Heath only in certain angles, but he overall looks old imo, in the movie his makeup shows the crease and some wrinkles, but he doesn't look old, here he looks like he's in he's 40s or 50s. Totally over done with the texture.
And i personally HATE the jacket, maybe they took the advice of Kato but didnt' follow through enough, the material is just wrong.:gah:

Fantastic pics hunterelf, makes the wait for him even harder! :)

don't know why you ordered this, but we in hong kong had to wait a week even though we preordered on the first day.
a friend of mine ordered in the first week but he still hasn't got the call to pick up yet...

Never has there been a more true statement about this figure I think.

OK, I got all the remaining pieces I needed to complete my second Joker. I must have sold my DX shoes so I went ahead and bought another pair on here ( thanks Ecko!). I wonder when TA usually gets their stock in. Some retailers get them sooner or later than others and I've never POd anything from TA. Has anybody here done so?

Se nt from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Hunter for the great shots. I can't wait to get this guys and snap some pics. Feel like we've waited for ever for this and you picks remind me why.

The DX01 is still loads of money on ebay, I knew it would hold its value evem after the DX11 came out. :yess:

There are some people who prefer the dx01 purple coat. Plus, it comes with the grenade rigs. And also the cop joker head and outfit. The PERS head is surprisingly fetching a pretty penny too.

Sorry you are wrong, I do not care what the statistics or research says, it just depends on the demand of the item, it is that simple. I hear the same to type of rubbish from ebay "put your item at one buck that way it will have a higher chance to sell for higher amounts". It is BS because like I said, people have used that method and still no one bidded.

My friend listed a book on ebay for a buck, I told him u list it on ebay for a buck it will probably only sell for a buck and sure enough it did. It is just like I said all has to do with demand. Hot Toys figures/parts are very sort after which is why they sell for high prices.

OK I can accept that.

There are some people who prefer the dx01 purple coat. Plus, it comes with the grenade rigs. And also the cop joker head and outfit. The PERS head is surprisingly fetching a pretty penny too.

No they prefer it because the DX01 coat is more like a suit coat and not like a winter coat like Katos one and Joker 2.0.

Back