HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

It's really not that beefy in the movie though.

The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Poster-Batman-2.jpg

Maybe it was more so in TDK.

Yea that's true, could be. Used to looking at the DX 2 I guess, it does stick out farther.
I just don't know anymore, haha. Not sure I want to drop 3 bills on this. I have the Joker on order so I will need a Bats.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Gotta do what you feel is best. The figure has issues, but I'm not sure I agree with most of the points the guy in the video makes. The chest may be less interesting than the 02, but so is the one in the movie. He complained about the cape being just one layer and thus seeming cheap, but that's what's given Ilforigno's capes the lifelike look, and ability to lay properly. Layered capes have been too stiff to pose well. He doesn't like how bulky the back/shoulders are, but I recall from seeing the movie recently, how it looked like he was wearing a backpack. I'm feeling the nitpicks of folks here more than the guy in the video. But, the guy in the video seemed really cool about it and not just trashing it, so to each their own.

:lol

I mean no offense to canadians but the pronunciation of 'about' is just bizarre to me. It just doesn't fit with the rest of the accent at all. For my ears its a really wierd thing to hear. Every other word sounds exactly as I would expect and then suddenly one word :lol Where'd that come from??? I'll stop now.

About it not fitting, you should be able to hear the accent in other "ow" words like "doubt," "out," and "down" in varying degrees. Sometimes you'll hear extra emphasis on the "o" in words like "going."

I think it this particular pronunciation just came from a lazy annunciation of those sounds, making that sharper "ow" sound eventually devolve to "oh." I noticed that when Americans make fun of us, they exaggerate by making a "oo" sound like "boot," but it's really more of an "oh" like "goat." (Or at least from what I personally have heard, and I have heard people from everywhere in this country)

Personally, I don't like our pronunciation of those sounds so I spent my teen years working on correcting it.

Yea I am glad we can at least get some pics and vids of this before he ships unlike Luke.
The chest lines probably annoy me more than anything. The body is pretty good and the cowl is passable to me. Certain angles look really good and some not so much. I would display him with the Bruce head for the most part. Which I like quite a bit compared to other Wayne sculpts.

About it not fitting, you should be able to hear the accent in other "ow" words like "doubt," "out," and "down" in varying degrees. Sometimes you'll hear extra emphasis on the "o" in words like "going."

I think it this particular pronunciation just came from a lazy annunciation of those sounds, making that sharper "ow" sound eventually devolve to "oh." I noticed that when Americans make fun of us, they exaggerate by making a "oo" sound like "boot," but it's really more of an "oh" like "goat." (Or at least from what I personally have heard, and I have heard people from everywhere in this country)

Personally, I don't like our pronunciation of those sounds so I spent my teen years working on correcting it.

You're now my personal hero. :1-1::hi5:

Yea I am glad we can at least get some pics and vids of this before he ships unlike Luke.
The chest lines probably annoy me more than anything. The body is pretty good and the cowl is passable to me. Certain angles look really good and some not so much. I would display him with the Bruce head for the most part. Which I like quite a bit compared to other Wayne sculpts.

Well said :goodpost:

Just bought this figure. Wanted LUKE to be my last purchase for a while but BATMAN looks to good to pass up.

...the elbows will look awkward every time, like so,

BatmanHD3_zps87a6acb9.jpg

BatmanHD30_zps563e6649.jpg

BatmanHD100_zps12c20e33.jpg

BatmanHD118_zps498d248a.jpg

Never noticed those elbows till now.

I'll probably just cut them off the gauntlets and just glue them right to the elbows.

Get rid of the elbows pads?

Sure some people would ***** that it's not accurate and question why they're not there, but I wouldn't care. I wouldn't mind some artistic changes for the figure, as long as it looked good and was as accurate as it could be (sans the elbows of course).

:goodpost:

Looking good on the shelf >>> "accuracy"

Flat chest is accurate for both TDK and TDKR... DX02 had way too much chestage going on.

Luke DX thread >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> This piece of HT

people need to remember how much hot toys have evolved and improved over the course of a few years, yes it might have a few slight bits that arent quite accurate but there still brilliant and they have reached a level of intricacy and detail that is awesome....if you dont want it fair enough leaves more for me to pick up :panic:

people need to remember how much hot toys have evolved and improved over the course of a few years

Aaaaaaaaaand this year marks the beginning of their devolution then :dunno

Aaaaaaaaaand this year marks the beginning of their devolution then :dunno

do you think ?? just cos Luke looks like S*!T dont lose heart....they know what makes them money the batman stuff always shifts and there is improvement in the DX12 anyone can see that...

Can't believe I never noticed those elbows until now, really odd design choice there.

Can't believe I never noticed those elbows until now, really odd design choice there.

Yea add it to the list. I know we can fix it probably but damn I am tired of fixing stuff that should be no issue.

people need to remember how much hot toys have evolved and improved over the course of a few years, yes it might have a few slight bits that arent quite accurate but there still brilliant and they have reached a level of intricacy and detail that is awesome....if you dont want it fair enough leaves more for me to pick up :panic:

:goodpost:

I think that as a whole the 1:6 community are spoiled brats. Yeah, it's too expensive for what it is, yeah there are flaws, but come on, read Crawford'sreviews rom a few years back. What we used to consider as masterpieces then are considered to be pieces of **** now!

I think that you can't have perfection in a 1:6 format and HT and EB are the closest to 1:6 perfection you can get. If you want better than that, you should probably stick to props or 1:4.

So are they worth the price, hell no, are they awesome yet flawed, hell yes!

Now, for those who don't like it, there's an easy way out, don't buy it (... and pay a fortune two years from now when you realize you should have bought it :) )

Back