HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

Now I'm confused, buy or don't buy if one already owns the DX02. :(

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

It's a smirk, darnit! Look at that Bruce sculpt shot and then look at the mouth plate, there's a difference.

428545_340304439377429_498439515_n.jpg

251799_340304466044093_40204038_n.jpg

Now I'm confused, buy or don't buy if one already owns the DX02. :(

No question about it. Dump the DX02. You may not get $500 for it, but it'll pay for this figure.

This kills the DX02 despite it's flaws IMO

I think they need to pull a Jack Sparrow/Reeve, and ixnay the facesnay in favor of some new improved ones. That reminds me, I needs to post some complaints on Facebook. :lecture

Am I the only one who loves this fig :(

You mad! :lol This figure is epic mate.

No question about it. Dump the DX02. You may not get $500 for it, but it'll pay for this figure.

This kills the DX02 despite it's flaws IMO

I'm keeping DX02 and getting this :nana:

:rotfl

Am I the only one who loves this fig :(

No. It's a great figure.

Like I said before it's 95% to my eyes. Some very very easy things to fix will get it to 99% and the closest i've ever seen to a perfect figure.

Which is why i'm more frustrated cuz it's THAT close.

It's a smirk, darnit! Look at that Bruce sculpt shot and then look at the mouth plate, there's a difference.

The Bale sculpt isn't a neutral mouth position for him. It almost looks like he's about to start speaking.

The "smirk" as evidenced by the Entertainment Weekly cover and a bunch of other pictures, is his neutral face. The corners of the mouth appear to be more curled in some pictures (the pictures you quoted), but in most it matches the EW cover almost perfectly. Particularly the Toy Hunters shots, which appear to be in pretty neutral lighting.

You know a figure is good when it looks absolutely brilliant in the on.cc shots :exactly:

Seriously how good is this thing, I LOVE everything about it.

Was thinking the same thing. Usually, once someone post pics from that site, the thread goes crazy.
This figure still look magnificent even from overexposed shots.

428545_340304439377429_498439515_n.jpg

Mouth on the right looks like whatever this is:

EW-DKR1b.jpg

As I've said before the mouth is ambiguous maybe, but not a smirk strictly.

578858_340304482710758_1047891557_n.jpg

545086_340304492710757_506431781_n.jpg

Neck looks great to me.

311687_340304529377420_1339189362_n.jpg

A close up, over exposed shot reveals that the boots are similar to the Takara boots in design (a shoe and a rubber stocking). Not sure how I feel about that...

Last edited:

The Bale sculpt isn't a neutral mouth position for him. It almost looks like he's about to start speaking.

The "smirk" as evidenced by the Entertainment Weekly cover and a bunch of other pictures, is his neutral face. The corners of the mouth appear to be more curled in some pictures, but it matches the EW cover almost perfectly.

Bale always looks like he's about to talk, the dude's mouth is never completely shut unless he's angry or smirkin.

The on.cc pics really show how epic this figure is. JYE, I'll trade you a DX12 for your DX02

If I owned multiple DX02s, I'd replace 'em all with this guy. Void, it's you and me, we've gotta voice our complaints each day. :lecture

This figure is all kinds of badazz, glad I never picked up the dx02, this blows it away by miles. Hopefully no weird QC issues and we have the best 1:6 bale batman ever made!!!

the cloth undersuit is the smartest thing they ever could have made. now they need to do this to all their batmans and well be set.

Back