Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DX 11: Joker 2.0

2_zpse6789080.jpg
8_zps1154c695.jpg
7_zps32c338b9.jpg
4_zps06fe53df.jpg
5_zps20fc6d6a.jpg
6_zpsa3e96c2e.jpg
10_zps691dd2fb.jpg

Good lord Rory!!!
This is mindblowing Amazing man.
Really impressive buddy.

DX 11: Joker 2.0

2_zpse6789080.jpg
8_zps1154c695.jpg
7_zps32c338b9.jpg
4_zps06fe53df.jpg
5_zps20fc6d6a.jpg
6_zpsa3e96c2e.jpg
10_zps691dd2fb.jpg

Sorry to quote these pics again, but just had to comment on what an awesome job you did modding this sculpt. I see this as a best of both worlds, when comparing your sculpt to Zach's resculpt (which I have). You get the better/realistic paint apps from Hot Toys albeit with a more realistic likeness and real hair. Good job.

Also, Rory's pictures made me depressed.

I've been not super exited by 2.0 in hand, I think due to picture fatigue by the time I got it. But I've had it for almost six months (actually, that's a guess, but it's been a while), and it's still sitting in the box.

So seeing a modded figure like Rory's is a double edged sword - it clearly can look amazing, but I also don't feel like expending the effort or money towards that.

Goodness gracious, Rory; first your museum Joker, now this? If I ever wind up getting this guy, or rebuying Jack, for that matter, I know who I'm sending them to.:lol

Thanks for the appreciation gents.

You know, the HT sculpt has a lot going for it. I never loved it stock, but resculpting some small areas changed my perception of it entirely, nose was too pointy, chin was too long, cheeks were not puffy enough and that weird curled little lip. But a lot of the stock paint work was excellent, I kept as much as possible and matched into it.
Hair was my first full head attempt, had to dye it twice to get the shades I wanted but I learnt a lot from it. Gonna see if its easier second time around. And yes, the PERS hatch still comes off, but now it's hairy and creepy...:duff

I don't think he ever states its new. Just that organized crime paid for it.

in the police station, he had no ID and his clothes didn't have tags.

"It’s as if he sprang out of mid-air. No prints, no dental records, no DNA, no labels in his clothes, nothing but, “lint and knives.”

Think that's a big part of the Joker myth.

Nobody knows where he came from and nobody saw him coming.
Just like a Joker. :lol

Nobody knows where and when he bought his clothes and if they were new or used when he bought them.

Also, Rory's pictures made me depressed.

I've been not super exited by 2.0 in hand, I think due to picture fatigue by the time I got it. But I've had it for almost six months (actually, that's a guess, but it's been a while), and it's still sitting in the box.

So seeing a modded figure like Rory's is a double edged sword - it clearly can look amazing, but I also don't feel like expending the effort or money towards that.

Mine's still sitting in the box too. I'm not really sure why, possibly waiting for a rearranging of my shelves.

Great modding Rory, really impressive stuff :clap

Someone said Hot Toys may be making another one in the future? If so, I might pass on an extra one and wait for that one... I wonder what costume it will be, if it's similar, then I can recreate the interrogation scene with this one and have the purple coat on the new upcoming one...

He just said they might be making another Joker, didn't mention which one but i think it will probably be a Nicholson Joker or maybe a nurse Joker

I think it'll probably be another Nicholson Joker. It would be foolish to think they would be done with Heath Joker since it's one of the most iconic film roles and one of their most popular figures. Even if they don't do a nurse joker, they will revisit the figure in the future.

In regards to Nurse Joker, Hot Toys stated in a QnA that they weren't able to make that version because WB. and Christopher Nolan specifically, felt it was morbid and offensive or something. Hot Toys clearly wanted to do it and I think in the 5 years they've had the license they would have put one out by now. I mean, we got an Honor Guard version! I'm sure the Nurse was thought up and developed a few years ago but never came into fruition because they were asked not to make one.

I don't see how licensing or Nolan somehow stops them from doing it if they HAVE the rights to make one. I doubt there's a clause or some kind of contract that states, "oh, you can't make Nurse Joker". That's just ridiculous.

I'm sure we'll see another Ledger Joker soon, probably another purple suited version. DX 3.0 with RPG, KATO suspenders and a pipe! $350! :lol

As for the recent QnA, they could very well mean Nicholson Joker considering how much they've expressed interest in doing variation after variation of him and that "civilian mob" stuff. Look at the Mime, that came out of nowhere.

Last edited:
Back