Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just did the math. bane was announced last tuesday and the joker is coming one week behind him. sometime next week (possibly tuesday) a charge announcement will go out for joker to be billed on or around the 12th of march. then he'll start shipping within about 4 days after that.

this is for people who ordered from ssc.

Wait... where you got your math PHD? :lol

Well once you get the shoes it is an easy mod. Just use the hair drier on them to soften them to make the normal pegs fit into them. :wink1:

I would just like to point out to everyone once you do this Mod the holes in the shoes are permanently expanded, thus, you can not go back to using the normal DX11 pegs for the DX11 shoes, unless you mod them to fit them some how.

Is this correct, SSC is completley sold out of the EX? No waitlist, no nothing, just sold out?...glad I got my order in then..

Is anyone planning on parting out their laughing head at a more reasonable price than eBay? I remember getting a BR Joker head for my V1 Joker for around $35. Are the days of those prices gone?

My V1 Joker was my first HT figure. I don't care how many times they make improved versions of this guy, I really don't care to upgrade it beyond the BR Headsculpt. But if I could get an alternate laughing portrait to switch out once in a while, that'd be cool too.

Is anyone planning on parting out their laughing head at a more reasonable price than eBay? I remember getting a BR Joker head for my V1 Joker for around $35. Are the days of those prices gone?

those prices are gone, but i may have one in late march that i sell you for a wee bit better than ebay.

those prices are gone, but i may have one in late march that i sell you for a wee bit better than ebay.

I'm not expecting to pay $35 these days. But everything is going for just under (or over!) $100 unless it's an auction. There's no middle ground? Perhaps when these actually ship to the US and UK, the prices will decrease a bit with more available.

yeah, the auctions on the heads seem to have leveled off about $65-70, so the buy-it-now prices are kinda ridiculous, i think.

As a buyer, I find auctions are too time consuming and a bit 20th Century. I love the Buy it Now option but when these people think they can charge ridiculous prices, I will take a stab at an auction. In fact I just won an auction the other day for less than 2/3 of all the Buy it Nows on eBay. As a seller, I oftentimes research what bids are going for at that moment and make my "Buy it Now" $5 cheaper than the current bids. Someone always snatches it up within ten minutes of me listing it.

I thought of buying this whole figure and selling it without the one head. Or parting it out. But that's a bit risky in my opinion. And I have just invested close to $500 on Bane, Catwoman, and a John Blake bash. I can live without this head or wait for a reasonable price. Or my birthday. There's always my birthday :lol

As a buyer, I find auctions are too time consuming and a bit 20th Century. I love the Buy it Now option but when these people think they can charge ridiculous prices, I will take a stab at an auction. In fact I just won an auction the other day for less than 2/3 of all the Buy it Nows on eBay. As a seller, I oftentimes research what bids are going for at that moment and make my "Buy it Now" $5 cheaper than the current bids. Someone always snatches it up within ten minutes of me listing it.

I thought of buying this whole figure and selling it without the one head. Or parting it out. But that's a bit risky in my opinion. And I have just invested close to $500 on Bane, Catwoman, and a John Blake bash. I can live without this head or wait for a reasonable price. Or my birthday. There's always my birthday :lol

Just be patient, once these guys become widespread (after SSC ships them), there'll be heads for sale in the forum. Some will try and gouge you, but some of us will be much more reasonable.

I'm thinking of grabbing an extra Joker for the body and clothes, and if so, I'll certainly sell you a laughing sculpt. Shipping'll be cheap too, since we're in the same city :)

yeah ~ ebay buyers aren't terribly thrifty, which boggles the mind ~ often overbidding on things available cheaper elsewhere or bidding up instead of lying-in-wait.

you get good deals for the time spent prowling. maybe not expedient (no instant gratification), but when you can save 30% or more just by being patient, it's worth it to me.

In fact I just won an auction the other day for less than 2/3 of all the Buy it Nows on eBay.

I watch auctions all the time and the stuff usually sells for close to the buy it now price. So consider your self lucky for being able to get the item for 2/3 of the buy it now price! :clap

I try to bid in auctions so I do not have to pay the buy it now price but people beat me every time because they are willing to bid close to the buy it now price!

:mad:

yeah ~ ebay buyers aren't terribly thrifty, which boggles the mind ~ often overbidding on things available cheaper elsewhere or bidding up instead of lying-in-wait.

Yeah it is annoying when they over bid, the point of an auction should be so you can get a good deal not pay a price higher than another bidder so you just beat them and win the item since the item is widely available for the same price! :gah:

Last edited:
deathbyexile said:

Just be patient, once these guys become widespread (after SSC ships them), there'll be heads for sale in the forum. Some will try and gouge you, but some of us will be much more reasonable.

I'm thinking of grabbing an extra Joker for the body and clothes, and if so, I'll certainly sell you a laughing sculpt. Shipping'll be cheap too, since we're in the same city :)

Score. :yess:

I'll keep my eyes on this topic. I love being a member here if not for the awesome prices collectors offer one another. This hobby would be even more ridiculously expensive if I did everything exclusively on eBay :horror

you get good deals for the time spent prowling. maybe not expedient (no instant gratification), but when you can save 30% or more just by being patient, it's worth it to me.
I hate bidders on eBay who seem to have no strategy or just are willing to overpay for an item. Most of the time if I'm looking at an item on eBay that's auction only and not available for buy it now I'll wait until close to the end of the auction to try and avoid driving the price up more. It makes no sense to me people who bid on an item with like four days or something left because at that point it's pretty much guaranteed to be fetching a pretty high price by the time it ends.

or when people get hung up on an auction and drive the price up past the 'buy it now' level haha.

@KO7: i wil almost definitely be selling the laughing sculpt. i have recently sold the dx01, cop, and the slicked back BR all at prices well below ebay. however, i am considering selling my remaining old joker stuff as a retooled kit with some modding and repaints, etc. not sure if the laughing will be part of that but check in with me, if you're still interested.

I hate bidders on eBay who seem to have no strategy or just are willing to overpay for an item. Most of the time if I'm looking at an item on eBay that's auction only and not available for buy it now I'll wait until close to the end of the auction to try and avoid driving the price up more. It makes no sense to me people who bid on an item with like four days or something left because at that point it's pretty much guaranteed to be fetching a pretty high price by the time it ends.

Hmm .....well there may actually be a reason for why this continues to occur and may explain why as a seller I have never seen people bidding on my stuff since day on, unless I have a reserve price. Some bidders are not interested in the item at all, they are only there to drive the price up to make serious buyers like us pay for more than what we need to.This is called shell bidding and is against the rules according to ebay but it is quite obvious that people are doing it.

right? totally idiotic.

I agree it is totally idiotic if it is just the average Joe that wants the item. But I think my above explanation explains what IMO is really going on. If that is the case than it is not totally idiotic but quite a smart move by the seller and ebay seems powerless to stop it! :thud:

or when people get hung up on an auction and drive the price up past the 'buy it now' level haha.

Yeah especailly when someone like me is just seconds from getting a good deal and they do that. That is just totally idiotic.:cuckoo:

@KO7: i wil almost definitely be selling the laughing sculpt. .

Hey Alexi what is so bad the about the laughing sculpt that you hate?

Back