HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Thanks for the update, man. :duff When you get the chance, I encourage you to take a look at the Iceberg Lounge in the DC figures section. It's a place where we can talk about figures, movies and whatnot.

Sure thing. I did some scenes for the new TMNT a few weeks ago and training now for some Civil War scenes. Short easy day today so I'm browsing through the forum. :wink1:

Sweet, didn't know that, I'll check it out.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Sure thing. I did some scenes for the new TMNT a few weeks ago and training now for some Civil War scenes. Short easy day today so I'm browsing through the forum. :wink1:

Sweet, didn't know that, I'll check it out.

Cool. The thread is still in its infancy and trying to find its footing. But with the arrivals of BvS and Suicide Squad, not to mention the influx of high-end collectibles that will surely accompany them, it should get rocking and rolling.

I have the Batman Armory set, but I've bought a few items affiliated with the DX12 from eBay, including the cowl and mouthplates...I think it's that strong of a set. Some people are more obsessive than others when it comes to accuracy.

If you're looking for a DX12, it's currently valued at $310. Go here for more details. DX (Deluxe) Series - Hot Toys Collectors Price Guide - CollectHT.com

If you want the Batman Armory instead, you can find good deals if you look around. You can get it for far less than the $385 MSRP. It may very well be the last Bale Batman figure HT produces.

Whenever I watch a superhero film I'm reminded of how special Nolan's interpretation of the Batman universe is. Its sparse use of CGI rendered the films dependent not on special effects but on acting, story, and composition. In hindsight, I can really appreciate the trilogy's fidelity to realism.

It also occurred to me that I need a Christian Bale Batman to complete my Nolan collection, as I already have Joker 2.0, Bane, Scarecrow, and Demon Batman (the latter of which doesn't count). I know that the DX12 gets a lot of flack from members for its inaccurate cowl and whatnot, but I'm not particularly fastidious and this figure looks incredible to me.

I would love, however, to garner the insight of my fellow freaks regarding this piece. Does its quality justify its price tag? Maybe Hot Toys will release yet another Batman from the Nolan trilogy in the near future, or perhaps it's possible that they'll discontinue releases from those films altogether as Batman vs. Superman looms.

Thoughts?

I'd say get the armoury version - either with the armoury or just loose from ebay. That way you get the best cowl and faceplates.

Last edited:

Does anyone know if there is a way to remove the chest/shoulder piece, or at least adjust it? Mine is sitting crooked on my figure, rotated counter clockwise, so its throwing off the symmetry of the figure. Thanks!
chest.jpg

The DX12 cowl compared to the Armoury is like night & day. I feel like HT should refund all us collectors who brought the DX12.

Armoury head on DX02

DSCF3431_zps8uikib9j.jpg

I totally agree about the refund or a replacement at least, I never did pose him w/ the DX cowl. Sucks That I had to fork out extra $ Just to make me satisfy w/ my DX 12 :(

But still the dx 12 belt is way superior than the armory.

3b74f9ddfdc3b9ab0bc75a05b651b644.jpg

As you can see, one is the dark knight, the other is the creepy knight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, such a huge difference. So big of one half the people can't tell.
(I agree the armory head looks better but it's not such a huge difference)

There are a few issues with the Dx12 but I'm glad with mine, it's my only batman right now. It's my first and last unless I end up liking Batffleck

There's 2 different factor that makes this so much better it's like my DX 12 came back to life. The painted area around the eyes and the neutral mouth piece. There's subtle diff in the cowl too but just glancing at it you won't notice. He's my favorite figure again but that's also because of my Tony Mei custom cape that adds the finishing touch.

Upgraded my dx12 with the armory cowl!
image.jpg
I had a little question!
I also got the armory bruce wayne, and i was wondering if the bruce head from the armory would fit the dx12 without any mods, or does it need something to fit the dx12 armor?

Dat ^^ mouth plate is criminally underrated

I have mine displayed with the TF Bruce headsculpt. I reckon it's the closest we have come to a good Bale likeness.

A347158F-BDE4-4AAC-A318-83842E4C4448.jpg

Back